Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: World of Warcraft Cataclysm Atlas
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

on June 25, 2011
This atlas is okay. The book is very pretty, has lots of enlarged maps of all Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor with their Cataclysm changes. Mini maps are very detailed. The index for all npcs, enemies, and rare modes is very extensive and a great add on.

My only beef with this book (which is why I returned it), is I compared it with Brady Game's strategy guide for Cataclysm that I already had, and realized the strategy guide is much more extensive, and you would get better use out of that than this. The maps are already marked by number of all NPC's in the area (quest givers, vendors, and Horde/Alliance zones). The maps in the atlas goes by grid, which only gives you the square something is in, not the exact pin point. Only the mini maps adhere to the number system. The guide does also give you maps to all PVP battlegrounds, whereas the atlas just give maps to the battlefields new to Cataclysm.

The strategy guide also tells you what you can get in the area. The atlas only gives you the professions Herbalism and Mining; whereas the strategy guide gives you those, along with fishing and skinning.

The strategy guide also has an extensive guide for beginners, professions guide, section on guilds, race and class training, and PVP guide. The only thing that the strategy guide lacks is the index of rare mods that the atlas provides.

While it is an overall pretty book, it severely lacks in helping you find things or be any sort of extensive map guide. If you really want a better solution, go with buying Brady Game's guide.
on June 11, 2011
Late and no more information than in the Bradley World of Warcraft Cataclysm guide. I waited patiently for this hoping it would have information not available from other books released around the time of Cataclysm. It does not and in fact to show one example it indicated Artha's Tears and Sorrowmoss can be found in Felwood. Having a maxed out Herbalist that regularly sweeps that area for Purple Lotus and Gromsblood I know there is no Artha's Tears or Sorrowmoss there. The maps and NPCs are the same as in previous guides like the guide I mentioned except the previous guides included Outland and Northrend and this atlas does not. With all the new content and quests I had hoped that was the reason for the wait, but this is not what I would call a true atlas of the changes brought about in Azeroth from the Cataclysm. It does have a nice hard cover and the maps are larger, but this was certainly not worth the long wait.

CA Luster
on June 24, 2011
This Atlas fell far short of my expectations. It's incomplete and lacking some of the most basic reference information.

I would expect a game Atlas to have complete maps. This Atlas leaves out 2 continents. That's like leaving out Antarctica and South America in a World Atlas.

Also, I'd expect an Atlas to contain and even feature basic demographic information. Every Atlas I've ever seen has a prominent section on who should go there and who should avoid an area. The Disney World Atlas mentions that some areas are geared for small kids and others for older kids. A travel atlas warns it isn't appropriate to bring the family to a city's red-light district at night. An approximate "best for levels 40 to 50", for example, would be perfect.

Except for the artwork, which was up to BradyGame's standards, there isn't enough redeeming qualities about this Atlas to recommend to new or veteran players. New players would be better off seeking maps online (there's 2 great links for info right from the World of Warcraft website) and veterans won't find anything enjoyable to justify their purchase.
on March 6, 2013
Very nice hardbound book showing maps of regions and towns. Regional maps were likely enlarged from the game and are a bit blurry. A grid system allows one to find the general logation of flight masters, trainers, and venders. It also indicates connecting zones, however, it does not indicate the level range for each zone which would be very useful. The town maps are excellent and show numbers on the map to indicate locations of characters, venders, trainers and points of interest. This can save the player a substantial amount of time. It also has an extensive index of characters to help locate them on the various maps.
on June 11, 2011
This is a rehash of old content, and at that, is missing things. If you wanted maps of new areas such as the city of Dalaran or the ports in Northrend, they are not here. I was sorely disappointed and wrote to the company. These are places I have gone in-game, active new content, and there is no reason they should have been omitted.
on June 17, 2011
This book is an ATLAS for World of Warcraft: Cataclysm. It has maps of the new zones for this expansion as well as maps for all of Azeroth. Northrend and Outland are not included (due to the maps on those continents undergoing minimal - if any - changes in this expansion). This ATLAS also contains maps of cities and outposts throughout Azeroth. Each map has a list of herbs, ore, and vendors in the area. Additionally, there is an index of rare mobs, monsters, and npcs that are referenced to a map.

The strategy guide is the book you want to buy if you want information on classes, races, general playstyle, etc. (BradyGames Signature Series Guide).
on July 29, 2011
I origionally bought this book at a local chain bookstore for myself & my son. We enjoyed it so much & found it so useful, I bought a copy for my sister in Montana with a savings of $10.00 & I got the free super saver shipping. She LOVES it & often has to hunt for it because her son has it hidden away somewhere. The maps are so very useful & I really love the section that tells you where to find the different minerals or herbs needed for professions. I couldn't believe how fast this order shipped!! I would swear that the shipper lived across town from my sister because she got it less than 48 hours after I ordered it with normal shipping!! This has been an excellent shopping expereince and will do business with this seller again!!!
on June 15, 2011
How can this be called an atlas when it only includes parts of two continents, and none of the others? I wasted my money.
on April 4, 2014
I was expecting many pictures ilustrating the map in an artistic way, but this is just a guide...I know that the fault is mine for not properly researching about the book before buying.
on December 4, 2012
Atlas was fantastic and looked great with a genuine WoW look to it. Only issue I have is if you are trying to complete the exploration achievments this atlas does not show everything.