5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie
I'm one to fall for a movie with a happy message, and I love Rene Liu as an actress and singer. Just like Rene at the end of the story [and it's a good one] I'm shedding tears too. Great music, great story. There is that simple enough?
Published 22 months ago by VanHatten

1.0 out of 5 stars Original was Sliced and Diced
My old DVD copy of the movie that I got from China had become too worn down from overuse for me to watch it so I decided to buy a new DVD. I bought this version only to discover that they cut out 20 minutes of the original movie!!!

Published on November 21, 2008 by Y. Chen

1.0 out of 5 stars Original was Sliced and Diced, November 21, 2008
This review is from: A World Without Thieves (DVD)

When I started the movie I thought the forward button was accidently pressed because it did not open with the scene that I remembered (and trust me I've seen this movie way too many times!). Then when I realized that I had not accidently fast forwarded to the next scene I went to the deleted scenes section and realized that they cut out multiple scenes from the movie, and the beginning of the movie was not even in the list of deleted scenes! Needless to say I was shocked and very upset that they butchered one of my favorite movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars I love this movie, April 14, 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding., August 2, 2008
This review is from: A World Without Thieves (DVD)
Outstanding. It's hard to blend genres like they did in this film, which is a mix of action, comedy, serious drama and romance, but it works. Very entertaining. As good as any of our better Hollywood films. The end scene alone is such a testament to quality acting that I was impressed. Message, layers of meaning, visually stylish...what more can you ask for. Buy it. You won't be disappointed.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Movie! The original Chinese cut is best though., December 30, 2009
This review is from: A World Without Thieves (DVD)
I think this is a great movie! I have seen the American release and the Chinese one and I will say the Chinese one is better. For some reason they even cut one of the funniest scenes that takes place during a train robbery. So, despite all the ins and outs of what is there and what isn't, it is a good movie. Unfortunately it is a little predictable in the usual Chinese "you can't have a totally happy ending" way. Forget all that, watch it. Andy Lau (''', Liu DeHua) is amazing and the rest of the cast is just as great. It should make you laugh, cry, and sit on the edge of your seat. In a way it is reminiscent of 'Oceans 11' or 'The Sting' in that you are hanging on trying to guess who did what and who will win. Worth the watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars Andy Lau is great, September 6, 2008
This review is from: A World Without Thieves (DVD)
A mix of a naÔve pissant mentality, crime sexy action and police doing a job as good reigns over evil at the end of a tunnel a train where this a bit long movie of modern mainland China as seen by Hong Kong producers run through.

What is undisputable, characters of Andy Lau are always so sexy that viewer feels even filmmakers pay tribute to actor's attractiveness by creating scripts reflecting his masculinity.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good film lousy version, August 27, 2013
This review is from: A World Without Thieves (DVD)
They cut out the first part of the film where the two of them scammed a fellow out of his car. No subtitles. luckily had seen the actual versions, which had subtitles. The film it self was very good, but what I received was a disappointment.

2.0 out of 5 stars Good movie, *but*..., February 17, 2011
Tommy Carstensen (Cambridge, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: A World Without Thieves (DVD)
1) There is only one audio track (Chinese).
2) There are only subtitles in one language (English).
3) It is not HD. You can get YouTube videos in a better quality than this.
4) IMDb states that the film is 113 minutes. The DVD is only 110 minutes including end credits, opening credits and company logos. Obviously something is missing as another reviewer has pointed out.

Good movie, but don't buy the 2004 DVD version.

A World Without Thieves
A World Without Thieves by Feng Xiaogang (DVD - 2007)
$19.99 $7.95