4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job
I ordered this backpack on-line for my 9 year old daughter. She had a rolling backpack for school previous to this one that I had bought at target and I was looking for one with some of the same features.
This is a roomy backpack/bag and has enough pockets to seperate books, folders, lunch, etc.
The downfall is that the side pockets are not deep enough to hold...
Published on March 25, 2011 by C. Lillwitz

3.0 out of 5 stars great bag
Published on September 18, 2011 by momof3

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, March 25, 2011
C. Lillwitz "MyFourAngels" (Going out of my mind in, Il. United States) - See all my reviews
The downfall is that the side pockets are not deep enough to hold a waterbottle.
It is sewn on a slant and the waterbottle falls out when the bag is being rolled.
Also, there are not any loops on the bag to hang the little charms and such that little girls like to do.
It rolls well and is pretty.
Another nice feature is that the bottom is plastic and will not wear through or get wet rubbing on the ground.
They should do something about the design of the outter pockets.
The price was reasonable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Finally!! a backpack that rolls well and doesn't get a hole in the bottom!, March 23, 2014
Elizabeth M Woodrow (Houston, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I have bought my daughter a few different rolling backpacks. They tend to have the same faults:
1. they tend to "flip" over very easily, then the kid will drag them along for a few feet before stopping to flip them back. This leads to...
2. After being dragged along the pavement, the a hole wears into the fabric on the bottom of the backpack opposite the wheels, allowing things to fall out.
3. The "feet" on the base opposite the wheels that allow them to stand up tend to fall off, so then you can't stand the backpack up.
4. After a few weeks, the retractable handle starts to stick and it practically takes an act of Congress to raise and lower it.

Wow! What a difference this backpack is!!
1. The wheels are bigger and more stable than other we have tried. My daughter can wheel this bad boy across a driveway with a significant slope on her way to the bus stop without it tipping over.
2. The base of the backpack is encased in hard plastic, so even when she is being a brat and drags it along the wrong way, the plastic holds up to the punishment
3. Instead of weak little "feet" screwed into the frame, the feet on this are part of the molded plastic base and they are not going anywhere. Having it standing makes it so much easier for my daughter to dig through the horrid pit of crumpled paper and pulverized Cheese-its looking for her homework.
4. The handle is so easy to raise and lower, and it still works.

I am waiting for the other shoe to drop on this backpack as this thing is too good to be true.

5.0 out of 5 stars The ideal backpack for any age, really!, December 13, 2010
K. Hubbell (Newcastle, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I had just purchased a Gap rolling backpack for my 6 year old son for school when my 8 year old daughter decided that having a rolling backpack would be much easier on her. I found this one on amazon.com and she liked the pink circle pattern. I have to tell you that this backpack is WAY better quality than my son's Gap backpack. This J World rolling backpack is the perfect size for Kindergarten - college! I could see traveling with it really easily too. The wheels are super sturdy and the handle is easy to use and doesn't get the kids fingers caught in it like the Gap one does.

3.0 out of 5 stars great bag, September 18, 2011
I purchased this bag for my daughter becuase she needed something with wheels to pull all her books and homework around. A regular backpack was just weighing her down and she would still have to carry her notebook in hand. She chose this one online and when it came in she loved it even more. She was able to put all her things inside including her 3 ring notebook binder and she had extra pockets for all her pencils and pens, etc. I gave it 3 stars because she has only used the bag for about a month and the handle on it is loose. It shakes and wiggles when she tries pulling the bag, that may be due to all the weight she has inside, but I'm not sure. The other reason is the side pockets are not designed to hold water bottles. They just are not deep enough. You have to be careful what you put in them because your items can easily slip out. But overall we love the bag, the material and design, and I'll try to get that handle fixed.

5.0 out of 5 stars One of the best in the market, December 20, 2010
Bought this item for the second time, all I can say is this rolling backpack is one of the best, easy to clean and to carry, my child loves it because it has many pockets inside that allow her to storage all her books, pencils, pens, etc. Very nice and really good product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice backpack, September 17, 2010
We purchased this for our 12 year old daughter and she loves it. She uses it for school and she carries a ton of books. It is strong and the wheels roll perfectly. The pull out handle is also very trong. Overall the backpack is well made and we would recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, January 18, 2013
My daughter chose this backpack for the rolling wheel style and the bright fun colors. She loves it and it has managed the school year pretty well with very little to no wear and tear!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Buy!, September 16, 2011
This is a great rolling backpack!!! I bought two last year for each of my kids and the only reason I bought two again this year is because the kids wanted a different style. These backpacks are durable and you don't have to worry about the bottom of the bag getting a hole in it because the bottom is made of a protective plastic that will last the whole school year. The best thing about this backback is the cost. It is very reasonable compared to other brands. You won't be sorry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really good product, January 30, 2013
My daughter uses this every day for school and this is a really good rolling backback. After 6 months still perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Daughter loves it!, January 31, 2013
This backpack is sturdy! My daughter has been using it for months and no problems. Thanks for such a great product!

J World New York Sunrise Rolling Backpack