Showing 1-25 of 38 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 25, 2006 3:45:34 PM PDT
What song do you think is better world wide suicide
or dani california.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 10:57:50 AM PDT
edgar says:
world wide suicide is so much better because i like pearl jam more

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2006 3:47:42 PM PDT
Yeah how can you not go with World wide suicide.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 8:08:29 AM PDT
Scott says:
"Dani California" is definetly better. I can't understand anything Ed says during "Suicide", the lyrics are almost totally inaudible. Which is a shame, given what he's actually saying. The song just seems kinda basic. There is a lot more going on, musically in 'Dani.' The bridge is awesome. Sounds like a mix of crosstown traffic and highway chile. Frusciante had to be listening to a lot of hendrix when they recorded it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 2:03:04 PM PDT
David Emmett says:
I think Dani California is much better than World Wide Suicide because WWS sounds the same as all of the other songs on their new cd. I have listened to the new Pearl Jam cd and Im not going to pay money for it. Dont get me wrong, Im a fan of Pearl Jam, but the last 2 studio albums have both sucked in my opinion. I really hope the hype around Stadium Arcadium is true because I want to relive the days of me first getting my liscenes and listening to the Blood Sugar Sex Magic tape for a month non-stop...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 3:37:38 PM PDT
On second thought I guess Dani California is a better song but its just so nice
to see Pearl Jam rocking again!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2006 5:39:27 PM PDT
tes22153 says:
Dani california is a lot better. Whenever Eddie sings he sounds like he has marbles in his mouth and you cant understand him and pearl jam just isnt that good anymore

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 7:27:41 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 2, 2006 10:05:11 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 1:54:10 PM PDT
Hmmm...I actually like both songs. I feel like the Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam are (and always have been) two very different groups musically, and it's not really fair to compare them to each other. How can you compare psychedelic/punk/funk with grunge? There's no way you can say that Pearl Jam's new album will "slaughter" Stadium Arcadium. It's like comparing apples and oranges and saying that the orange is better because it is juicier.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 1:54:23 PM PDT
TF says:
I would say that RHCP is a level above Pearl Jam, but thats just my opinion. Thankfully, both of them are awesome, and are both coming out with new albums.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 2:54:11 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 2, 2006 10:04:51 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 3:39:40 PM PDT
Oh come on how can "Dani California" not stick in your head! "World Wide Suicide" is good but IS easily not as catchey as "Dani Claifornia" and lets face
it both songs are very simple!

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 6:19:37 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on May 2, 2006 10:05:11 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 8:47:00 PM PDT
Jack says:
Pearl Jam and Red Hot Chile Peppers are different bands with different sounds, but comparing them is fair. They both came into the national eye at about the same time and they share a lot of fans; me included. I think Dani California is a better song than World Wide Suicide. But the new Pearl Jam album is better then Stadium Arcadium, although Stadium Arcadium's easier to get in to from the first listen. Tool's 10,000 Days is better than either of them, but it takes way more patience listen through and it's a lot heavier, so it's not for everyone. Really, I'm just glad that some of the greatest bands from the 90s (that are still together) are putting out some terrific CDs this month. No complaints here. Just make sure you buy these discs so these guys keep making them for us.

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 8:59:13 PM PDT
Scott says:
A better question would be who is the superior guitar player, McCready or Frusciante?

In reply to an earlier post on May 1, 2006 9:53:39 PM PDT
Iguana_boy says:
blargh, why compare? Honestly? i've not listened to Pearl Jam since Vs. era. And i realized why the other day. They forgot they used to experiment with their music a lot more back in the day. WWS sounds like any song i've ever heard from them and I can not understand 90% of what Vedder is singing. Hell I have a hard time with Dani California to be honest, but at least RHCP is more melodic on the ears. But to be fair, RHCP isn't that terribly good at expanding their sounds either, but they've never really pretended to. They do the funk/rock and do it well. Personally? Vedder's lyrics come across way too pretentious imho, politics and music don't always mix that well. Vitalogy was the last really experimental good disc from PJ in my opinion...but sadly it was not a real good success. ;-; I liked the direction they were expanding in that, but it lost some fans so they went back to good ole Classic Coke formula....er music.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2006 5:41:04 AM PDT
I'm sorry, but how are Vedder's lyrics pretentious?

If you don't understand them, then that's your own fault--quite frankly, they're fairly simple and relevant. Pretentious is the wrong word.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2006 8:48:43 AM PDT
Scott says:
The lyrics themselves are not pretentious, just inaudible. The fact that most of the vocals on the album are inaudible, that is pretentious.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2006 12:42:27 PM PDT
kyle says:
Both are good songs. Neither song is the band's best so why compare? There are better songs than wws pj's new album and I'm sure there's better songs on stadium arcadium than dani. I like the sound of wws better and lyrics are far superior but like others have said it's hard to hear all of them. fortunately their printed in the liner notes and they become quite obvious once you read them. Although dani cali still rocks.

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2006 4:31:17 PM PDT
J. Pate says:
I have listened to Stadium Arcadium at least five times since it has been on VH1's "Hear Music First". I also own the newest Pearl Jam cd and have listened to it twice. I'm not sure why these two bands are being compared, but if you insist! Stadium Arcadium is, in my humble opinion, much more enjoyable than Pearl Jam's new one. At first listen, the double cd is almost too much to digest in one sitting (believe me, I tried!), but after listening to the songs one at a time, out of order, I began to appreciate and enjoy each one on its own merit. There are no real surprises on Stadium Arcadium, but no real disappointments either and that's rare for a double album. Pearl Jam's newest, on the other hand, has not "grabbed me" yet. I used to like Pearl Jam a lot, but they have lost my interest over the past several studio albums. I suppose it's the fact that they seem unwilling to give their initial fans what they've been craving since VS. came out. I love the Pearl Jam who wasn't afraid of melody, diversity and even some popular-sounding tunes. I haven't yet identified with the political, angry, perpetually-experimental Pearl Jam and probably won't. As I understand it, this album was supposed to be sort of a return to that early Pearl Jam sound and I suppose, in a way, it is. There is more immediate "catchiness" to it and I felt more excited than I have in a long time about one of their releases. I guess I'm not really that pumped about Pearl Jam anymore because, to me, they've just about done everything they can do with their sound. The Chili Peppers have also probably done that, but they have more tricks up their sleeve and their diversity is much more enjoyable than Pearl Jam's LACK of such. In the end, music is completely subjective and you can like whoever you want to! My favorite tracks so far are: Stadium Arcadium, Hump de Bump, Slow Cheetah, Strip My Mind, Wet Sand, Hard to Concentrate, and Readymade, but I'm beginning to like ALL of them the more I listen! Thanks for reading this!

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2006 5:53:45 PM PDT
In response to the guitar question, In my opinion, Fresciante is a better guitar player. He's more original than McCready and his riffs are much sweeter. Ive Been playing for about 10 years and I think Frusciente is just a better player with more creativity, and a better ear....

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2006 9:11:06 PM PDT
Landrummer says:
Red hot chili peppers are way better than pearl jam.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2006 6:21:22 AM PDT
agreed.

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2006 1:39:10 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 29, 2007 12:48:33 PM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on May 4, 2006 4:11:30 PM PDT
PatrickJS says:
Dani California is a GIANT let down but WorldWide Suicide is so bad it's almost like a joke, Pearl Jam need to retire, they've LOST IT
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Stadium Arcadium forum
Participants:  23
Total posts:  38
Initial post:  Apr 25, 2006
Latest post:  May 7, 2006

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Stadium Arcadium
Stadium Arcadium by Red Hot Chili Peppers (Audio CD - 2006)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (720)