Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Luxury Beauty Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Outdoor Recreation SnS

• Customer Reviews

on March 9, 2011
I gave this as a gift to my brother. Everyone really enjoyed them. My brother's pre-schooler shouted, "Yeah! Cigarettes!" :) To add to the debate, I don't believe these candies create smokers. Me and my brother ate these growing up and neither of us smoke. Even as teenagers, we would get candy cigarettes instead of smoking real ones. If anything, it was an alternative to smoking for us.
11 comment|87 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 10, 2011
at my office all the smokers get a 10 minute smoking break. I handed out candy cigarettes to all the non-smokers and now we get a break too
on September 21, 2008
I bought the cigarettes for my dad's 80th birthday Roaring 20's Party. We dressed mom up as the military cigarette girl and she met the guests with "Cigarettes?"... They were the perfect added element to the party. Also placed ashtrays on table tops to add to the scene.
on July 15, 2010
When I bought bubble gum cigarettes I wish someone had left a review. I ordered a lot of candy cigarettes which those are just sticks of sugar. These are the ones I remembered buying from the ice cream truck when I was child. I bought these for my nephews birthday as party favors and they were a great success. The kids couldn't believe if you blow in them they blow smoke out the other end. The gum really does taste good too. If you remember these cigarettes I highly recommend them, if you don't remember them you should try them to.
on January 7, 2013
OUTSOURCING GONE VERY, VERY WRONG!

Another reviewer noticed these are now made in Colombia, and sure enough, they are.

These are very, very hard and definitely don't have the same taste as the original candy. They are also aesthetically inferior to the original product - many pieces are misshapen.

Unfortunately, the wonderful candy these used to be are long gone. I will never buy these again.
review image
on January 4, 2013
I've been enjoying these off and on for 35 years. Sometime in the past year or so these candy cigarettes started being made with a new recipe (I hear cane sugar instead of corn sugar). The taste is quite similar and not an issue, but the consistency is much different. In the past they were more chalky, which allowed you to easily break them down and suck on them a little bit to disintegrate them and draw out their full taste. Now, they have more of the consistency of a Necco wafer. They are hard on your teeth to break down unless you are content to spend 10 minutes letting them melt in your mouth, and sucking on them a little bit doesn't disintegrate them and let you draw out their full flavor. I don't plan to buy them again unless they improve the consistency.

2/11/13 UPDATE -- GOOD NEWS: World Confections announced that they are returning permanently to the old recipe! During the transition, which is expected to start in an April 2013 timeframe, they will be "affixing an Original Recipe sticker to the boxes of candy that contain the original 'melt-in-your-mouth' recipe."
66 comments|38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 2, 2011
I have to say, either the other reviewers have lost their memories, or they did not have the same candy cigarettes that i had as a kid. These are not the same things, they are a cheap knock off with a different taste and texture. I am saddened by the people who thought these were the same things, that some of us remember as a kid. Maybe they are younger than me and did not get to taste the wonderfulness of the original ones or maybe they have just forgotten.

These imitations are just as someone else had stated on a different set of the same cigarettes. I thought maybe since this one had better reviews, that it might be a different manufacturer selling the same cigarettes. However i was wrong. The other person is absolutely right. These cigarettes do not have that chalky texture that the originals had. Sure you may say, well isn't that a good thing. No, it is not. It wasn't like they tasted like chalk. If anyone remembers pepto-bismal and how it was the only thing you actually didn't mind taking when you were sick. You remember that flavor was very similar to the flavor of candy cigarettes. The new texture is more gooey and chewy, which just doesn't feel the same when you eat them.

The flavor was similar to wintergreen breath savers, but a little different in the originals and the new one is an off flavor of the same but just doesn't taste as good to me. This product has left me completely disappointed, since i was hoping to get the same candy cigarettes i had as a kid, but am now left with 24 boxes of candy cigarettes that i do not even enjoy. If you are a fan of the originals and remember the greatness of them, you will be hugely disappointed when these arrive. The only way you will enjoy these, is if you never got to experience the originals in the first place and must have had these ones all along.

Luckily though, they were under 8 dollars with free shipping from amazon, otherwise i would be demanding a refund. I guess i will just give them out to random friends and hope they enjoy them. I miss the originals, but now after trying these i am afraid they are gone forever.

Also, i forgot to mention, the size of each box and the cigarettes inside are almost half the size of the original ones as well.
1414 comments|33 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on September 6, 2012
I've ordered these before and they were wonderful. Now they are terrible. They are much harder and taste like candy hearts. They must have changed the formula. Not worth buying or eating.
55 comments|22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on July 11, 2011
If your desire is to relive childhood memories through your taste buds, this underwhelming substitute will make you feel like crying.

Candy cigarettes I bought in the mid to late 1960s had a wonderfully subtle (still can't name it) flavor that was so enjoyable I'd suck on one end of a candy cigarette to try to make it last as long as I could, and would innevitably be unable to resist biting into it. The old/original candy cigarettes crunched when you bit into one, and only with biting it did you discover the mild grit and the slightly chalky taste.

The only similarities between the candy cigarettes of the 1960s and the product being sold here is the shape of the candy, and maybe the packaging. There's no flavor in this product (and I really do mean no flavor) and the texture is all wrong. Biting into one = no crunch, no grit, no chalky flavor. It just melts into a glob in your molars that feels (but doesn't taste like) confectioners sugar.
on November 2, 2010
I used to play with and chew these gum cigarettes as a kid (I grew up in the 80's). These are exactly like the ones we had then. You can blow the powdered sugar (or what we pretended was smoke as kids) out of them a few times, before peeling them and chewing the gum. Glad I could find these and share the tradition with my kid. I told her these were the only "cigarettes" I'd ever approve of...lol