Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM

on October 17, 2008
I'm not really an audiophile, but I set up a new system including a Super Audio CD player, and have purchased a bunch of SACD's. This is my favorite! Absolutely crystal clear. I camped out in front of my stereo for an hour just listening to this. A really great collection of songs. The other reviewer is right about "Spanish Harlem." Her voice just gets right to me, all the way down inside.
on June 6, 2007
This album may be not the world greatest audiophile record, but it's the one of finest album that I have. This album does not like other modern audiophile album that use electronics device in order to boost the dynamics range and complicate Mix.

Here they use only single point microphone, no overdubs, no multi tracking, no large mixing control. So the sound is very analog to my ear. It's a must for both audiophile or people who want a great music
on November 25, 2008
When I bought this sacd by Chesky recording it really opened my ears.This disc is in two channel only.Not multichannel.But the stereo sound is so real in the room when you hear the vocals from these artists. Very moving and touching when listening. How pure can a stereo sacd can be?I would say that Chesky records did a great job making this two channel format. I would truly recomend this. Theres a true variety of music on this. good jazz vocal,some vocals have good sounding strings in the backround.If any of you audiophile listeners are thinking of listening to different brands of speakers if your at your friends place or buying new ones this is a good disc to tag along with ,to hear all the different vocals it gives You. You love good range of vocal acoustics ?than I highly recomend this music.
VINE VOICEon August 7, 2010
The reason I purchased this CD was primarily because of its sound quality, not the songs. However, I did listen to a preview of all of them to make sure there was nothing objectionable on the album like rap or electronic music. All of the songs on here are pretty good, although my favorites are Spanish Harlem and Fever.

The sound quality on this CD is indeed of high quality. If you like the style of the artists on this compilation and want to see how good your audio system can sound, I highly recommend this disc. Very natural, good dynamic range, very well recorded. I am happy I purchased it.
on January 21, 2007
This CD is a must have for é different reasons: first, a very very interesting compilation of excellent artists, second for the exceptionnal recording quality, and this has become one of my favorite test CD.

A must have like I said.
on September 26, 2008
This recording sounds great in SACD - multichannel as well as in an ordinary CD-player. The hair on my arms rises when I hear the voice of Rebecca Pidgeon singing Spanish Harlem on this record. There are several amazing vocals here. The record is also perfect for testing your Speakers and hardware. The base on this recording is amazing. Also here it's the recording of Spanish Harlem that puts the gear to a test. You will love the sound of this record.
on November 6, 2007
I am not sure if the title of this album is literally correct but it is very very good. The recording exemplifies the typical quality of this recording company and the artists are excellent. From this album I have since purchased several other albums by artists featured on this album based on the performances I heard. Very nice album. Seriously worth a listen.
on May 9, 2008
Double treat, the selection of songs and various excellent artists make this delightful listening, plus they have done a very fine job of the recording.

Instruments and vocals are given their own space to breath in the sound stage.

Load the CD player, make cocktails, sit back, sip and enjoy the music!
on February 11, 2014
This SACD is pretty much as advertised. I don't know if they are THE greatest Audiophile Vocal Recordings but they are surely great. Interesting vocalists with unique styles in damn near breath-taking sound. If you enjoy the idea of having these singers over for a visit singing just for you, then this disc is it. It's hard to imagine a more intimate, genuine vocal experience than this disc offers.
Damn!
This is one of those 5.1 discs that I kept in my Bose system disc-tray...
like a Diet Coke in my car's drink holder. Nobody ever drinks from my
soda... but "some-body"---sure as hell--- stole my favorite 5.1 sampler.
Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez! This costs as much as $300--- IF you can find one.

EX=PEN=SIVE!