5.0 out of 5 stars Not As Angry As EYEWTKAS, But A Little More Melodic
This Album should get people, who refused to accept that Glassjaw had talent and said that their previous Album "Everything You Ever Wanted To Know About Silence" was below average, to sit up and take notice. Glassjaw are heading for a new direction with this release. And it's definitely a natural direction.

Vocalist Darryl Palumbo is very underrated. He's a...
Published on April 1, 2005 by Mono-Grind

3.0 out of 5 stars Aggressive ambitions partially achieved
3 1/2

One of those few bands with heavy hardcore influences whose crunching melodies outshine screaming brethren, mainly of course from the distinguished, if over-enunciated and schizophrenic stylings from Palumbo, guiding some misguided or overthought segments but also huge vocal payoffs.
Published on August 4, 2009 by IRate

5.0 out of 5 stars Not As Angry As EYEWTKAS, But A Little More Melodic, April 1, 2005
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)

Vocalist Darryl Palumbo is very underrated. He's a highly talented singer who just seems to get better on this Album. The tunes on this Album range from heavy-angry to melodic quickly, sometimes in the same song. "EYEWTKAS" had much the same feel to it, but i think personally, that on this Album..Glassjaw have perfected their sound. It sounds newer, and more defined.

The highlights on this Album would be "Tip Your Bartender", "Mu Empire", "Cosmopolitan Bloodloss", "Ape Dos Mil", "Pink Roses", "Must Have Run All Day", "Radio Cambodia", "Cavalcade" and "Two Tabs of Mescaline". Every song has it's own catchy-ness, and is totally listenable.

Darryl Palumbo's voice is unbelievable, especially, on tracks like "Ape Dos Mil", "Pink Roses" and "Must Have Run All Day". Those 3 tracks in particular, are very melodic and they also set the mood somewhat for the whole Album. This Album, i think, is a huge turnaround really from what they sounded like on "EYEWTKAS". Most of the songs have the same heaviness to them, and the same catchy-ness..But there's just something about this Album..It's AS good as "EYEWTKAS", if not better in some parts, and i truly believe that people who disliked their debut Album will enjoy this Album alot more.

I think Glassjaw deserve alot more praise than they seem to be getting. They mix up Hardcore/Emo/Punk/Metal, and turn it into something very special. Darryl Palumbo is as talented as Mike Patton. The lyrics are unique, and somewhat poetic. Glassjaw are just a top-quality band, that if you do like any of the Hardcore/Emo/Punk/Metal genres, you will surely enjoy them. I give this Album an easy 5/5. It's just that good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Am I worshiping or am I tributing?, October 19, 2002
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
"This is a war!!!" Daryl shrieks on the musical call to arms 'Tip Your Bartender'. It certainly feels like one.
Second track 'Mu Empire' does the impossible and steps up the levels of both intensity and melody, and features one of Glassjaw's trademark sublime choruses. 'Cosmopolitan Bloodloss' and 'Ape Dos Mil' are more accessible than anything they've written before, yet this doesn't sacrifice any of the intelligence or complexity they're known for. Sixth track 'Must've Run All Day' is a revelation, featuring guitarist Todd Weinstock on the E-Bow. The record's most gentle track explodes into its heaviest - the brutal 'Stuck Pig'. This song might scare those people who bought 'W/T' for 11 Cosmopolitan Bloodloss's, and in that respect is remeniscant of 'Hurting and Shoving' off their debut. The last three tracks show Glassjaw at their most progressive. '...Cavalcade...' might not make much sense at first, but pulls itself together with the last gut wrenching chorus, with Daryl repeating "Home is where the heart is...on the bus". 'Trailer Park Jesus' features a beautiful latticed melody and nice ethnic drumming, but sounds inconsequencial compared to the albums transcendent closer 'Two Tabs of Mescaline'. A monolith of a track, it tears itself apart on numerous melodic tangents before ending in a tornado of distortion. An aural punch to the stomach.
Unlike most bands currently enjoying their 15minutes, you sense Glassjaw need to play their music because their lives depend on it. Every chord sounds like release and every note sounds like it was ripped from their souls. And in their frontman, they have a singer who is willing to share his feelings, thoughts and beliefs. 'W/T' is a beautifully melodic and emotional record, one that you can fall in love with and believe in when all your Korn or Sum41 albums have drained you and left you feeling hollow and used...

5.0 out of 5 stars Alterna-Metal ExtraOrdinaires!, January 24, 2006
Metalgazer (Salisbury, NC USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
This album kills their last. This one is way more raw, loud and noisy. But also more melodic. They have managed to flesh out their sound and experiment enough to stand out from the rest of SCREAMO. More inspired than most, Glassjaw have an energy; a creative edge consisting of both brains and brauns. And the lead singer,...that mug can scream! They have made their mark in hardcore - with this album, they are well on their way to joining the ranks of alterna-metal pioneers/revolutionaries/extraordinaires such as Deftones, Hum, Tool... i know thats saying alot. But this album drips with ingenuity, art, and uncompromised sound - quenching my thirsty ears.

GlassJaw continue to push the envelope...Can't wait for the next 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow...., August 14, 2002
Alex (California) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
Wow was the only thing that i could say after listening to W & T. I've been a huge fan of glassjaw since their debut album came out a couple years back. I can't say that i've been an old school fan of them because i never was, but i know about them enough to name them as one of my favorite bands ever. The emotion and energy on this album is truly amazing. I've never heard so many powerful songs in one album before. The lyrics are strange and sometimes don't make sense, but there is always a meaning behind the songs. If you're a fan of their last album EYEWTKAS i'm not sure what you will think of this album. I've read mixed reviews anywhere ranging from Amazing to The worst album ever made. It's another one of those albums where there is a line drawn between new and old fans. I believe that if you are a true fan of the band you'll enjoy everything they do and if they feel like branching out and making different kinds of music then i think you should keep your mind open and accept the changes and listen to it for what it is. GJ is an amazing band and are an amazing group of guys. Daryl has one of the most mesmerizing voices i've ever heard. All the songs are pretty much covered by previous reviews, but i'm just going to say that every single track on this album, every second that passes by when you're listening is worth your time and money. They have done it again...Worship & Tribute is truly an album that will be worshipped and tributed in the future.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Emo-core" to the next degree, June 10, 2005
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
Right now in the popular music arena there are several bands (Thursday, Taking Back Sunday, Finch, etc.) that are cranking out emo music with literate lyrics, screaming and hardcore-ish guitar riffs woven in at all the right places.

Glassjaw should not be grouped in with these bands. They offer much, much more.

On Worship and Tribute, Glassjaw have taken their adrenalized emo/hardcore act and perfected it. The music retains its own original style even as it ranges over very complex and radical shifts, both mid-song and from track to track, in intensity and style. From their last album, Palumbo has matured as a vocalist. He seems to have gained more control over his voice, which means that his characteristic mood swings are much more focused and expertly delivered.

Glassjaw uses dynamics to create the emotion in their music. Sounds obvious, I know, but many of these bands nowadays start at loud and only change dynamics by screaming (sometimes, they write slow songs, but they are slow songs that are written to be slow songs and achieve nothing else). On Worship and Tribute, songs intensify and relax to complement the intelligent (and sometimes obtuse) lyrics. The effect is truly emotional music that is not only charged but cathartic.

This is a band that only gets better and better. Their songs range so many dynamics that I highly recommend taking the time and listen to all of the 30 second clips Amazon has posted to get some idea of what the whole album offers.

5.0 out of 5 stars It grows on you...to say the least, November 13, 2002
"a_yellow_bedwetter" (Rage Against the Wyoming) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
...this is a brilliant album, but you may not recognize it as such immediately. I certainly didn't, but now that I have, I can't say enough great things about this wonderful, wonderful band known as Glassjaw. When I originally was planning to sit down and construct this review, I was planning on giving the album just four stars, since I hold only my most favorite and enjoyable albums in the 'five star quality' status. But when I sat down to listen to the album while typing up my review, I realized, I can think of no reason to mark it down to anything less than five stars. I absolutely love every song on the album, save "Trailer Park Jesus", and it's hard for me to find anything negative to say about this band or this release. If you own the first album, Everything You Wanted To Know About Silence, and have not yet been treated to this one, definitely it pick it up. It is more mature and mellowed than the first album, but certainly not any less emotional. You can really see how far they've all come as a band. If you are new to Glassjaw, then by all means, make Worship and Tribute the next album purchase you make. The packaging is one of the best ever, and the album inside is pure hardcore bliss. It may take some time to really get into it, but once you do, I think you'd have a hard time ever viewing music the same way again. Buy this album, you won't regret it...

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Notch, May 21, 2006
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
Forget about all other Glassjaw albums for the moment; THIS album is their zenith. I discovered this album, and band for that matter, at a time when I was having "scene" crammed down my throat. This album was my messiah from the music that was surrounding it at the time, and probably even more so now. This band reassured me on this album that melody and brute could be combined, and feeling could be expressed in rock music without having to fit into tight pants to do so. Worship and Tribute does a great job of lightly grazing trends yet still doing business on its own terms. Palumbo is iconoclastic with tight vocal melodies and lyrics that imply a dark sense of humor. The guitarists work off of each other creating harmonies that seem avant-garde in this era of rock while being anchored by smooth basslines that fit right in the pocket the drummer creates. Not to mention that the double-bass effect created by the single-pedal wielding drummer on "mu empire" is simplistically genius. I also once heard this album was tracked all at once by the band the way it would have been done back in the day, which i think is impressive. On the general rock side of things, Worship and Tribute is one of my all time favorites.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worship and Tribute! Go GlassJaw, March 23, 2004
"fortnight6" (Victoria, Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
Yeah! This album is supurb! I bought both GlassJaw albums together, so at first I didn't really like this album that much, cause GlassJaws Debut Album EYEWTKAS grabbed me by the nuts and didn't let go! After a little time I gave this Album a good listen and discovered the true meaning of life! Oh yeah, It's terrific. If only the song El Mark were on this Album! It really should be! It probably was going to be but they couldn't finish it in time or something?
Heres a shot run down and score of each song!
1) Tip You Bartender - 10/10
I love this song. Perfect opener! It's right up my alley! Simple but real cool. The verse is crazy and wild. Then comes the chorus, after a few times your hooked. The chorus is huge sounding, yet quite simple. I adore that chorus.
2) Mu Empire - 9/10
This song has probably the most stunning moment I ever heard in a song! Where he sings "Ah, I Do, I Do!!" Gold, I love it! Verse is very good. Only the riff in the intro is a tad messy! But still cool! Also very well arranged song in my opinion!
3) Cosmopolitan Bloodloss - 9/10
One of the singles to this album! If only the chorus " After all, After all," were a little less annoying this would be my favorite song! The verses are so cool, and the bridge section is really good too.
4) Apes Dos Mil - 8.5/10
Another single. This song is a real chick pleaser. Girls love it! I like the verse a lot. However I it's a bit art-ty for me, I was never really into these sorta songs, but I do like this song!
5) Pink Roses - 9/10
Pretty crappy verse, but all is forgiven when the chorus kicks in! Astonishing. I love that chorus. First time I heard it I was addicted! Perfect!
6) Must've Run all Day - 8.5/10
Similar style to Apes Dos Mil. I like the music in this song better though. Pretty intro guitars. Intro vocals are a bit piercing. "If it makes you." Otherwise a very pretty song. I know this and Apes Dos Mil are a lotta peoples favorites and thats cool, but this slow sorta music isn't really my scene.
7) Stuck Pig - 6/10
My least listened too song on this album. Pretty messy song. I don't dislike messy music, but this is definately the worst song on the album. The chorus is cool though when the whole band thumps together. I like his voice here.
8) Radio Cambodia - 10/10
Only fast song on the album. Thats why I thought El Mark should have been on this album too. I don't like punk that much but this song rocks! GlassJaw are great at fast/punk tunes. This is one of my favoritre songs on the record!
9) The Gillette Calvacade of Sports - 10/10
Amazing! Epic song. Genius, Great, Grand! I love this song! Best guitar I have heard in ages in this song! The chorus is awesome "This isn't where, This isn't where I found you." The middle section is real funny and very flashy! "That was a good one Bob," You gotta listen to this one all the way!
10)Trailor Park Jesus - 8/10
Not usually my style, but I really do like this song! I got a soft spot for the intro verse he sings! I don't know why? I guess it's just fun to sing along too. The chorus is a bit annoying though. So yeah!
11)Two Tabs of Mescaline - 10/10
Awesome end to and awesome album. Most people love this song after getting used to it! Intro guitars annoy me a bit. Otherwise a marvellous song! Check this one out! It has so much in it! Innovative vocals, Awesome arrangements! There is no band that sound or come close to this song! A Good song to check out first, if you've never heard GlassJaw! Listen to the whole song though. You gotta.
In the End of the day this album is probably the better of the two GlassJaw albums. But only marginally. There first one has some of the finer moments and is pure chaos and wildness. But this one is a slightly more mature album for GlassJaw.
I give Worship and Tribute - 99/100. (only cause I think its missing a song!)
I give Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Silence - 98/100.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply the best album ever., December 29, 2004
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
I've been a fan of glassJAw for years.
And I've literally watched their sound progress.
I've read a lot of customer reviews and a lot of them are bashing glassJAw saying "glassJAw isn't tough anymore."
I've listened to Worship and Tribute everyday since its release.
Now when I listen to EYETKAS, it isn't what glassJAw is today!
The music on W/T is simply amazing.
Every track on this album has it's own mood.
And it's an album I could listen to on repeat.

Worship and Tribute was 2002's greatest album.
I cannot wait to see what glassJAw pumps out next.

PS- Head Automatica is lead by Daryl Palumbo.
Go out and buy their Debut album "Decadance"

5.0 out of 5 stars Glassjaw explodes, October 24, 2002
This review is from: Worship & Tribute (Audio CD)
In a reasonably new genre where everyone sounds like the same handful of bands, Emo newcomers Glassjaw are a breath of fresh air. With the pop sensibility of early Thursday, or american football, and an agressive edge reminiscent of deftones "adrenaline", Glassjaw prove themselves on "Worship and Tribute". This album is the most beautiful and angry thing I've ever heard.
For fans of: Deftones, Blindside, Thursday

Worship & Tribute
Worship & Tribute by Glassjaw (Vinyl - 2014)