Customer Discussions > HELLYEAH forum

Worst. Cover. Ever.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 30, 2007 4:43:53 PM PDT
C. Wilson says:
Are you kidding me!? This cover looks like something from a Danzig video from 2006. Whoever made this album cover needs to go back to photoshop class, because the font is disgusting and completely contrasts with the photo and horrible fire background. I could design something better in 15 minutes. I hope this shoddy album cover doesn't represent the quality of the music. If it does, I'm staying far away.

p.s. buy the new Machine Head cd, it is absolutely amazing

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2007 8:15:41 AM PDT
Does CD art matter that much. I mean yes anybody could have done better, but that is what hellyeah is about. Party and rock and roll. Some of the best albums have the crappest covers.

p.s. machine head new cd sucks, way overated

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 3, 2007 2:09:16 PM PDT
C. Wilson says:
My point is that the album cover is bad, so I am hoping the music isn't bad. I heard their single on the radio yesterday, and it was good. It sounded kinda weird with the Mudvayne lead singer, but they are pretty good. I wish Vinnie Paul would have stood out more, though. I'm also surprised you don't like the new Machine Head cd. I think "The Blackening" and "Waking The Fallen" (A7X) are the two best metal cds to come out in the past couple of years.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 5, 2007 6:28:20 PM PDT
metgol says:
A7X is metal? When did that happen? Machine Head's album is some of the best music I've heard in a long time beside Nevermore.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 6, 2007 10:39:11 AM PDT
C. Wilson says:
haha, I guess you're right about A7X not being metal. I kinda lump them into that category but I can see where others would get offended by that comment. Oh, and I only like their second album. Their first and third albums are pretty bad.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2007 4:29:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 9, 2007 4:34:13 PM PDT
music fan says:
Does album art matter, not really the music does. BUT when the band themselves is on the cover looking this lame then yeah, it's worth discussing.
This is generic, wanna-be, southern metal/rock. This album is beyond weak. Chad Gray needs to quit pretending he's from the South (lose the cowboy hat, Please). The lyrics are a joke. HellYeah makes Godsmack look good.

And Vinnie Paul needs to quit riding his brother's corpse. Pantera shot up fifty points on the 'still-matters-o-meter' when Dimebag died and every lame Pantera spin off band has benefited as well. It's terrible what happened to the guy but, enough already.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2007 4:33:59 PM PDT
C. Wilson says:
So the album isn't very good? I'm kinda debating on whether or not to get it. Has anyone else heard it and what do you think about it?

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2007 1:09:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 10, 2007 1:10:42 PM PDT
M. Wilson says:
A7X was at most borderline metal, mostly just ripping off Guns'N'Roses. That strayed from that big time when they started hanging w/ Paul Wall, the white Houston rapper, and started wearing grills and platinum fangs. Sellouts and posers if you ever asked me. A7X aside as idiots, Hellyeah is an outlet for Vinnie to get back out there. Good for him. Keep the rock and metal alive!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2007 9:29:15 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 10, 2007 9:30:09 PM PDT
Well put; "Hellyeah" is every bit as predictably lame and talentless as you'd expect after viewing the cover.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 13, 2007 8:08:30 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 13, 2007 8:10:07 AM PDT
S. Duffin says:
Hellyeah recorded this album in a very short amount of time, and nobody who digs the band should really care what the cover looks like. The point is that Vinnie Paul made another album after the Dimebag tragedy. And you gotta love Chad Gray's voice. I wasn't expecting there to be any shredding or anything of that matter on this cd. But you gotta respect it for what it is, and drink some f*ckin whiskey while you listen to it.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 18, 2007 10:34:16 PM PDT
The Omar says:
Is it just me or do "METALHEADS" have nothing better to do than get pissed off about what is considered Metal? I hear a lot of comments towards A7X, have whatever opinions you want, but in essence, there are very few bands at all that can be justified as "METAL." Especially "METAL" in the sense of Black Sabbath. Seriously, if you like the music you lump it into whatever category you want. By the way, as for HELLYEAH, not as bad as I thought it might be. I'm not gonna praise them, but could have been worse.

In reply to an earlier post on May 9, 2007 1:15:37 PM PDT
J. berkowitz says:
as far as this cd goes i dont know b/c i didnt buy it. i was in fye today and saw it. I was a little curious. I put the headphones on and took them off right away. The cover is actually good the way it is, if everyone else thinks its just as lame. This way it will stop people from buying this trash.

In reply to an earlier post on May 21, 2007 9:35:42 PM PDT
paris says:
this is metal and metal isn't about looking like a model. it's about the music!

if you think THAT album artwork is bad you have yet to see a truly bad album cover.

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 15, 2007 9:33:09 AM PDT
hellyeah, well said.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  HELLYEAH forum
Participants:  11
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Mar 30, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 15, 2007

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
HELLYEAH
HELLYEAH by Hellyeah (Audio CD - 2007)
3.7 out of 5 stars   (74)