Customer Discussions > Decision Points forum

Worst president ever

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 1000 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 15, 2010 7:18:44 AM PDT
Historians have consistently voted Bush worst president ever with good reason. He was asleep at the switch and allowed 911 attacks to happen even after being briefed that bin Ladin wanted to fly airplanes into buildings. He ignored all the dire warning signs about levies in New Orleans and refused to spend money to repair them, even though National Geographic ran a cover story warning what would happen if a major hurricane hit New Orleans, so he allowed a major U.S. city to drown, killing our own citizens heartlessly.

He then launched a war based on lies; I have interviewed Scott Ritter, the UN Weapons Inspector who was outraged that his reports were not believed and worse, falsified because the Bush administration had its own agenda and wanted an excuse to justify invading Iraq. Ritter is a conservative Republican, by the way. Saddam never had weapons of mass destruction during the lead up to the Iraq War. Bush invaded a country that was not a direct threat to us, nor did Saddam have any times to al Qaeda.

As part of an oil industry family Bush let big oil and energy companies have its way. As a Californian I paid the price for the Enron gouging and price manipulations. He loaded up the Minerals Management Agency with foxes guarding the henhouse, a situation unfortunately Obama did not remedy in time, leading to the BP disaster in the Gulf.

His financial policies were a trainwreck. On his watch, our country ran up the worst deficit in US history and had the worst recession begin since the Great Depression of the 1930s. He gutted our environmental protection laws for clean air and water with deceptive Orwellian names. He condoned torture and shamed America before the world, also starting a preemptive war that made us look like aggressive imperialist bullies. There is nothing to be nostalgic about for this president's reign of shame.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:30:41 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2010 7:31:15 AM PDT
What a joke of Liberal talking points this is. You blame Bush for 9/11, the levies, etc.... Such a joke. Worst President ever....wake up, we are living with the Worst President ever, right now.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:33:25 AM PDT
Worst potus ever? That would be the commie-in-chief Obummer.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:33:37 AM PDT
braves1995 says:
Amazing! you capture all of the liberal talking points in a few paragraphs. Your post is so ignorant that it can't possibly be responded to in the length of space allowed. I suggest you go read about FDR (New Deal or Raw Deal by Folsom) or the new Woodrow Wilson biograph by Cooper if you want to see what 2 of the worst presidents in our history look like. Bush will be treated very kindly by history; Obama (I assume you support him) will be seen for what he is which will be one of the worst one term presidents in history.
Go back to your bubble of liberalism and leave the intellectual discourse for those of us who actually know what is going on in this country.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 7:35:13 AM PDT
B says:
People still love him for some reason. I guess news travels slow out in the boondocks.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 7:35:17 AM PDT
Rick says:
I can't say that much of what you've said is inaccurate, Miriam, but I think Obama, by being completely impotent in the face of crisis, is going to go down as much worse.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 7:35:40 AM PDT
Jason Byrd says:
Current President and Jimmy Carter are tied for first.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:38:03 AM PDT
"I have interviewed Scott Ritter, the UN Weapons Inspector..."
Was the interview conducted at a McDonald's and did you keep getting interrupted by all the preteen girls?

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 7:43:02 AM PDT
C. Buskuhl says:
George W. Bush had a way that made him unpopular with the public. Mostly the left. And it sprang from his West Texas culture in which the fewer words said, the better. Never complain, never explain. But having said that, and contrasting Bush with Carter and Obama, it becomes quite obvious decades had past since having a serial bungler like Carter and now Obama. Both these men (Carter and Obama) are described by elitists as intellectually superior to Bush. But Bush's handling of the war and the economy, the two biggest items of his presidency, show he managed better than his predecessor Carter, and certainly better than Obama. Although theories abound that Obama has crafted this explosion of spending, regulation, and government control as a means of shaking the economic base to its foundation. And in that regard he is succeeding.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:52:15 AM PDT
AxisBeefyBoy says:
Sigh, yet another elitist sounding off. But thank you, Joe Applicant, for reaffirming my theory: a major reason Bush Deragnement Syndrome (BDS) is so pervasive is that it allows people like you to feel better about themselves. Hating Bush placed you in the same ideological category as folks like George Clooney, Sean Penn, and the army of intellectual pedants that infest our institutions of higher learning. What you fail to understand (aside from reality) is that Penn, Clooney, and the Mexican-Lesbian Studies professor at Kent State still see you as just another member of the dirty, teeming masses, your political "convictions" be damned.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 7:53:34 AM PDT
Don says:
I was never prouder to be an American than when George W Bush was our President. I admire the man greatly.

The current president? Er...no.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:53:42 AM PDT
M. Rodriguez says:
I am extremely curious to see how historians will be voting the current president and his administration. Although Obama does not have a 911 attack to post on his list of duties during office, he has the gulf oil spill which has been noted as having a worse response than Katrina. The current recession and deficit is the longest and greatest this country has ever seen. Unemployment rates continue to be on average 10%. Businesses are going under in droves. If the concensus of the American population is any type of predecessor, I believe he will fare out worse than W and possibly, if at all possible, worse than Carter. Since you are a journalist, maybe you should post more non-biased rhetoric because as a mere lay-person, I can definitely see a tit for tat on this current president for every comment you made.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:53:59 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Feb 28, 2014 9:25:20 AM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 7:54:04 AM PDT
AxisBeefyBoy says:
I posted this in response to Joe Applicant, but I think it applies here as well:

Sigh, yet another elitist ("I have interviewed Scott Ritter, the UN Weapons Inspector" toot toot) sounding off. But thank you, Miriam, for reaffirming my theory: a major reason Bush Derangement Syndrome (BDS) is so pervasive is that it allows people like you to feel better about themselves. Hating Bush placed you in the same ideological category as folks like George Clooney, Sean Penn, and the army of intellectual pedants that infest our institutions of higher learning. What you fail to understand (aside from reality) is that Penn, Clooney, and the Mexican-Lesbian Studies professor at Kent State still see you as just another member of the dirty, teeming masses, your political "convictions" be damned.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 8:02:23 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2010 8:03:32 AM PDT
We are living through the worst President ever. His approval ratings are low, his inexperience is evident and his agenda contradicts that of the majority of the American people.

He force-fed us a health care bill that will cost us jobs, increase our deficit (even more) and lower the quality of health care in the US. And he did this against the will of the majority of the American people.

He has embarrassed our great country internationally and has shown absolutely no skill in leading our country.

On the plus side, he speaks well.

Obama makes Jimmy Carter look like the greatest president of this generation.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 8:08:24 AM PDT
G. Pauksta says:
Tied for first, but I think Nobama is trying his best to "out do" Carter.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 8:14:04 AM PDT
A. Roberts says:
Actually the worst president ever is the current Joker in charge Barack Jimmy Carter Obama.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 8:25:40 AM PDT
Bentos says:
No, that distinction goes to our current president.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 8:39:03 AM PDT
Let see the lefty progressives that rewrite history think the last president is the worst ever? hmm? Didn't hey say that about Regan too. The truth will show steady 5% unemployment, revitalizing the economy after 911, and keeping America going during the early part of multi decade depression that is unavoidable. Chasing the enemy into the mountains and out of potential new attacks.

cutting taxes and government spending as worked every time for 100 years, raising government spending and taxes has resulted in job loses and extended down periods - just like Roosevelt's failures. Lets see the lefties loved roosevelt that is right - forget that Europe was out of depression in 4 year we where in it for over a decade.

Worst president ever is obama, obama help caused the crash of oct 08 when he pulled away from McCain and made war on most of the business that employee people, energy, finance, health care, pharma, auto just to name a few. His lefty policies created massive job loses, uncertain climate for business 18 months later - o ya he blames bush for his problems still. Obama waits 2 months to respond to oil disaster he caused by making them drill in 5000 feet water when the state and company suggested 500 feet. His total disregard for contract law by stealing bond money from the auto companies and giving it too the unions has further reduced job growth. Obama is on his way to worst ever, but then again the lefties right the books don.t they so i guess we hear what genius he is.

Do you mis him yet? Bush! I do! What a great president, ever though we wasn't the sharpest tack in the box!

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 8:44:52 AM PDT
S. McNeill says:
Surely, we misunderstand you. Obama makes Jimmy Carter look brilliant. Heck, Obama makes Billy Carter and his beer endeavor, Billy Beer, look brilliant. The Admiral, who oversees the operations at the house, has probably already ordered Obama's moving boxes.

Bush made some hard decisions that actually gave us the feeling he actually cared about making this country better and loved it. Obama--what exactly has he ever said was positive about this place? Maybe he'll move to Kenya when it's said and done.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 8:51:37 AM PDT
I thought Jimmy Carter was the most ineffective president in my lifetime...however, at least he had some convictions and core values...

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 9:10:33 AM PDT
Amen brother

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 9:13:58 AM PDT
Mike McSosa says:
Actually, most who have studied history consider James Buchanan to be the worst President in the history of the United States. He wasn't willing or wasn't able to deal with the threat of secession that led directly to the Civil War. He is widely regarded as the worst amongst historians. Bush doesn't rank high, but not enough time has passed to see the results of his policies.

Posted on Jul 15, 2010 9:26:02 AM PDT
R. Penwell says:
Yes,obama is without a doubt THE WORST PRESIDENT EVER!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2010 9:27:59 AM PDT
Dave says:
No, Obama has clearly taken the top spot as Worst President Ever.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 41 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Decision Points forum
Participants:  156
Total posts:  1006
Initial post:  Jul 15, 2010
Latest post:  Jan 6, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 8 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Decision Points
Decision Points by George W. Bush (Hardcover - November 9, 2010)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (1,614)