Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Customer Discussions > Mass Effect - Xbox 360 forum

Worth going back to play?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 27, 2011 11:48:06 AM PDT
McCurve says:
I just recently bought a 360 and originally played ME2 when it came out on PS3 earlier this year. Is it worth going back to play? Or is it that different/worse of an game than ME2?

Posted on Jul 30, 2011 7:16:07 PM PDT
prs says:
Many things were improved in ME2 but the first one is also a great game that you should play if you like the second one.

Posted on Sep 10, 2011 1:17:35 AM PDT
Collector says:
It's worth playing ME1 to import your save to ME2. You'll be able to see changes in the story from your choices in ME1.

Posted on Oct 26, 2011 12:13:02 PM PDT
if you want a complete experience with all of YOUR variables plugged in, def get ME 1 and play it. story and gameplay are both worth it!

Posted on Jan 7, 2012 8:18:48 PM PST
Scott Sloan says:
i'm replaying the first one as well and wow it's still an amazing game. The immersion of the game is just amazing, and i have yet to see it successfully duplicated on this level.

Posted on Jan 31, 2012 4:21:17 PM PST
Absolutely. This is the first game in my life that I ever dove straight back into upon completion. When the credits started rolling, I felt a genuine wave of loss, as if I simply wasn't prepared to leave the world of Mass Effect. I literally began my second playthrough that night. I just started a New Game+ with my level-50 character and plowed through it. That finally sated my appetite, and I promptly started Mass Effect 2 with my imported level-60 character. :D

Honestly and truly, I rank the first Mass Effect among the greatest games I have ever played. I know I will be playing through it yet again one of these days! I think it's possibly the most satisfying gaming experience I've ever had. Though there were elements of it that saw great improvement in Mass Effect 2, the first is still nearest and dearest to my heart. It has much deeper RPG elements than ME2, surprisingly. I recommend it wholeheartedly.

Posted on Feb 15, 2012 10:58:58 AM PST
I can play the whole game again and again. I'm playing the game for the fourth time as female Shepard.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 4:02:23 AM PDT
I got Mass Effect 3 on release day, started playing it, and decided to stop and go ALL the way back to Mass Effect 1. Even though I already played and beat both ME1 & ME2, it just didn't feel right without at least one more play through before facing the Reapers.

After all is said and done, I'll probably go through again (all three games) and see how things change with different decisions.

Posted on Mar 16, 2012 12:28:12 PM PDT
J. Theisen says:
Yes, but avoid buying it here until amazon gets it in. You can find it at most sears stores at the moment for $12.97 or so on clearance. Is the platinum hits one, not sure if it is all sears, but google shopping pulls up almost every sears store near me.

Posted on Mar 31, 2012 3:08:04 PM PDT
A definite yes to replay if you haven't already. As others have posted already you can change certain story elements by importing your character from ME1 to ME2 and to just get that full Mass Effect exeperience.

Posted on Apr 4, 2012 6:35:32 AM PDT
I pre-ordered Mass Effect 3 not having played the other games so I went ahead and got this as well as Mass Effect 2. Recently finished Mass Effect and Have to say. I'm very impressed. I haven't been drawn into a game's story so much since Halo 2. I'm primarily a FPS guy but Mass Effect was a breath of fresh air. I think that if you need a reason to buy an Xbox 360 Mass Effect is definitely a strong reason. Sure you can get 2 or 3 on PS3 buy if you didn't play the original you're really missing out.

Posted on Apr 12, 2012 4:48:57 PM PDT
I've tried so many times to beat ME1 but I always lose interest and never finish.The game doesn't draw me in and I don't know why.I have all 3 ME games but I want to play them in order but never finish part1.ME2 is the game I wanted to play I should just play that.I'm not saying ME1 is a bad game I just don't like it but because of it's popularity I would recommend it.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  12
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Jul 27, 2011
Latest post:  Apr 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mass Effect - Xbox 360
Mass Effect - Xbox 360 by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.5 out of 5 stars (755)