Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 41 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 14, 2012 8:14:42 PM PDT
Andrew says:
Looks good, but will it be worth the $400 it costs?

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 12:01:44 AM PDT
I think so. It costs the same as all of the other limited consoles and I think it's the best looking one yet.

Hadn't seriously considered upgrading my old clunky original Xbox 360 through all of the limited consoles to come out until i saw this one, and I placed a preorder for it tonight.

Wish it came with the limited edition of the game instead of the regular edition, though. For the price tag, I think the people buying this deserve the LE.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 2:52:35 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 15, 2012 2:58:44 AM PDT
I would say Yes! I got a similar, Halo: Reach Limited Edition, when it came out in 2010. What's nice is you get a large hard drive, the game, and two controllers (friends can play) - so you end up saving a bit of money over buying it all separately (even more as this model includes the Wifi N.)

Plus you get the largest at 320gb hard drive. It's a really nice thing to have, as you can load games on it so they run faster - less ware on your DVD, have more games from arcade and indy that you download, movies/videos, demos (Xbox is very generous with demos), have more Dance Central/Music extras on there, and still have room to store a nice CD collection on your Xbox.

Just add Kinect, it includes the special Kinect Port, and you are all set.

Note: My Halo: Reach Controllers are holding up well. Just the tiniest bit of ware on the bottom on the contact points when you put it on a table, but the design still looks great.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 7:38:30 AM PDT
Andrew says:
Really? See, I was holding off on the reach one because I wasn't sure if it would be worth it and decided to just get the 4gb Xbox and reach separately, but you say it is still holding up an has that much storage space? Hmmmm... I guess I should reserve this, I mean I am not a huge Xbox fan, but I absolutely adore halo(my dream since I was 12 was to be able to be an odst haha) and bought every game except halo wars and read 4 or 5 of the books(I love made up sci-fi history). I just really don't think much of kinect but seeing as it does not include one and seeing as it includes a 320gb HDD, I guess I should get this to install all my halo games on it so it loads faster, plus I can play firefight mode online then. Thanks for telling me about your reach bundle, I was always skeptical about these "value" bundles but if yours has helped that much and has held up this nicely for 2 years then I guess I will give this one a try.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 8:55:06 AM PDT
Bazajaytee says:
This will be my 8th Xbox 360 (3 Xbox Premiums (2 replacements), 2 Xbox Elites (1 replacement), 2 Xbox 360 Slim's (One European and one North American) and now this one.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 11:02:02 AM PDT
K. Shive says:
Are you saying the previous seven broke and now this will be the eighth you buy? Or the seven 360's work and this will be added to the collection?

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 11:25:24 AM PDT
Wow, you are a Halo fan! Hmmm, you could just buy the Xbox 320gb hard drive and pop that into your 4G console - and buy the fancy Halo 4 Delux/ collectors edition, and get a separate Halo 4 controller, unless you just really must have that new console.

Also, be sure to check out the 'Halo Legends' collection. 6 mini episode about Halo.

Kinect is actually really cool, more than just 'waving arms' as the voice search through Bing is sooo helpful, and there some fun games, and zany Argument Reality games. Check out 'Kinect Fun Labs - I'm Super' at a friends house. It makes you into a super hero - with Fire, Ice, Electricity or Radiation powers - more of an experience than a real game, but fun none the less.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 1:32:53 PM PDT
N7 says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 7:11:27 PM PDT
Well, if it's worth it really depends. Since you say in your second post that you already have one of the new slim 4 GB 360s, unless you're having problems with it, I'd say just go with a stand-alone 320 GB hard drive and then pre-order the game by itself. Most of the rumors I've been seeing on the gaming sites I go to seem to suggest that we're likely going to be seeing the next generation Xbox next year. To me, that doesn't seem worth getting a new 360 console for when you already have one of the new slim models. But, that's just my opinion.

Posted on Jul 15, 2012 9:56:34 PM PDT
is it me, or are the controllers in pictured, the ones with the updated D-pad to them? which means that this bundle packs a hell of a deal since those updated controllers are expensive as it is

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 15, 2012 11:21:43 PM PDT
K. Shive says:
Yes. These are the updates controllers with the new D-pads and better joy sticks. They do make this bundle well worth it since those two controllers are easily worth $110 alone, plus the $60.00 game.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 8:18:56 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 16, 2012 8:19:26 AM PDT
JHOMEN says:
I'll just wait for my Target to discount these just like all the "limited edition", "collectors editions" prior.

Not a shot against anyone but these things always far exceed the demand. I can find the GoW3, CoD:MW and Star Wars editions for $349 or lesser at a variety of retailers today.

I get this is Halo and people are rabid when it comes to it but people are rabid about those other games too... and those consoles are still available.

Posted on Jul 16, 2012 11:23:05 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 19, 2012 12:54:59 PM PDT
Matt C says:
Of course it is worth it. 320gb Xbox 360 with custom painting would be priced at about $300. Each Halo 4 controller is $60 x 2 = $120. Plus the $60 game and a $20 headset. This totals up to be about $480- $500. Also, I'm guessing that there will be some other promotions that come with this that will be mentioned later on. I am defintitly buying this.

Posted on Jul 18, 2012 12:52:01 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 18, 2012 12:56:30 PM PDT
For those holding out for next-gen...it might be a good idea to wait a few months till they iron out the kinks. Don't forget how much trouble the 360 was at first. I bought the Xbox 360 at launch, it's red-ringed three times and my out-of-warrany replacement keeps overheating. If I had the money the Halo 4 console bundle would be an easy buy for me; Matt C is right on the money.

Also, some troubling rumors about next-gen Xbox: you'll always have to be online, it'll be digital-only (meaning you won't be able to play your old games on it), and you'll have to register games to one account to play it (so if my bro buys a game, they want me to buy a second copy like $60 is chump change? **** that!). I won't buy if just one of those rumors is true.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 3:25:28 PM PDT
Mike says:
Also a $20 headset for Xbox Live is included

Posted on Jul 21, 2012 7:29:23 PM PDT
Very true, Spangler. I remember when I got my first 360, it was the new Elite model. It red-ringed about 9 months later. The replacement Microsoft sent me? Red-ringed about 9 months later. The next replacement they sent me actually survived. So I know I have no plans on picking up the next generation Xbox when it first releases. Honestly, I think I'll wait till Halo 5 is going to come out and then pre-order the limited edition Halo 5 console they're sure to have.

Posted on Jul 22, 2012 8:09:35 PM PDT
when i purchased my gears of war xbox on here i got a free $40 credit on here im hopeing they will do the same. then id get it but ill wait till they add that on.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 6:05:35 PM PDT
Joseph Rakar says:
my origional xbox i had for about 4 years never red ringed never had any problems. sold to a friend for 80 bucks and this will be my new xbox from the long year of going without xbox. selling the first one was a good idea anyway helped pay for the vacation

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 13, 2012 6:11:27 PM PDT
Joseph Rakar says:
weapon and armour skins as well as avatar stuff. easily worth 20$
i think there is also specific armour that you can download for the game with this console as well

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 15, 2012 7:17:12 AM PDT
Hear, hear! I've still got the Xbox I bought on launch night. I got a slim, though, so that I could retire the original to my sort-of console musem, but I'm selling the slim to a friend in a couple weeks and going ~3 months without an Xbox so I can get this Halo 4 edition. WORTH IT.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 6:27:32 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
Lucky you! My launch console lasted nearly three years. The Elite I then bought only lasted about a year and now I've had the MW2 console for nearly three years. Anyway, the harddrive is full of stuff I don't want to deleted so I'm moving on to console #4, one of the slims.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 9:50:17 AM PDT
Joseph Rakar says:
personally i think your console lasts as long as the gamer wants it to last. if the gamer takes great care of it and dusts it out every so often, it will last years

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 10:16:17 AM PDT
K. Shive says:
Exactly, People just don't take care of their things. I still have my launch day 20GB premium, never had a problem with it. People think they can run a machine into the ground and nothing will happen to it, then blame the company. It's just like any other machine. It needs to be cleaned and taken care of.

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 11:40:11 AM PDT
M. Flemming says:
I was happy my launch console lasted as long as it did. Taking care of the consoles is a must. They're expensive enough!

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 11:54:48 AM PDT
Joseph Rakar says:
i cant wait to get back into gaming and take part again in the good people that respect their consoles. not those snotty kids who dont have to pay for it themselves
‹ Previous 1 2 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  25
Total posts:  41
Initial post:  Jul 14, 2012
Latest post:  Nov 3, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 7 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle
Xbox 360 Limited Edition Halo 4 Bundle by Microsoft (Xbox 360)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (328)