Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Segway miniPro
asked by J. Brooks on August 7, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
A
Yes. The Bluetooth remote is much faster and does not require line of sight. I think the picture is higher quality because of the much improved and more modern processor. You may want to try one in the location it is used the most. Some people have complained about the wireless. I use the ethernet connection and that works well.
Richard A. Nathan answered on August 8, 2011
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Roku hasn't blocked anything. They have acknowledged issues which are preventing some streaming channels from working correctly and are seeking fixes. TV.com was a private channel that was taken down at the request of CBS
Amazon Customer answered on August 13, 2011
Comment (1) | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
IdolFan answered on September 2, 2011
Comment | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm actually returning the 2 and buying the 1 again. The 2 does not support PlayOn and they blocked several private channel, legal, that allow you to watch live TV or CBS. I had some unexpected reboots while watching Hulu, never had that issue with original Roku
Jose answered on August 13, 2011
Comment | 9 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Keith R. Douglas answered on July 6, 2012
Comment | 8 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The picture quality on Netflix is lower with Roku2 than with the original Roku. I have a 720p TV, so I got the Roku2 basic. Terrible picture. Since my original Roku was XD, I figured that had something to do with it, so I returned my Roku2 and upgraded to a Roku2 HD. Picture quality is still poor compared to the Roku XD.
adiabatic answered on June 16, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
For a nice 1080P picture and casual gaming. Generally no unless you want those features.
Mr.FoggyBottom answered on August 25, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
absolutely more memory better reliability better remote lots more channels better picture quality, lots of reasons

http://streamingtvguide.blogspot.com/
Derek Lowe answered on October 10, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
What another benefit from what I understand of having the LT versions and up is having Subtitles whenever available from the play menu. I have the XD and am considering the change myself.
Marks4IDMedic answered on June 17, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I returned my ROKU 2 and kept the older Roku HD. When I called tech support about use with PlayOn I was told there was a "firmware issue" with Roku 2.... If you pay for Netflix and Hulu Plus, I don't think you'll have a problem with either Roku original or Roku 2, but if you use Playon, the older one is better.
philcat answered on December 1, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product