Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 7, 2010 1:59:42 PM PDT
D. Thomas says:
I have the original DVD Anthology set from a couple years ago when it was first released. I've been considering upgrading to the blu ray edition and possibly sell my other set on ebay or something.

I just want to get people's opinions here. Is there enough in this set to warrant upgrading?

For instance, does the HD quality vastly surpass the up-scaling capability of my PS3 and are there any additional special features or bonuses that were not included in the original set?

Thanks to everyone who responds.

Posted on Oct 15, 2010 8:57:12 PM PDT
Me! says:
To be honest, I would say no at its current price (unless the price drops to about 45-50, but at 70, hell no). The HD is good on Batman, AWESOME on Batman Returns, and then good on Batman Forever and Batman & Robin. What might work out best for you is renting them first and seeing if you notice much of a difference. I watched Batman at home on a 40 inch screen and I would say the difference is marginal. But a few weeks later I had the chance to watch it on a 140 inch projection and noticed a LOT more detail (especially in the Cathederal at the end, you can see the puppets hanging off the side CLEARLY which was awesome). But if you aren't watching it on a screen that size, the upgrade isn't really worthwhile. However, as I said earlier: Batman Returns was fn sweet. Check THAT out. Just for whatever reason the first film and the later sequels seem softer in picture quality. Hope this helps, but give them a rent first is my advice.

Posted on Oct 25, 2010 10:23:15 AM PDT
Me! says:
I don't know if you are still interested, but here is a limited time deal from the WBshop where you can pick up each film for about 8 bucks each! THAT is well worth the upgrade!

http://www.wbshop.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-WB-Site/default/Search-Show?cgid=BLURAY750&promo=fluid599

Posted on Mar 29, 2014 5:06:00 PM PDT
Bill of Ill says:
Right now at Walmart they got all 4 movies in a blu ray set for 12.98.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  4
Initial post:  Oct 7, 2010
Latest post:  Mar 29, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Batman Legacy (Four Film Giftset) [VHS]
The Batman Legacy (Four Film Giftset) [VHS] by Michael Keaton (VHS Tape - 2001)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (436)