4.0 out of 5 stars Solution to Broken Fastener
I just got this strap in the mail and from what I can see it looks to be a very promising strap. The tripod mount leaves room for the battery door top open and had a slit for your wrist straps as well. Prior to buying this strap I saw a lot of complaints about the fastener.

Published on September 12, 2012 by Anthony P. Tran

1.0 out of 5 stars Fastener Broke
Like others, purchased this item as a quick option vs Rapid R Strap. I actually had one previously but lost it.

Published on April 19, 2012 by Z. Au

1.0 out of 5 stars Fastener Broke, April 19, 2012
This review is from: WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras (Camera)

I tried this out based on reviews and because I needed it shipped quickly for a trip out to Forillon State Park - Quebec, Canada. First impression was great, good quality strap .. everything fit well and seemed to be made strong. But unfortunately, that was not the case

On the coast line, I heard a snap and I watched my Canon 5d + 14mm Super Wide EF L lenses fly off. Luckily for me, its as sunrise so tide was low and it fell on beach sand/gravel/seaweed. In fact, I watched my camera bounce off of the sea weed like a pillow. THANK YOU LORD. It saved over 6k of equipment. Now of course, in hind site .. this is a low priced strapped and I am completely crazy for using it on such high value equipment. But Passover shut down BH Photo / Adorama and I needed this strap ASAP. When you are climbing rocks / and hanging off cliffs... you don't want a camera swinging off your neck

The fastener came off . It almost looks like it split in half from the knob and the part that gets screw on to your camera. When I picked up the camera, the screw was still in.. but the mount and fastener were still hanging on my strap. I'll upload some pics so you can see .

Being said, I do give Easy foto 5 star + so far for their quick response and willingness to exchange after return / exchange period . But now my biggest dilemma is, Would I even use this strap again and risk such expensive equipment. I am just lucky my camera didn't take a bath into the salty sea or worse, down the side of the mountain.

I am waiting to see if Easy Foto can refund, I don't feel comfortable moving fwd considering this strap broke on me on first day. P.S. So you don't think I was doing anything crazy, I was walking on along the coastline. Camera was on my right hip, and I had my tripod in my left hand. And the camera snapped off. I was not doing anything that I feel would remotely cause the camera to come off. No reaching or swaying. And I kept the camera flat (lcd up ) so that its minimal movement. Ive had no problem with my rapid strap before and always held my units this way.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major fail. My 7D hit the ground., May 29, 2012
Up until yesterday, I thought this was a great find. Then while waiting in line, my 7D with my Canon 70-200 f2.8 IS attached detached from the bracket and hit the ground. Evidently, the hook that holds the camera is made of cheap pot metal and the tip simply broke off. What a stupid design decision - why not spend an extra 50 cents and put a high quality hook on the end.

Ergonomically, I love the design and will find a better quality version, as for this one, do yourself a favor and look elsewhere.

4.0 out of 5 stars Solution to Broken Fastener, September 12, 2012

SOLUTION: I put a simple key ring into the fastener and then looped that around the square metal piece that the main strap slide inside. (Sorry, I don't know what it's called). This way, if the fastener ever did break on me, at least the key ring will save it from falling. I will post a photo on flickr with the exact tags, "quick strap fastener ring" for those who would like a visual representation.

Conclusion: Just pop on the key ring to the fastener and you've got yourself a blackrapid at ~1/3 of the cost. Cheers :)

UPDATE (1 Year Later): I have been taking my camera out with this strap at least once a week since I bought it and nothing has gone wrong with it at all! The padding on the shoulder has become softer due to consistent use and feels more comfortable than it already was.

So, this strap + the DIY key ring solution saved me about $45 from the BlackRapid RS-4! I recommended it before and there's no other should strap on the market that still beats this in terms of value!

1.0 out of 5 stars Have to second Z Au, May 9, 2012
K. Ballweg (Tillamook, Or) - See all my reviews
Had a similar experience, to Z. Au's, of having the threaded screw that attached it to the camera mount point pop out of the knurled tightening knob. I was holding the camera when the parts separated, so not as scary as the prior reviewer, but does show this is a weak point.

I was trying to mount a quick release plate and the strap fastener, (one of the features that appealed to me about this strap) and was turning it to tighten, trying to get the quick release plate to square up, and pop. The screw pin that connects the strap to the camera appears to be swedged into place (pressure expanded) and there isn't enough "meat" or enough strength in the metal used to keep it from being pulled out of the mounting hole.

1.0 out of 5 stars Piece of crap, November 30, 2012
I bought this camera strap just over 2 months ago and today the metal clip snapped, sending my camera flying and landing on a $600 lens. Spend a little more and save you expensive camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good as Rapid but 1/3 of the price., October 7, 2011
I've used a friends camera with the Rapid 7 and loved it, but at $60-70 with the Joey and the clips I wanted to look for cheaper alternatives. I took a chance on the Quick strap and it's every bit as good. It comes with a small (2x4 inch) pouch and the connection plate is really nice. I carry a 60D with a 70-200 L series and I feel comfortable with this strap. Now Im gonna have to look into the quick double strap.

Update: Ive seen alot of other reviews for the quick strap concerning the snap. The must have updated it before sending it to me, the one I have is heavy duty with a screw down lock mechanism.

1.0 out of 5 stars The clip broke!, May 17, 2012
I have owned this for about a month now.

Initially, I thought this was an ok buy. How can they possibly mess this up? Nylon strap, ok, padding, ok... Clip metal.

That metal clip is a deal breaker, it's some cheesy sintered metal, or pot metal. I broke the little "tooth" off that incidentally is all that holds it together. I put a much better clip from the hardware store on it and drilled out the mounting hole... But I haven't used it given a total lack of confidence. I'm gonna hang a brick on it and leave it for awhile.

Bottom line, don't waste the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars As good or better then its competitors, March 2, 2012
Lee B. (Marietta, GA United States) - See all my reviews
I'll be the first to tell you I was skeptical about this strap. After using it for several weeks now, I'm a believer, enough to come write a review even!

My favorite part of this strap has to be the mono/tripod mounting thread on the bottom. Meaning I can be out for a walk with the camera down by my side, lens facing backward, hand on the grip (for security, and quick response), and using my monopod as a walking stick, then when I see something interesting to take a photo of, I can quickly screw on my monopod ( assuming I feel its needed) without the need to remove the strap take the shot(s) and then quickly return to pre-shoot mode.

Pros:
Mounting thread availabile without removing the strap
Adjustable length stap with an adjustable stop.
A pocket on the cushioned shoulder strap. Although I'm still not sure what to use it for.
Securely clamps strap to mounting plate
Keeps camera in correct position to be ready to shoot at a moments notice.

Cons:
When I use it with my battery grip the plate is a bit too big and tends to get in the way

4.0 out of 5 stars Decent, Could be better, December 25, 2011
I like this camera strap. The padding is nice and I love the additional pockets in the padded portion. The clip attaches and detaches easily. My only criticism would be that the strap comes with one "stop" clip. I like to wear mine rather low and in order to wear camera low, there is a large range from the "stop" clip to the adjustment strap clip so the strap will tend to move around a lot. The clip attachment would be able to stay in place better if there were 2 stop clips. So you might need to get another, or just make one. Other than that, its a good quality product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Dropped my $1500 rig with this crap $10 strap. Maybe some hardware mods will make it better?, November 3, 2012
Remedy (New York, NY) - See all my reviews
Would you entrust hundreds or THOUSANDS of dollars to this inexpensive strap? I did, and now I'm sorry. The fastener or swivel carbiner will come loose from your camera, then down your gear will go.

To be fair, the shoulder pad itself is pretty comfortable and has a zippered slot to put something small like a spare battery or memory card. the nylon webbing hasn't given me problems this past month and appears to hold up to wear and tear. If your camera isn't very heavy then you'll have to adjust that shoulder piece because it'll eventually slip back or forward. Connect a body with heavy glass on the strap and the shoulder pad stays put.

The big problem is the fastener and carabiner.

The fastener is cheaply made and is difficult to tightly secure to the tripod mount of your camera. If you choose ignore these ratings and buy this strap, at LEAST replace the fastener with the EzFoto Stainless Steel Screw for Quick Release Neck Strap, R-Strap or BlackRapid RFH-3SB Fastenr (FR-3) (Black) (I bought the FR-3). The fastener that comes with this strap will spell doom for your expensive camera when it comes loose. Not if - WHEN. The "L" shape of the metal bracket where the fastener screws through and where the carbiner attaches to is a perfect shape to loosen the fastener over time. This means you have to watch the camera as you move about and worry whether that fastener is coming undone. Add $7-$14 to the cost.

The carbiner is made of cheap metal and will slip from its swivel mount, as many reviews have stated. You can attach a small keyring as a safety precaution just in case the swivel carabiner breaks apart, or you can buy a screwgate carabiner to replace it. Climbers trust their lives with certain carabiners, you can google to find which ones you can trust with your camera. Add $6-$15 to the cost.

So you still need to add extra hardware to get a little more piece of mind, but what's next? performing stitching mods to the shoulder pads? Reinforcing the plastic buckles with metal ones? Always making sure there's a pillow underneath your rig? Maybe it's better to stay away from this strap and just get another one.