4.0 out of 5 stars Solution to Broken Fastener
I just got this strap in the mail and from what I can see it looks to be a very promising strap. The tripod mount leaves room for the battery door top open and had a slit for your wrist straps as well. Prior to buying this strap I saw a lot of complaints about the fastener.

SOLUTION: I put a simple key ring into the fastener and then looped that around the...
Published on September 12, 2012 by Anthony P. Tran

1.0 out of 5 stars Fastener Broke
Like others, purchased this item as a quick option vs Rapid R Strap. I actually had one previously but lost it.

I tried this out based on reviews and because I needed it shipped quickly for a trip out to Forillon State Park - Quebec, Canada. First impression was great, good quality strap .. everything fit well and seemed to be made strong. But unfortunately,...
Published on April 19, 2012 by Z. Au

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT for certain women. Not for a dslr, June 1, 2012
This review is from: WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap for Canon Nikon Sony Cameras (Camera)
Although I was very excited to receive this strap, once I tried to actually 'Use it' I was extremely disappointed.
#1: IF you are a 5 feet tall (or under) and weigh 102 lbs; do NOT buy this. No matter what I did to try and make this very bulky, stiff strap "fit me", nothing worked. The camera (a t3i),once attached to the ridiculous screw that is part of this cheap plastic rectangular disk/plate that is 'Supposed' to actually carry the weight of the camera, not only did it pull the bulky stiff strap over my chest way down, making it change position from my shoulder to almost down to my stomach; the ONLY position it hung was down BELOW my hip. SO uncomfortable. The friction of the rough material hurts your skin terribly.
#2: The tripod connection plate with the screw attached is the cheapest lightweight material. I don't know WHAT this company was thinking when designing this useless strap. No wonder people that reviewed this had such unfortunate experiences when their camera went crashing to the ground. HOW is a flimsy PLASTIC connection plate fitted with a very poor quality screw supposed to keep a dslr secure? You would think they would have put a strong real metal screw instead of the lightweight one they included. This might work for a very light 'point and shoot' camera.
#3: I had a difficult time trying to get this to fit me when I first received it so I went to YouTube and did a search on how to use this. The very first video I saw was a guy that said when he first connected his camera to the tripod connection plate, the plastic broke immediately. What I found AMAZING is this guy decided to 'fix it" by reconnecting it with velcro that 'Secured the dslr' to the camera directly but still kept the plate on AND continues to use it.(??!!!)Why the company that makes this would use such a poor quality plate/screw to secure an expensive camera is beyond my comprehension. As a result, I would NEVER, EVER use this. It is a disaster waiting to happen.
The description of this item states: *High quality made*.NOT! *Strong, secure and heavy duty*.NOT!(maybe the actual strap is heavy duty but too thick and stiff for me) *There is a tripod connection plate that accepts 1/4'' standart screw* NOT! *Confortable to use*.(their spelling, not mine)This was NOT my experience. Bottom Line: Buyer beware. (especially short women)
The ONLY good thing I can say is the Seller EasyFoto delivered this to me in less than a week. I did not return this because I spent way too much time trying desperately to make this work for me. But, this type of strap is not something I would EVER use to secure my camera after standing up and letting go of the camera in my hand. Maybe if you hold on to the camera every second before 'sliding it up' to shoot, that might work for some. But again, not for me.

1.0 out of 5 stars Horrible sling.... Hook failed to buckle and down goes my 5D Mark III, November 22, 2012
I purchased this sling and used it for a month or two and felt it was ok, but the hook that connects to the camera is absolutely a piece of crap. The screw lock that is supposed to keep the hook from opening and closing is so short that you have less than 1mm for the hook to be completely secure. With that said... I was on a shoot and the camera just fell right off and now I have a very expensive repair on my Canon 5D Mark III. I guess you get what you pay for.. I highly do not recommend this if you want to protect your Camera.

1.0 out of 5 stars Defective hardware, but strap is excellent, October 17, 2012
Simply put, hardware is crap, but the strap and material seems excellent.

The product just does not fit my cameras (Nikon D5100 and D800e; canon S100 and SD990is; battery grip for the Nikon D5100 and the D800e).
The tripod bolt is just all wrong. It's way too long so it bottoms out on every device I tried and the threads don't go all the way down the shaft.
I cannot use the product thus a 1 star (possible I got a lemon).

The strap, on the other hand looks to be of high quality, but if I can't attach it to my camera, the product is no use to me. I tried contacting the vendor, but since it's a amazon fulfilled item, I can only contact amazon and my options are to keep it or return it. I want the vendor to just send me a new knob with the tripod bolt.

I did get both the double and single camera shoulder strap. The double camera shoulder strap has hardware for two cameras and they have the right sized bolts for both plates.

Please see product gallery images 14-20, inclusive. I've uploaded enough pictures to illustrate my point.

I must admit that I may have gotten a lemon so I will try to order another one. If the replacement (I'm going to have to rebuy this product after I return it) works, I'll update my rating.
Gary

5.0 out of 5 stars Worked great for a trip to NYC, July 9, 2012
M. Newman (Houston, Texas USA) - See all my reviews
Purchased this strap after ready many of the reviews. Knowing that some had negative experiences, I was prepared for the D-ring to break or have other problems. I actually paried this strap with the "EzFoto Stainless Steel Screw for Quick Release Neck Strap". This little screw-in piece replaces the larger plate that comes with the strap itself. The plate allows for a tripod connection and the screw-in piece does not, but I was OK with that, and wanted to save weight.

The strap worked great while on a weekend trip to NYC. The camera stayed securely at my hip, without the long lens sticking out. When I wanted to take a picture, I just slid the camera up the strap and BOOM, instant photo. Note that the strap will not make your pictures turn out any better ;-) . My only complaint is that with the lens pointing down, some lenses will extend or zoom out just because of gravity. This is especially true with longer zoom lenses like Nikon's 20-200 model. In my case it wasn't an issue, but I see how it could potentially affect someone.

I would recommend this type of strap for someone looking to travel with a full size DSLR camera. But would also recommend looking at a simpler, lighter, screw-in mount as I mentioned above.

3.0 out of 5 stars It does the job..., April 6, 2012
I bought this strap for use on my Pop's T3i and was a little disappointed with it. No deal breakers, but they are gripes none the less.

The first thing I noticed was how clunky the fastener was, I understand the need for it to be beefy to provide better fitment but I personally think it's not made very well. The edges have been deburred but still have some rough spots, it isn't noticeable because it's covered up by the paint.

Depending on how you put away your camera in a bag and the type of bag, will have a lot to do with my next gripe, I put mine away with the lens pointing up and the info screen facing down the bottom of the bag, I now have to remove the strap from the fastener for it to fit properly in my bag. The carabiner is larger than the R-straps, therefore the odds of you scraping it on your camera is higher as well.

I'm not impressed with the mounting wheel for the same reasons above, it wont fit in my bag if i have a tripod mount screwed into it and when i do try to remove the tripod mount from the fastener, it actually ends up removing the fastener from the camera, this becomes a nuisance because the fastener is slightly larger than the mounting wheel and the tripod mount is larger than both of them leaving you with nothing to hold on to when trying to seperate the tripod mount from the mounting wheel.

Maybe it's just me but the strap itself seems to be made of cheap material, it doesn't seem to smooth out, leaving the sliding motion of the camera from hip to eye seem a little bumpy.

That being said, I still give it three stars because it does the job, I just dont put the tripod mount on and I dont keep it in my camera bag. By the way, did i mention it's almost 25 bucks cheaper than the R-strap? Enough said.

1.0 out of 5 stars Cheap material, July 16, 2012
Cheap material and feels flimsy. I will not even risk using it. With the risk of damaging thousands of dollars of equipment, just splurge on a high quality strap.

1.0 out of 5 stars 4 month of this WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap, March 23, 2014
After 4 month of this WorthTrust Quick Neck Shoulder Strap. The hook broke and my camera drop and my flash broken now! Just went to Canon it will cost me to fix my Canon 600EX-RT Speedlite Flash $200.00

1.0 out of 5 stars BEWARE - the fastener section snapped and it dropped my camera and lens to the HARD concrete, April 14, 2014
I was looking for a DEAL on shoulder strap, and saw this.

My first impression on the strap that this is good. I first used it on my canon t1i and 17-55mm 2.8 lens. It then became my strap of choice for my full-frame Canon and 70-200mm 2.8, as it is light weight and COMFORTABLE.

The description indicated that it is HEAVY DUTY, so I trusted that it can handle the heavier DSLR and LEN.

On the 5th month of use, I was walking around the football field to get a better angle of my kids game, when the I suddenly felt a lightening (weight lifted off) from my shoulder and felt the strap slipped away. With the moment realization that my camera headed lens first to the ground with a THUD. Upon investigation, I saw that the fastener section had SNAPPED, that caused my camera and lens to drop on the floor.

BEWARE - read the other reviews before purchase

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, Just took a precautionary of adding the key ring for security., May 17, 2013
So I wanted a little nicer strap then the factory.

I didn't want to spend 60 or 70 bucks on another brand, I saw that some people were having issues where the connector was snapping. So to take precaution I added a key ring to strengthen it.

Very pleased!
Mike

3.0 out of 5 stars solid economy camera strap., May 8, 2013
arrived promptly and as described. strap long enough for tall or large persons. based on other reviews, I replaced the swivel clip with a solid steel non-swivel carbiner & D ring. shoulder padding could be a little longer.
hard to beat for the price, even with the addition of the steel carbiner & d-ring.

‹ Previous | 1 2 340 | Next ›