Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Ruby jewelry Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on August 27, 2007
I had not had these in years, until I ordered a case. I dip then in flour and pan fry in oil. Just like I remembered. I really enjoy them. It may be a bit of an acquired taste. You can not expect them to taste anything like steak, or you will be sorely disappointed. I am so glad Amazon is carrying these items. You can't beat the price, and the free shipping is great.
on December 21, 2006
I like the texture of these. They are better when cooked stove-top with some seasoning (it is soy afterall) than tossed into a microwave but in a pinch, I do that also. These are a great source of protein for strict vegetarians and those who want to eat more healthy.
on August 1, 2007
These are wheat gluten steaks, pretty good with onions and gravy, or great sliced into strips and used in stir-fry.
on July 1, 2010
My meat eating friends love the Veg. Steaks. I fry them; coat them with bbq sauce then broil them until they reach a crisp! They are great hot out of the oven or cold the next day.
VINE VOICEon January 16, 2009
I do have to agree that the texture of these "steaks" is somewhat rubbery, and that's why I gave them 4 stars instead of 5. But that firmness is what makes them so wonderful for vegetarian Greek gyros. I slice the steaks thin, marinate them overnight, briefly warm them in a frying pan, and serve them in a pita with hommus and tzatziki sauce. (I make everything vegan, including the tzatziki sauce.) The "steaks" hold up wonderfully, and come as close to Greek gyros as I have ever had. I also use them a lot in stews, where I find that slow cooking softens the "steaks" considerably. As are all the other Worthington and Loma Linda products, the steaks are versatile and can be used in many dishes. UPDATE: 11/08/10. I am wondering why the price on these and all Worthington/Loma Linda products has increased greatly. Anyone have a clue?
on July 26, 2011
My husband is Vegetarian, he loves these Vegetable Steaks. They cook up great whether we put them on the grill, in the microwave, oven or on the stove. He loves them best in BBQ Sauce on the grill.

Worth buying.. just wish they were more readily available in stores still.
on August 28, 2008
What could be better than someone dropping off your groceries? Dropping off months of them at a great price!

I was able to order the case, delivered at my door in days, for a better price than if I had driven to my local store with a coupon. Of course, Worthington products are a staple in my home. I am a vegetarian so I am always looking for ways to add protien to my diet and these steaks are a quick, easy, and very tasty choice.

The steaks are a gluten based protien that can be cooked or grilled whole or sliced and diced. They work well with gravies and will hold other flavors like soy sauce or spices. The best way to describe them is like a very firm dumpling that has been cooked in flavorful broth. They are very verstaile and my non-vegetarian family and friends like them

I was able to purchase this case for less than half of what my local stores sell them for AND it was delivered! All I needed was someone to cook it up for us!

Makes me hungry just thinking about it!
on November 18, 2008
I first tried these years ago as a meat-eater new to (and skeptical of) meat substitutes. I loved them! Actually, my exact words were, "These are quite palatable." My mother-in-law dredges them in torula and brewers yeast and fries them with diced red onion and they're just about my favorite food!
on March 29, 2013
To me this is more similar to a Portabella mushroom. Texture is a bit like fried or grilled kidney and the mushroom. It works well as a "veal" Parmesan substitute, "chicken fried steak," mixed in stews and chilli or my favorite is to make a low fat or non dairy spinach and "mushroom" pizza, this of course substituting as the mushroom for some extra protein. As others have mentioned, don't expect it to be steak; it's far from it. But it is a good, nutritious protein and can be prepared in many ways. About to go have some now!
on February 21, 2013
I use to buy these all of the time and really love them just heated in a little oil. But, I notice that the flavor has been improved and they are in thin slices instead of chunks like they use to be. Sometimes I flour them and fry them until crispy since they taste a lot like mushrooms. I also just add the juice to what's left of the veggie steaks and cook the juice down adding a little butter.

The only downside is I have to buy 12 cans.