5.0 out of 5 stars I Would Die For You
Published on September 23, 2008 by A. Attaguile

3.0 out of 5 stars Okay book
I thought this book would be more inspiring than it was... though the young man was exceptional, it seemed to be more about him than the God who was working in him. Was good and encouraging though
Published on August 3, 2012 by pastpresfuture

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars I Would Die For You, September 23, 2008
This review is from: I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith (Paperback)
I purchased this book on a Thursday, started reading it, and finished it at 2am on Friday. I could not put it down. BJ Higgins' life, and the way he lived, is a battle-cry for those of us who call ourselves Christians to step up, to be a "missionary" within our own circle of influence. I realized as I finished this book, that, although my life may not be called to be an overseas missionary, I can certainly do more than just go to church on Wednesday and Sunday.

This book did not make me feel guilty, but did cause some introspection. I was just touched that this young man made Christ his sole focus, and a relationship with God is what he sought. A true modern-day David, I shudder to think about all of the times I've squandered when I could've have taken an opportunity to share the Word with someone. Here is a young man who was truly used by God, who was WILLINGLY used by God, and who's story should be told over and over.

I assigned my kids to read this book and my oldest son was inspired to become a missionary with Awe Star Ministries (although the book that planted the first seeds was Peace Child). His reason? When Dr. Moore challenges "Who will take BJ's place?" my son willingly said, "I will...." I pray others will also be inspired to take BJ's place.

5.0 out of 5 stars I would die for You, April 1, 2008
This book ROCKS!! I do not read much and I couldn't but this book down. A story of a young man and his passion for the Lord. We should all live this life seeking, obeying, and putting our lives down for the Lord. This book helped me through God's Amazing Grace to draw closer to the Lord. I highly recommend you to read it.

5.0 out of 5 stars BJ Had A Lot to Say, March 31, 2008
In the book I Would Die for You, BJ Higgins' journals have a way of turning back the clock to when I was a 15 year old Christian, and recognizing I still have a long way to go in my service to the Lord even today, many years later! He has spurred me to do more for Christ!

5.0 out of 5 stars Awesome, Inspiring Book!, February 28, 2009
Have you ever wondered what it looks like for a life to be completely surrendered to God? In this book, called I Would Die For You, you can find out just that. A true story, this book is about B.J. Higgins who `loved God with everything he had and worked passionately to bring God's love to the whole world'. He was truly someone who was on fire for his Savior and who spent his short life bringing many to the saving knowledge of His grace. I say his short life because B.J. when home to be with the Lord after a six-week battle contracted on the mission field in Peru. He was only fifteen years old.
This amazing book was written by his parents, Brent and Deanna Higgins, to tell of B.J.'s life and to inspire countless readers. It includes many journal, blog, email, and even letter excerpts that he wrote, as well as accounts from his friends and relatives. When I read what B.J. wrote it never ceased to amaze me. His passion and love for his Father shone through everything that I read and was truly inspiring.
The book starts off by giving an overview of B.J.'s early life, and the beginning of his life-long relationship with God. It then shifts its focus to the two mission's trips to Peru that he went on. As can be witnessed by his journals and the stories of fellow missionaries, God worked through him in amazing ways. After coming back from his second mission's trip he contracted a mysterious infection which lands him in isolation in the Intensive Care Unit, with thousands of people unifying in prayer for him worldwide. Through his death many came to salvation and even more dedicated their lives to continue his mission, as was stated in one of his favorite songs:
"Rescue the perishing
Care for the dying
Snatch them from in pity
From sin and the grave
Weep o'er the erring one
Lift up the fallen one
Tell them of Jesus
The mighty to save"
As you can see, I don't have enough praise for this book. It was absolutely incredible and so inspiring. As a fifteen-year-old myself it really inspired me about what sort of legacy I was leaving. Also, I absolutely loved the song, written by, lead singer of Mercy Me, Bart Millard, called "I Would Die For You". Imagine my surprise when I found out that that song had been inspired by B.J.'s life! Now I love it all the more! So If you're ready to be inspired... and challenged I highly recommend (highly, highly recommend) reading this life-changing book, because as the song `I Would Die For You' states, "You never know why your alive, `til you know what you would die for/I would die for you".

5.0 out of 5 stars An Awesome Testimony, May 11, 2008
Jan W. "janster" (Marietta, OH United States) - See all my reviews
Seeing into this young man's heart was exactly what I needed. When I think about what God did through him in 16 short years, I am inspired. What would God be able to accomplish if I let Him use me?

This book will definitely challenge you to be the person God intends you to be. Get several copies and share them with others. It won't only inspire Christians, but it makes clear salvation-- what a legacy BJ left behind.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must-Read for Parents and Their Teens, February 25, 2008
A great read about a teen who lived a life passionate about his God. He was bold in his witness and obviously loved God, His Word, and people. All Christians should read this, but especially parents and their teens. This book would go along well with John Piper's Don't Waste Your Life as a true example of a young man who didn't waste his life on typical teen pursuits but instead loved and served his God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Life changing, June 1, 2010
J. Christianson (LIBERTY HILL, TX United States) - See all my reviews
A must-read for any teenager and adult. This book put our reason for being on this earth into perspective. It's not about us but about God and spreading the gospel so more people will be added to His kingdom. B.J. was an inspiring young man and I only wish that I had accomplished half as much as he did in his 15 years in this world.

5.0 out of 5 stars Will you accept the challenge?, April 13, 2009
Jan Madden (Crossville, TN) - See all my reviews
Brent and Deanna Higgins have compiled a wonderful biography of their son's life. "I Would Die For You" will make you laugh and cry, but most of all it will challenge you - no matter your age. At 15 years of age, BJ had a relationship with Jesus Christ that many three times his age long for. This book would be a wonderful gift for a teenager struggling to find his/her way, but it would also be a wonderful gift for adults. A youth group or small group study is another wonderful use for this book.

Over and over in the book Brent and Deanna used the phrase "BJ got it". After reading exerpts from his journals and blogs, I'll have to agree. His life was not his own; it was totally surrendered to God. His life stands as a challenge to each of us. Will we stand for Christ - even if it costs us our lives?

Though BJ's life on earth was short, his life had tremendous purpose. He served in Peru and would often be found leading the most unapproachable to Christ - even policemen! He saw every person and as a soul in need of a Savior. His journals share "How God Worked In My Life Today" and, personally, I took this as a prompt for the teenagers in my household. BJ LOOKED for ways God was working around him. He shared his struggles in walking as a Christian and how he overcame them. He shared the beautiful transition on his 15th birthday from boyhood to manhood as his parents gave him a sword... he unsheathed that sword and prepared to "raise a revolution".

Read the book; be challenged to memorize the Scriptures leading each chapter - those from BJ's "memorization list"; be challenged to share the Truth of the Gospel where ever you are.

Will YOU accept the challenge?

5.0 out of 5 stars I Would Die for you, February 22, 2008
An incredible story that every one should read. It will make you evaluate your realtionship with God.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenominal reading for individuals or groups, April 28, 2008
I ordered this book for my youth group and we have had a great time reading it so far. We are about half way through the book and the youth is very excited about finishing the book. My group has commented on being able to connect with the authors (mom and dad) as well as BJ himself. It has been a phenominal tool God is using to tug on our hearts!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith
I Would Die for You: One Student's Story of Passion, Service and Faith by Brent Higgins (Paperback - January 1, 2008)
$14.99 $11.97