Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Clothing Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports
asked by Lynn Doyle on October 2, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
Honestly, I think taking a DSLR around for travel is well worth it even if you only have one lens. The quality of pictures is just so much better than what a P&S delivers, regardless if it's top of the line. I'm going to bring my DSLR with me for foreign travel next month, and thus far I've taken DSLRs with me to random out of state travel -- quite happy with the results. I know I'd be unhappy with the photos if I just used a P&S.
taiyou answered on October 17, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Do you have multiple lenses for your DSLR? If you only shoot with one lens, it might be easier to just take a nice PaS camera. What kind of pictures do you plan on taking?
negativelocity answered on October 9, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Lynn Doyle answered on October 18, 2009

A
Definitely take your D80. I took that AND a pointandshoot with video. My pictures are great. I carried an 18-200 lens and traveled through Italy and cruised the Eastern Mediterranean. It was also a great learning experience to try different shooting techniques in places. I also had my kids and I love the portraits that I got - often spontaneous ones. With the longer lens, you can zoom in without them knowing. With the other camera, my husband and I could trade off and I could capture some short video clips of things as well. That easily slips in a pocket so sometimes i was carrying both.
Karen A. Hickey answered on November 2, 2009

A
Karen that sounds pretty much like the way I usually travel and probably the way I'll do it in Europe. This is just the first time we will be traveling abroad and I was concerned with traveling light. What type of case did you use to carry your camera (backpack, etc)? I hate carrying it around my neck most of the day, but if I put it in my backpack it is not as easily accessible and I miss some great shots. What worked best for you?
Lynn Doyle answered on November 2, 2009

A
[Deleted by the author on Oct 30, 2009 5:55:22 AM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product