Your Garage Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Fifth Harmony Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

I Would Never Trust My Kids to This Author

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-1 of 1 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 4, 2013 9:31:51 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 9, 2013 10:52:58 PM PST
mijcar says:
Having dragged myself (and two children) through about a third of Snicket's Unfortunate Events, with each book essentially an echo of the previous, and no sense of delight, I finally realized that his audience are those emotionally incomplete wanderers of the Web, lost and desperate for validation that their wrong path is actually the right one. My kids actually quit the series sooner than I did.

No, I am not a Pollyanna, nor a seeker of cheery meaningless happy endings. But neither am I one who finds pleasure slogging through a nihilistic mire of despair, angst, and meaninglessness, in which the universal laws are that only the good die young and that no good deed goes unpunished.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  1
Total posts:  1
Initial post:  Mar 4, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
The Dark (Bccb Blue Ribbon Picture Book Awards (Awards))
The Dark (Bccb Blue Ribbon Picture Book Awards (Awards)) by Lemony Snicket (Hardcover - April 2, 2013)
4.4 out of 5 stars (151)