Customer Discussions > Divergent forum

Would this be a good book for teen boys?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 9, 2013 11:48:39 AM PDT
Would this be a good book for teen boys?

Posted on May 9, 2013 3:23:41 PM PDT
H. Donaldson says:
I don't see why not - they just might not care as much about the love story part (which is not the whole story by any means)

Posted on May 9, 2013 3:33:18 PM PDT
Dia Ari says:
Maybe, if you don't mind the fact that it's written through a female 16 year old perspective.

Posted on May 9, 2013 4:38:35 PM PDT
Linda says:
My 14 year old daughter said that there are boys in her school reading it. She assumes that they like the book but is not sure.

Posted on May 9, 2013 5:29:11 PM PDT
BJ Almeda says:
This book is for all. I have read this book myself. so I guess, this is a good book for teen boys.

Posted on May 10, 2013 1:05:05 AM PDT
Lucinda says:
Yes, i would recomend it to all Young Adult readers (teens and upwards) of both sex. It perfectly blends together touching romance with thrilling action, hence both male and female readers will be equally excited by the storyline. Similar in style to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games, this is an interesting Dystopian read for all!

Posted on Aug 23, 2013 9:31:01 AM PDT
M. J. Morris says:
is this trilogy for young adults only. I'm in my late 50's and loved the Hunger Games

Posted on Jan 15, 2014 3:42:18 PM PST
J. Park says:
teen boys (& girls) are clearly the ones who'll call the book good because they will identify with a character living in an unfair society where its is justified to rebel against a fanatically rigid society. But is the book "good" for anyone? Well, it doesn't have any bad words, and the romance is refreshingly innocent (at least book 1)... but it makes up for that with all ample violence such as getting stabbed in the eye with a butter knife, mandatory fights practice until knockout, kidnapping, attempted murder, suicide, and lots of cold blooded killing by all characters (most saintly included)

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 18, 2014 1:49:58 PM PDT
KLN says:
I'm 41 and about 2/3 of the way through, and I love it! If you liked Hunger Games I think you'll enjoy it.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 26, 2014 9:38:42 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 26, 2014 9:39:23 AM PDT
C. Miller says:
This is a book for anybody with low literary standards. When I say low, I mean bottom-of-the-barrel standards. The first installment of Hunger Games was good but then Collins forgot what made it good in books two and three. Roth presumably read Hunger Games, didn't understand what made it good, decided to add some more rules and tried to ride Hunger Games' coattails. If you're good with that, then this is a book for you.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Divergent forum
Participants:  10
Total posts:  10
Initial post:  May 9, 2013
Latest post:  Mar 26, 2014

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Divergent
Divergent by Veronica Roth (Paperback - February 28, 2012)
4.5 out of 5 stars   (17,380)