Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Melanie Martinez Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD Kids Edition Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Back to School with Amazon Back to School with Amazon Outdoor Recreation Deal of the Day
Would this be too big for 1-2 people? Asking b/c I've read that slow cookers have to be at least 1/2 or 2/3 full or food won't cook well. Is that true?
[UPDATED] asked by Amazon Customer on February 28, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
I cook with this for my girlfriend and I all the time, but there are definitely always leftovers. I never cook with it less than about 2/3 or more full, so I don't know about that. We do love it though, so I'd recommend it.
Alex answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think so. It's just me and my wife and we love left over pot roast. I make 4 1/2 to 5 lbs roasts in there. With the potatoes, the carrots, the added stock and juices from the cooking, it fills it up. I'm glad I didn't get a smaller one. I would have to limit my chunks of meat to 3 lbs max. I haven't heard anything about the 1/2 or 2/3 rule but our dishes come out tasting good and not dry. The trick is to sear the meat before putting it in the pot.
Ty Hutchinson answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I cook for myself and I would say it's just the right size. I cook for 2 days at least so it works for me.
Ivani answered on February 28, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I use this crock-pot for two all the time, but cook enough for left overs. If you are talking about cooking for only one meal, I think the pot is too large for that.
Georgiana Hudspeth answered on February 28, 2013

A
It's just me and the hubby and I bought this and find it to be great. If you look at recipes,they call for a 5 -6qt.slow cooker. I have had no problems and usually when you slow cook you usually end up with more liquid in the pot then with what you started out with.Having the extra space in the crock pot is a good thing. No worries of coming home to see "spillage" all over the place! Hope this helps.
genveve answered on February 28, 2013

A
unless it is 2/3 full it does not cook well, you can always cook more and freeze the leftovers in individual portions
sandra M grieser answered on March 3, 2013

A
It should be OK. We generally fill ours half full and refrigerate leftovers, and it works fine. This is our "extra" crock-pot that we use during our Sunday cooking sessions when we cook for the week ahead.
E. Martin answered on March 1, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I dont think so. Youll have leftovers but thats not a bad thing. Plus we end up filling it 3/4 to make a lot more than we need to take for lunch. You could always fill it up only half way and it would make a lot less.
denisebees answered on February 28, 2013

A
Its just me and my girlfriend for dinners and this works fine. Although most of the time we do have left overs. Most recipes we have made come up to the half way point if not 3/4 (pulled chicken, pulled pork, chilli, french dip). The only dish that didn't come up to half way was a spinach artichoke dip which was about 1/4 full but came out fine.
SteveO23 answered on February 28, 2013

A
While it is large enough for a whole chicken, you can certainly cook for 1-2. You may have left overs the next day but that's a good thing!
lilrose answered on February 28, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product