Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon Sixx AM Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now Learn more
Would this gate be difficult for a 5 or 7 year old to open?
asked by H. Algood on January 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Not very difficult, if at all difficult.
G. Kramer answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
A 5 year old could open it if shown how, it is more difficult to close properly. I use it for dogs so it isn't an issue for me.
William F. Toleman answered on January 3, 2013

A
My 4yr old opens and closes this gate easily.
Robin Severson answered on January 3, 2013

A
Probably wouldn't be too difficult.
L Johnson answered on January 3, 2013

A
No a 5 or 7 year old would be able to open it..my girlfriends son is 5 and he can open it
cutiepiem1 answered on January 3, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't think it would be difficult. My 6 yr old neice came by at Christmas and she kept openening it. You just slide the button and pick the gate up about and inch and it swings open. I dropped a small tack in my button so it would stay open too, that way I just pick it up to open it. It is a heavy duty gate though, so you have to put a little muscle into the picking up part -
D. Johnson answered on January 3, 2013

A
I would think a 5 year old probably could open it. A 7 year old - definitely.
Jennifer A-S answered on January 3, 2013

A
I'm not sure. It has a small thumb switch you have to push while at the same time lifting and and swinging it open. Maybe average difficulty for a kid 5-7 but I'd think its doable/learnable.
In a way it may depend on the install...I think you can make it so tight that the bottom rails rub each other and that makes it tougher to open and close. Ours is well adjusted so it swings freely.
dogsandcatsanddogs answered on January 6, 2013

A
Sorry for my delayed response. Kids that age have enough motor skills to open the gate. It's just a deterrent at that point, but great for that.
Kris answered on January 29, 2013

A
Not at all. Mine started opening it at 4. ( We use it for our dog, not our kid.)
Alexis answered on March 4, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product