Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_plcc_6M_fly_beacon Beach House Storm Fire TV Stick Off to College Essentials Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Fire HD 6 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Shop Now Deal of the Day
Would this be useful for a 2 1/2 yr old? He is already counting, etc. LeapFrog LeapPad2 Explorer, Green
asked by lovingwife on August 30, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
You'd be amazed at what kids can do. Give them the tablet and they just take off like a rocket learning. With a few guided lessons and with just the right apps your child will certainly enjoy using and growing with the Leapfrog LeapPad Tablet. we've had ours since my son was 3 1/2 but my God daughter turned 3 this September and she sits down with it and taps away and watches videos, takes photos and tries playing games. great part is they don't grow out of it for a while when they are that long and its so durable that even if a child has the dropsy's its still safe to use. My son has thrown ours several times and it just amazes me that it still works I can't say the same for his other gaming counsel.
P. Fandrey answered on September 24, 2012
Comment | 12 of 12 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My son was 2 1/2 when we got the system, and he did amazingly! The day after he got it, he had already learned to write several letters by himself. We had never practiced letters before!

But it also depends on the game. Many of the games are geared towards older children.
Carly answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My daughter received hers for her 3rd birthday. She's very smart but she does have difficulty with tracing the letters and numbers in the "pet" application. However, for a 2-1/2 year old I'm sure that it would be useful, just as long as it keeps their attention. Some kids do better than others. Mine has a bit more energy and can only play for a short time before wanting to get up and go. If the device lasts long enough, it should be useful for up to 9 years, but I'm sure we'll have quite better equipment to choose from by then.
Scythe944 answered on November 29, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product