5.0 out of 5 stars Fun book..., November 4, 2007
I bought two books for Columbus Day for my 5 year old. I really love this one however it is bit advanced for us right now. It has lots of captions and very busy. It's very cute and will be fun to use in a year or two! I am glad I got it but would recommend it for a 6-8 year old. We will definitely get good use out of it in the future!

5.0 out of 5 stars Early Explorerations with a Sense of Humor, March 23, 2010
7785pat (Chicago, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: You Wouldn't Want to Sail with Christopher Columbus!: Uncharted Waters You'd Rather Not Cross (Paperback)
This book is educational in spite of its humorous illustrations and characters' side comments. Written from an elementary child's perspective, the book contains easy to read, picture-laden sections on topics such as, Why Do You Want to Explore, Which Way Would You Steer, Can You Cope On Board, and Would It All Be Worthwhile? A Glossary and Index make this book a great supplemental resource in the classroom or a fun read for a child who just wants to learn about Columbus. Bits of historical trivia not found in textbooks create enrichment. Content parallels that of a 5th grade text with a simpler reading level.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, May 14, 2007
J. Lively (South Carolina USA) - See all my reviews
This book really got my son,7, interested in History. He remembers about every detail from it. The character animations are great! I recommend these books especially for probably 7 -10 yr old boys. I think they could get the most out of them.

4.0 out of 5 stars Surprising facts!, December 7, 2013
This is a nice addition to my classroom library. The story gives some interesting facts that most people don't know about Columbus.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fascinating...well-written and full of information., October 24, 2012
This book is excellent - I enjoyed it as a Social Studies teacher and my students lined up to see it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hilarious and educational, February 13, 2012
My kids love reading this book with me to get some of the "lowdown" on how life actually was back then. It's very informative, and the illustrations and just great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not high literature, but entertaining and informative, October 27, 2011
Not every book has to be super-serious minded. This one isn't -- combining good information with corny illustrations and jokes. It's entertaining for kids, and when they are laughing, they are learning.

5.0 out of 5 stars Colonial America in a Humorous Way, October 28, 2008
I recommend this entire "You Wouldn't want to be . . ." series for helping to teach history to young kids. The subject is taught in a humorous way that both kids and adults can enjoy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Students love this, November 1, 2014
Anna Stevens (Seattle, WA USA) - See all my reviews
My students love this series.

Used & New from: $0.76