Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Explore Home Audio All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer girls2 girls2 girls2  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now SnS

Wow, Another MOH already ?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 25 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 29, 2012 9:27:47 AM PST
MoultonHawk says:
What do we know about this so far ? Good buzz, or another meh game ? I liked the MP, but it just wasn't very polished.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 1:07:43 PM PST
T. French says:
I was super pumped for the last one, but it was just such a let down because it just was not as well designed as it could have been.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 1:07:58 PM PST
Already? The last one came out in 2010. Call of Duty comes out every year.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 6:45:41 PM PST
NC says:
Knew from the MOH open beta that it was going to flop last time. Game was just terrible. I know, beta and all isn't always a good picture of the real product, but I've found more often in the last few years, it is. When BF3 released, the difference between beta and retail wasn't much. Same with TOR.

Beta used to be something they used to test the product completely, then analyze results and improve the game from that. If there was major problems, the game would go back to dev longer. Nowadays it is turning into a simple prelaunch demo. Build hype for the main release. Maybe get some good tips, but overall, just another form of advertising.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 1:43:07 PM PST
Yeah, the last MOH was a real dud. The single player was OK, but the MP was horrible in IMO.. Gonna wait to read the reviews before wasting $60. I really wanted and tried to like the reboot, but MOH is just not the same when it's in current combat, it needs to go back to it's root and take place in WW2/Korean war.

Posted on Mar 1, 2012 10:38:16 PM PST
Anthony Tran says:
dice messed up on the multiplayer for moh real bad.
this medal of honor, danger close is doing the multiplayer...

Basically, MOH will be released every 2 years, and BF will be released every 2 years. Just like COD. These 2 games are EA's main titles like activisions, cod for treyarch and iw

Posted on Mar 2, 2012 10:28:13 AM PST
the reason why the MP was just okay was because EA rushed it. They were trying to compete with black ops. im still hoping theyll make it right this time.

Posted on Mar 3, 2012 6:38:22 AM PST
Chris94 says:
it was released two years ago. how is it already?

Posted on Mar 4, 2012 11:22:19 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 4, 2012 11:28:24 PM PST
Kirk Travel says:
@M.Brown: 2 years is too soon, too quick, it leaves most games largely unpolished. Most video games to be quality status need to be 3+ years of actual development time, DukeNukem: Forever excluded of course.

@everyone here: I think R.L.Bennett is right, the old studio did good on it till it was dissolved. The last real two MOH titles were a nearly over decade ago... then MOH jumps back in with a reboot. I didn't like it either & I even played the beta the same as NC did, but beta does mean something still to most Devs it does catch some glitches that get patched during the last cycle & the first week running on the 360. Alas, though- betas are not what they used to be. Are they? hm, here's hoping things don't turn into a rehash. At two years development w/release I think its re-using the same engine & software parts as the last, with minor tweaks just look at how unimaginatively stupid that one year cycle makes C.o.D. look in the end; lots of bugs to patch & same product as the last one- just slightly shinier in graphics mostly.

Its unfortunate MOH is going this route, old long-time fans like me are much more likely to skip it more easily now and say "pass!" or "maybe later..." Great EA puts another A+ title series down the drain. This time it's official. I'll stick to renting this one, if ever. Pass!

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 9:27:11 AM PST
i bought every MOH for ps2 n ps3 ever since i played frontline
i bought the latest one and it was pretty good so ima get this one as well

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 4:20:44 PM PST
Jeff says:
I actually loved the last MoH. I loved the multiplayer, except the bad spawns, and I thought the campaign was stellar. I can't wait for this one! But I think I'll go for pc instead of xbox this time, because it's running on Frostbite 2. FB2 is terrible on consoles.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 1:43:22 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 6, 2012 1:44:12 PM PST
MoultonHawk says:
I don't know Jeff, B3 with Frostbite 2 is beatiful on my PS3, not everybody can throw away the CPU and buy a new rig every other year. Terrible ? Are you basing that off the old Alpha ? That wasn't even a Beta as I understood it. The finished product is a brilliant challenging game on my PS3.

As well you loved the last MOH ? You're just not making a lot of sense Jeffrey.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 10:01:09 PM PST
Charles says:
After watching the trailer it made me think that this is MEDAL OF HONOR VS THE X-MEN. LOL

Posted on Mar 9, 2012 3:19:27 AM PST
The more the merrier , we need more different style in fps hopefully this can compete with the new ghost recon which I can't wait to play :) , does anybody know if ghost recon will get a multiplayer beta ?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2012 10:51:00 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Mar 23, 2012 7:59:40 AM PDT
It seems they really used Frosbite 2 to its full potential with the new "micro destruction", but I fear that it will be short and not have a very engaging story much like the last. It seems the SEALs are our only hope for the story, since it was written by U.S. Navy SEALs during their downtime between deployments. I really hope it isn't just another 5 hour shooter with a story that didn't get me invested in it as much as the developers seemed to think it would. It seems like most good IPs are becoming that nowadays.

Posted on Apr 29, 2012 8:34:35 PM PDT
M. Tomlinson says:
I loved the last Medal of Honor. I agree that the multiplayer wasn't that great but I thought the story/single player was phenomenal. I'm glad a new one is coming.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 30, 2012 1:21:06 AM PDT
I don' know, this one has some promise, but I'm still not putting all my money on it. That said, it is made on the Frostbite 2 Engine. COD still hasn't changed the game engine, and the whole damn series as a whole is going down the tubes.

Posted on May 2, 2012 9:51:50 AM PDT
gmerdude says:
I though it was a new COD at first...Even the characters look like COD.

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2012 5:10:59 AM PDT
Nick says:
It doesn't matter what the creators of COD do, people will still buy the game like it's going out of style. They'd have to really mess something major up for anyone to stop buying their product.

Posted on Aug 22, 2012 2:51:02 PM PDT
shishwar says:
C.o.D comes out every 2 years, its made by different companies each year.
Not saying its good though.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 5, 2012 1:52:41 AM PDT
thats because call of duty is the same old recycled stuff, just new maps and some new guns is all

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 2:08:01 AM PDT
I liked the campaign in the first Medal of Honor, but the multiplayer got old fast. I would've felt ripped off had I paid $60 for it. Instead I rented when it came out and got it for $7 later, worth it for singleplayer alone imo

Warfighter looks better than Black Ops 2 but it seems headed slightly further away from the "authentic" experience they keep talking about - story sounds more like an action movie, much more slow-mo, infite ammo for machinegunners, etc. Even if they had good preorder bonuses, it's worth waiting for reviews with this one

Posted on Oct 19, 2012 2:39:43 AM PDT
M. Tomlinson says:
I don't care about the multiplayer and absolutely loved the single player / story of the last one so I'm definitely getting this. Will be getting for my PC though. I'll stick to B2K and Armored Assault BF3 for multiplayer.

Posted on Oct 22, 2012 11:48:00 AM PDT
M. Weir says:
Well....considering they aren't even sending out review copies of the game to gaming publications until the day the game comes out..do the math. But I still preordered it. *crosses fingers*
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  23
Total posts:  25
Initial post:  Feb 29, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about