Showing 1-2 of 2 reviews(4 star)show all reviews
on December 22, 2009
The Price has come down a lot and I think its priced right now.

Pros: Price is right (its come down a lot since it was first released)
This robot has over 90 minutes of stories, jokes and quips so you won't grow bored of it as quickly
Nice remote, can drive it and easy to learn controls
Good mobility and you can turn IR detection on or off
Arms move
Torso moves
head moves
Great expressions
Is funny if you like dumb jokes ( I do:)
Has an SD card for future expansion
Can be used to tell the time or be an alarm clock. Can remember your B-day and Anniversary
Durable
Can be plugged in to preserve batteries

CONS:
Leaves you wanting more
Only the default personalities have been released.
I've seen a hack that will let you load your own content from an SD card but its not supported
Hands can't pick things up.
Takes a lot of batteries (not rechargeable)
My 5 year old doesn't like it. I do:)

Conclusion:
Nice robot, several features and some good content but after spending some time with it you will grow bored and it will become an expensive alarm clock. Really needs wifi to update content, respond to voice commands etc. If you like robots you'll like this one I just can't wait for an improved version.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again
on August 27, 2012
Please note that this is meant as a RESPECTFUL rebuttal to many things we have heard about Mr Personality.

1. "Wowwee says there are personalities to download but this is a "lie", "false advertising", etc..."
Please note that the product webpage for Mr P is a "legacy" page for stock that is still in stores and hasn't yet been sold.
It is clearly stated on Mr P's page that the product has been "retired" Please note that few companies will support a product that has been discontinued for years. You can enter "robocommunity" into a search engine and you will find a very well designed website, setup by fans and not associated with Wowwee. On this site you will find forums, articles,videos, how-to's, development walk-thru's and much more. In addition, you will also find software that will allow YOU to create your own personalities. This can be A LOT of fun! (I haven't started on Mr P, yet as I have only had him a few days :) I have done this with another Wowwee product, RS Media (also retired).

2. "My six year old/8 year old/18 year old", etc... "is easily bored with this".
Well, I have to give you that one. These "toys" are way more advanced than what has been implied. I just checked Mr P's page and it says "Ages: 8+". Yeah, if your kid has got an IQ above 140 and is familiar with Windows file types :) However, what a wonderful opportunity for a parent to get involved in a child's playtime, building personalities, learning together. This can be a terrific educational tool for parent and child, together. But I do have to say, Wowwee's marketing has been a "missed opportunity". To their credit, if you check their website, now you will see that their age estimates and products have become quite appropriate to children. (Just an aside, the Robosapien series including Tribot and Mr P, et al were designed by the same brilliant engineer that designed the Mars lander.)

3. "It takes a lot/too many batteries." Again, a websearch will yield forums where much information can be found... like "yes, rechargeables WILL work" (I use them in all my other Wowwee robots and each of them seems to perform better. I am currently using alkalines in my Mr P but will install niMH rechargeables as soon as I can buy them.)

4. "He/It/The piece of garbage, etc... just stopped working." Their are many normal situations in which this can happen including user error. Again, please search the Web for the answer as more likely than not, someone else has already discovered the answer.

One small recommendation for those looking for a more "point and shoot" kid-appropriate Wowwee robot, please search Amazon for "Robosapien v1" he comes in colors, no color (transparent) and is Wowwee's claim to fame and possibly the number one selling robot of all time. Tons of books/web content, etc on this guy! Definitely look for hundreds of videos on the famous video website that I won't name since Amazon will edit it out :) That being said, if my other web references have been edited out, just search on "Mr Personality forums" and you will find what you are looking for.

Finally, for my review: My only negative is that my Mr P can't summon the strength to plow through my carpeting, although he moves smartly on my hard floors. I'm thinking that with the heavy alkaline batteries, his more than 5lb bulk is the culprit. niMH batteries should take care of that, nicely. Thank you for your patience and enjoy robots!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
Thank you for your feedback.
Sorry, we failed to record your vote. Please try again