Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $8.27 shipping
WowWee Tribot Talking Companion
|Price:||$270.74 & FREE Shipping. Details|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number above to make sure this fits.
- Pose able arms and tilt waist
- Modes include Free Roam and Guard
- Program mode-store a sequence of up to 40 program steps
- Tells you when he's fallen over. Built-in speaker and LED indicators. Remote controller with "Follow Me" homing function
- Amazon Exclusive
- Tribot Talking Companion/Personality Packed Robot/ Interactive Conversations and Entertainment
- Built in wheel encoder driving games
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Viewed This Item Also Viewed
CHOKING HAZARD -- Small parts. Not for children under 3 yrs.
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
Tribot does not look as human as WowWee Robosapien with Mini Robo - Silver, but it moves better, quicker, and more efficiently. The three-wheel configuration works great!! The biggest innovation is the tilt-sensitive remote control combined with a very intuitive remote which makes it much simpler to operate than Robosapien.
Like the RoboPanda, the sarcastic dialogue might get tiresome, but its not as immediately annoying. Still, there is something familiar and friendly with Robosapien's grunts. I wish Tribot had two modes to allow users to choose coherent or incoherent dialogue!! Uh-huh!!
Let me get the positives out of the way first - the three-wheel omni-directional drive is neat and gives the robot great mobility.
That's about it.
* The controls are annoying - IR is good for remote controlling your TV, but not motion control; IR has too much delay, its range is too limited, and requires line of sight. All remote controlled toys should use RF. The IR control is very laggy and sometimes plain unresponsive. For example, Even though the robot is capable of of some pretty neat maneuvers due to the wheel design, it is nearly impossible to accurately control the robot - just trying to stop at the correct angle when spinning in place is frustratingly difficult. The tilt control is gimmicky at best.
*After you play with the robot for a while, you realize just how utterly simple the toy is, there is no depth. So it can record and playback your input. So what? Given how inaccurate the controls are, even if you did record your control input, the robot will not be following the same path on playback because of how imprecise it is. So what's the point of playback? The roaming free feature is also poorly implemented and of little value, as the robot will just sit there grinding its wheels against an obstacle that's too low for it to "see". In the end, the play value of this robot is not much more than that of a remote controlled car, but even there the IR control system will aggravate you to no end.
* If you look at the robot on display, you might expect for it to have a bit more motorized features. But actually it doesn't.Read more ›
When I opened Tribot on Christmas, I was so excited! He was exactly how I thought he would be based on the videos I'd seen on WowWee's site with a very likable voice. You can't expect TOO much from a $40 robot. He is going to be able to maneuver around, entertain you, but he isn't going to be able to perform brain surgery! In other words, lower your expectations and just enjoy how cool it is to have a robot.
You can play games with him (which are actually kind of hard), set him to be an alarm, set him into "guard" mode, move him around at will or just watch him move around. He says the cutest little things! I love it! And after 1 week of playing with him a little each day, he is still going strong with the batteries that we put in him on the first day.
I'd say it's a pretty nice toy.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I remember getting this for my sixth b day I'm 12 and I still play with it. I would highly recommend this to anyone.Published 10 months ago by HH
It would be better if it came with a rechargeable battery pack. If it's used often, you almost need stock in a battery company to keep up. My son loved.Published 16 months ago by highonrope
I have this exact model. I got it for my son. It is actually not bad at all. Fun to play with and pretty durable. Read morePublished 17 months ago by Christopher Smith
Tribot was a really cool addition to my son's little robot collection. My son loves robots and tells us he wants to build robots someday so we try to indulge this every chance we... Read morePublished 20 months ago by Rayne
This gift was a hit with our great grandson. It was so much fun to watch him play with it immediately after receiving it.Published on April 10, 2014 by LaDonna Chaffin