4.0 out of 5 stars A Great 'Interactive' Toy - Not For Couch Potatoes
First of all, I should make it clear that I am definitely a nerd, and have had a passion for all things robotics since about the age of 10. My home office/den is full of robotic toys and half completed construction projects. When a new robot, or robot toy, hits the market rush out to see it in action, and if it looks halfway decent, then it's going to come home with me -...
Published on October 13, 2005 by Tempus Master

2.0 out of 5 stars Not the pet I was expecting
When I first saw video of the Roboraptor online a few months ago I couldn't wait.

To my dissapointment, Roboraptor is just a "dumb" remote machine.

It has no true Artificial Intelligence, only has four "moods" and cannot do much on it's own.

It cannot stand up if he were to fall down.

It has trouble walking on most carpets and...
Published on September 12, 2005 by Soujiro Seta

‹ Previous | 110 11 1215 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty Fun, October 1, 2005
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
Yeah, okay, so some of you guys are a bit skeptical of Roboraptor - seriously, do you expect it to be some like Aibo? It's way cheaper and a lot of fun.

It has way more run time that I-Cybie [which I also have tons of fun with].

If you've got a busy little kid who switches toys in a snap, this is not the toy for you. If you've got maybe a 10-12 year old who will occasionally take interest in playing with a neat toy, this is perfect. I got it a couple months ago. I've never been that fond of electronic toys.

Hey, in my opinion, they're made for dust-gathering. This one is cute and fun. Wave you're hand over his head and he'll yell at you. Walk near him, he'll yell at you. Most of the sensors are buttons, but he certainly knows you're there.

I-Cybie's lots of fun, but it's not for impatient people. Shoooort run time. Aibo's a blast but is high priced - but if you've got the money, spend it.

In a nutshell, Roboraptor is a fairly entertaining toy with lifelike features. Get one.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT!, December 29, 2005
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
This toy rocks! All these people want it to be educational but it is a toy! If you want education grab a V Smile. It is pretty fast. If you use the run you might be able to use on heavy carpet. As far as durability, I will see, because I have only had it for 5 days. So far it has worked prfect. BIG FUN!

4.0 out of 5 stars I love it , but not worth the money., January 2, 2006
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
I like the Roboraptor, but it really is not worth the money. I love dinosaurs and dragons. Thats the only reason I want it. But the Roboraptor is cute. It also has way to many batteries needed and the batteries it needs almost cost as much as the Roboraptor. In all I love the Roboraptor but it is too much money and takes to many batteries. (It should come with batteries.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor...A new era? Cool!, November 17, 2005
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
I am a child aged 11, and while most say he walks slow, I think he's cool. I don't really care about how fast it walks, just about his key features and what he can do and the overall quality. I have it on the top five of my list, second to I-Cybie. Don't actually have it though. I have experienced a demo three times in Toys-R-Us, and I don't think it has any problems, except for the whipping tail which whaps you around your head after you get up from tying your shoelaces... But that may only happen on a table, though. It is extremely affectionate at times, but a bit noisy. I caught it on Hunting Mood one day and it bit my finger... But despite all it's faults, I give it 5 stars overall.

Review by:

Hikari Naito,

real name Mai Nadia,

aged 11

5.0 out of 5 stars WowWee Roboraptor Robotic Dinosaur, January 9, 2007
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
this product was received quickly once ordered, there was no damage to packaging or item from shipping. This was a gift for my 9 yr. old son. He loved it at first but the toy moves so slowly and tips over easily, my son lost interest quickly. Therefore, I would not recommend this item.

2.0 out of 5 stars Grade: F-, December 25, 2013
= Durability:2.0 out of 5 stars  = Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars  = Educational:1.0 out of 5 stars
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
I saved for over a month to surprise my 5 year old son with his own pet robot dinosaur for xmas this morning and all it does is wiggle in place. This was our Christmas's most expensive gift as well as the biggest (and only) disappointment. It doesn't work on anything but hard floors (our whole house is carpeted.. woulda been nice to know!) Even on hard surfaces, it does next to nothing it claims, as the feet hardly raise at all. It doesn't turn, barely walks, certainly doesn't run, came with NO instructions, and after 7.5 disappointed hours, neither me nor my son can get it to do *anything* it claimed on the box. We are returning it tomorrow. Thanks for absolutely nothing, Wowwee.

4.0 out of 5 stars It is a toy you have to play with it!, September 1, 2012
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
Great fun for those who still find interacting with a toy fun. It will not entertain you but if you know how, remember how to, PLAY,then you are in for hours of fun.

5.0 out of 5 stars Roboraptor, January 1, 2009
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
I have a 5 year old boy who absolutely loves dinosaurs, and that Christmas morning when he tore off the wrapping and saw what was underneath it all, eyes wide open full of emotions, believe me just the look on his face that Christmas morning was worth it all.

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not perform, January 9, 2006
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
My son received this toy for xmas. It was a lot of fun for about 5 minutes then he realized that the dino could not walk as expected. The life-like gestures are entertaining, but not very long for a active 7 year old. It is a very pricey toy that uses a lot of batteries and does very little. Can I get my money back?

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Gift for a 10 year old., January 4, 2014
This review is from: Wowwee Roboraptor (Toy)
My daughter is really into Dragons, Godzilla and Robots. While that may be unusual for many girls, I think it's not among 10 year olds in general. Great Product, works as described. Just add batteries.

‹ Previous | 110 11 1215 | Next ›