Customer Discussions > Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black forum

Wow, can you say overpriced?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-14 of 14 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 16, 2012 3:34:00 PM PDT
I really hope others don't get fooled into buying the 3DS XL for $50-100 extra here by the third party vendors.... I was looking forward to using an Amazon gift card and my Amazon credit card to buy one directly from Amazon for the real $199.99 price, but seeing as how they're not offering it here, I'll have to get one elsewhere :/

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 9:09:18 PM PDT
Kiwi Kenobi says:
I'm confident that Amazon will start carrying the 3DS XL for the $199 price sooner or later. I'm not in any rush to get mine delivered on the exact day it's released. I'll have the thing for the rest of my life once I have it. I'm willing to wait an extra few days or weeks in order to buy it here with my Amazon gift card money. Amazon's always treated me right in the past. I can wait a little longer to make sure my money goes to them and not some other vendors of video games that I prefer not to patronize but will not name.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 9:14:31 PM PDT
You might be waiting a while....doing some more research, it seems Amazon US doesn't sell any Nintendo handhelds directly anymore...only third party dealers selling through Amazon. The original 3DS had screen-scratching issues where the two screens touched each other when closed. Because of that, a lot of customers returned them to Amazon for refunds, and Amazon hasn't sold Nintendo's handheld systems directly since :/

Posted on Aug 16, 2012 10:27:11 PM PDT
Chase S says:
"Amazon hasn't sold Nintendo's handheld systems directly since"

Erm, correct me if I'm wrong, but there hasn't been a handheld system since the 3DS...so of course Amazon hasn't been carrying any other systems.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 16, 2012 10:52:13 PM PDT
What I meant was that since the screen-scratching issues occurred with the original 3DS systems, Amazon hasn't sold the original 3DS themselves, only having third party sellers sell them on Amazon instead. Because of that, many people are thinking that Amazon won't be offering the 3DS XL directly either, leaving only third party sellers to sell the 3DS XL on Amazon (and at the moment at higher than MSRP prices, just like the 3DS is right now).

Posted on Aug 17, 2012 12:30:31 AM PDT
wow.. this aint ebay where people can charge whatever.

if someone wants to use amazon to sell an item then they should have to sell it at the MSRP. and not higher

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 17, 2012 3:10:20 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Aug 17, 2012 3:11:40 AM PDT
Paper Tiger says:
Unfortunately it's true. Amazon had the 3DS up for review twice and now doesn't sell directly. They never even got the purple/pink 3DS's. It would be nuts for Nintendo to not use the biggest online retailer in America to sell their hardware. I have to conclude that Amazon and Nintendo have some kind of dispute about this hardware and it might be related to reimbursements for "faulty" hardware. My scratches wiped off when scrubbed with microfiber cloth : )

Posted on Aug 21, 2012 1:53:30 PM PDT
S. Hall says:
I just put in an order for the blue 3DS XL through Amazon and was able to use the $10 Amazon code I had on it. It says it won't ship for 2-3 weeks, but that's okay with me because I'm in no rush to get the 3DS XL right away. I'm just happy to get it through Amazon for the free shipping, no tax and ability to use my Amazon $10 towards it.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 8:40:32 AM PDT
L. A. REED says:
Actually, 3rd party merchants CAN charge whatever. I don't like it either, but it is a fact.

They pay through the nose to sell in the Amazon Marketplace though! Probably more than eBay!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 8, 2012 6:57:59 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 8, 2012 6:58:45 PM PST]

Posted on Nov 8, 2012 7:01:40 PM PST
Man in Black says:
Thankyou L.A. Reed... that's what most people don't get. Sellers would lose a considerable amount to sell most things at MSRP. Amazon takes a huge percentage from us. We don't get all that money you see charged there. And they hardly ever allow for enough shipping charge. 99 times out of 100 I lose quite a bit on the shipping alone.

It's a service provided. It comes to your house and most pay no tax. If you don't like the price then just don't buy it.

Posted on Dec 9, 2012 10:19:38 AM PST
Felickz says:
WOW... just got this bundled with Mario kart($40) for 160$ + 30$ giftcard at bestbuy ... technically 140$ cheaper compared to this. Whatever the reason, things like this have me heading to best buy more and more. Better rewards 5% at bestbuy vs 3% at amazon with cards. Sucks that amazon cant be our one stop shop. CamelCamelCamel.com is indispensable as well!

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 6:03:01 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 10, 2012 6:03:36 PM PST]

Posted on Dec 10, 2012 6:12:57 PM PST
L. A. REED says:
The Best Buy deal is pretty sweet. The price on these things sure has tanked over the last month. Think Nintendo is finally realizing they can't convince people to buy a $200+ system and a bunch of $40 games.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  14
Initial post:  Aug 16, 2012
Latest post:  Dec 10, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black
Nintendo 3DS XL - Blue/Black by Nintendo (Nintendo 3DS)
4.7 out of 5 stars   (1,710)