1,483 Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!
Wrangler makes a great pair of somewhat loose fitting rugged, durable jeans for any guy who wants a slightly more relaxed look to their work (or play) jeans. Moreover, these jeans are a good choice for people like me who are slightly overweight. They really do give you extra room in the thigh and the seat; and that's great!

The denim is nice and thick; and...
Published on February 17, 2008 by Matthew G. Sherwin

1.0 out of 5 stars Major Inconsistency in Size
Published on January 15, 2012 by Cassie in Campbell

5.0 out of 5 stars all right by me !!!, February 17, 2008
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)

The denim is nice and thick; and these jeans are extremely durable. The excellent stitching helps make this possible. In fact, these jeans can last for years at a time without any fraying--even at the bottoms of the legs. They are made from cotton and they are permanent press. However, I would wash these jeans with similar colors to avoid any color dye bleeding onto white garments in the wash or dryer cycle. They say that you should tumble dry these on low; but I use the permanent press settings on my dryer and that seems to work fine without any problems. They come in five colors, too. Black jeans are even possible in an office where you don't have to dress too fancy but yet blue jeans just won't be allowed, either.

Overall, these fine jeans by Wrangler easily rival any jeans made by other manufacturers. Make sure you choose the right size and color for you if you're using the pricing and availability chart above on this webpage. If you want a pair of loose fitting yet rugged, durable jeans, this may be just what you're looking for. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Jeans , Good Value, January 9, 2007
I used to buy Levi's 550 relaxed fit jeans because they were an American company, but now they are no longer made in America. These Wrangler Rugged Wear jeans are similar fitting and looking as the Levi's 550 jeans and about half the price, and seem to be a better fabric than Levi's.

1.0 out of 5 stars Major Inconsistency in Size, January 15, 2012
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
I ordered a pair of these for my husband in November 2011 and he loved them. Great fit, super comfy and looked good. So I ordered him two more pair for Christmas in the same size. Well, they fit nothing like the exact same item we'd ordered in November. They were easily a size too small and he could barely get them buttoned. I agree with the earlier reviewer; these jeans bore no resemblance to the pair we bought from Amazon only a month before. I returned them and I'm reluctant to order anymore--even in a larger size--because now I really don't know what we're going to get. Both orders of the Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean were made in Mexico and had tags indicating size 33x30, but the first pair were easily an inch larger in the waist and you can tell by the numbers on the tags they must have been made in different factories. It's disappointing to say the least. If Wrangler is going to have other countries make their jeans, they need to apply consistent patterns and standards. It's called "quality control"!

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed in Size/Quality Control, January 19, 2012
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
Disappointed. Size I ordered from Amazon is the size I always buy/wear from stores. The pair received, while marked as correct size ordered, were almost too small for me to even get on and zipped-up right out of the bag. I can't imagine how I would have gotten them on after a few washings/shrinking. They were made in Mexico, for whatever that is worth. I don't see the point in buying clothes online anymore if you cant trust accuracy of sizing, and if that isn't trustworthy, what can one conclude about quality of materials, workmanship, etc.?

5.0 out of 5 stars These Pants are sized correctly - ignore all contrary claims, April 23, 2007
John A. Leo (Fairfax, VA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
One reviewer is doing a VERY GREAT disservice to purchasers of this brand of Jeans. I followed his claim that the waist size is 2 inches off and his recommendation that everyone select a size 2 inches larger. I followed his advice, and I now have a pair of jeans that not only do not fit properally, but are in fact 2 1/2 to 3 inches too big!!! Ignore the "buy oversize" claim and buy what your tape measure suggests. Just think, if I loose 10 pounds, my pants will then be 2 entire sizes TOO BIG !

1.0 out of 5 stars Whatever happened to quality?, June 27, 2011
JMS (SF Bay Area, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
I've been wearing Wrangler relaxed fit jeans for many years now, always ordering from Amazon because they always have my size. I may have to reconsider after the last few pair. As previous astute reviewers have mentioned, these jeans are not only missing the rivets, but they shrink A LOT. I have my own washer and dryer. I wash cold and tumble dry with cold air and still these jeans shrink WAY too much, going from comfortable to ballcrushers in one wash and dry cycle. Some reviews have mentioned defects and I have now joined that crowd. I bought a pair back in April. Do I wear my new jeans right away? No, but I like to have a backup pair or two because I wear them to work and having a new clean pair on hand is important. I tore open the packing on the new pair this morning and was wondering if I had brain damage as I sipped coffee and tried unsuccessfully to get my belt in the belt loops, wondering what was going on... until I realized the jeans HAD NO BELT LOOPS. What in the holy hell use is a pair of Wranglers without belt loops? And what has happened to the quality control of these jeans that a defect like that could go unnoticed? Since it is now near the end of June it is too late for me to return the jeans without going through all kinds of bull____, so I am EXTREMELY disappointed with Wrangler AND Amazon. Now some of you might say, "Jack, why didn't you just open the goddamned package when you got them and give them a look see?" My response? "They are Wranglers from Amazon. I checked that I got the right size and color, why should I have to check for belt loops?" Please note I'm a long-time Amazon shopper who has rarely had to return anything. So... anyone want a free pair of jean with no ____ing belt loops? For Christ's sake. I guess I'll see what Levi's has to offer in relaxed fit and hope I don't get shafted again with missing belt loops or one giant pantleg or some other insanity.

Update 2011 07 18 - Two weeks ago I unwrapped the last pair of Wranglers I had tucked away from my last purchase. For two weeks they were great - a good fit, with a bit of room in the butt and crotch (I have to bend and squat and sometimes get right down on the floor under desks at work, so a bit of room helps avoid the dreaded testicular crush). On the weekend I washed these jeans. NO detergent, just water. COLD water only, for a 20 minute wash and rinse cycle. They went in the dryer, COLD AIR DRY only, for about twenty minutes. Then I let them hang and finish drying at room temperature. When I put them on this morning they had shrunk at least 1 full size. I felt like my gonads were being crushed by an angry Sumo wrestler. That CAN'T be normal. Should I just buy jeans 2 or 3 sizes bigger from now on and assume they will shrink? This is crazy.

1.0 out of 5 stars Failure After Six Months, May 6, 2013
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
I purchased a pair in October of 2012 in Stonewash. Everything was great, they were comfortable, fit well, and I couldn't of been happier. I would say after 2-3 months I noticed the back pocket corners looked a little thin. Needless to say I was alarmed since I only wore these maybe once every two weeks. I wondered if it was something to do with how I wore them, etc. I figured I'd get them patched on the inside and that would be it. Well this past weekend after running an errand, I stepped into the cab of my truck and they tore from the back crotch all the way to the top of the zipper. I always check my jeans over for wear prior to putting them on so there was no sign of pending failure. I'm sure glad I was on the way home! Odd thing is the black version of these I own are almost in the same condition I bought them in November.

1.0 out of 5 stars major defect in the jeans - both front pockets had holes in them, July 13, 2009
James Prial (San Francisco, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
Ordered up a pair, reviews look good, got them fairly quickly, tried them on, they fit good. The right hand from pocket felt like there was something in it, like an "Inspected by #277" note, but it was just the wrinkled and crispy pocket itself. I inspected it closer, and it was full of holes! The front left pocket had the same problem. Bummer. Sending back for refund.. not taking another chance, I'll just go to the store and get jeans.

1.0 out of 5 stars NOT the original 31MWZWK relaxed black jean, February 16, 2011
This review is from: Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean (Apparel)
If you are a long time Wrangler wearer, as I am, don't be fooled by these. I made the mistake of keeping the three pair I ordered even though it is obvious that they are NOT the same as the original 31MWZWK jeans. They felt pretty good, so I decided to give them a try. These jeans are thinner material, have a different label, and shrank in size right after I washed them. They don't have the rivet on the pockets and are generally cheaper in feel. Since these are the jeans that came up when I typed in 31MWZWK, I believed that that was what I was getting. I actually think that they might be a "knock-off" rather than the real thing. By the time I realized I no longer wanted them, it was too late to return them for a refund. I feel really ripped off.

1.0 out of 5 stars Sent me the wrong size!, January 25, 2012
I ordered Men's Wrangler Relaxed Fit Jean size 40x34. When we received the package the shipping receipt AND the label attached to the outside of the pants said the pants were size 40x34. However, when he tried the jeans on the jeans did not fit right. We then checked the inside tag and found that they were really 36x32. We will be returning the jeans. I am usually pleased with Amazon.com however this particular item was a birthday present (he received the jeans one day before his birthday so there is no way to get a replacement pair here by tomorrow, his birthday).

Hopefully the return process will be smooth and they will send us the right size.

Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean