Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Maxwell Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

Wrangler makes a great pair of somewhat loose fitting rugged, durable jeans for any guy who wants a slightly more relaxed look to their work (or play) jeans. Moreover, these jeans are a good choice for people like me who are slightly overweight. They really do give you extra room in the thigh and the seat; and that's great!

The denim is nice and thick; and these jeans are extremely durable. The excellent stitching helps make this possible. In fact, these jeans can last for years at a time without any fraying--even at the bottoms of the legs. They are made from cotton and they are permanent press. However, I would wash these jeans with similar colors to avoid any color dye bleeding onto white garments in the wash or dryer cycle. They say that you should tumble dry these on low; but I use the permanent press settings on my dryer and that seems to work fine without any problems. They come in five colors, too. Black jeans are even possible in an office where you don't have to dress too fancy but yet blue jeans just won't be allowed, either.

Overall, these fine jeans by Wrangler easily rival any jeans made by other manufacturers. Make sure you choose the right size and color for you if you're using the pricing and availability chart above on this webpage. If you want a pair of loose fitting yet rugged, durable jeans, this may be just what you're looking for. I doubt that you'll be disappointed.
44 comments|191 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 9, 2007
I used to buy Levi's 550 relaxed fit jeans because they were an American company, but now they are no longer made in America. These Wrangler Rugged Wear jeans are similar fitting and looking as the Levi's 550 jeans and about half the price, and seem to be a better fabric than Levi's.
22 comments|120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 15, 2012
I ordered a pair of these for my husband in November 2011 and he loved them. Great fit, super comfy and looked good. So I ordered him two more pair for Christmas in the same size. Well, they fit nothing like the exact same item we'd ordered in November. They were easily a size too small and he could barely get them buttoned. I agree with the earlier reviewer; these jeans bore no resemblance to the pair we bought from Amazon only a month before. I returned them and I'm reluctant to order anymore--even in a larger size--because now I really don't know what we're going to get. Both orders of the Wrangler Men's Rugged Wear Relaxed Fit Jean were made in Mexico and had tags indicating size 33x30, but the first pair were easily an inch larger in the waist and you can tell by the numbers on the tags they must have been made in different factories. It's disappointing to say the least. If Wrangler is going to have other countries make their jeans, they need to apply consistent patterns and standards. It's called "quality control"!
1212 comments|159 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 10, 2015
After just six months the whole inside of the leg ripped open getting into the car.
review image
on January 19, 2012
Disappointed. Size I ordered from Amazon is the size I always buy/wear from stores. The pair received, while marked as correct size ordered, were almost too small for me to even get on and zipped-up right out of the bag. I can't imagine how I would have gotten them on after a few washings/shrinking. They were made in Mexico, for whatever that is worth. I don't see the point in buying clothes online anymore if you cant trust accuracy of sizing, and if that isn't trustworthy, what can one conclude about quality of materials, workmanship, etc.?
on June 27, 2011
I've been wearing Wrangler relaxed fit jeans for many years now, always ordering from Amazon because they always have my size. I may have to reconsider after the last few pair. As previous astute reviewers have mentioned, these jeans are not only missing the rivets, but they shrink A LOT. I have my own washer and dryer. I wash cold and tumble dry with cold air and still these jeans shrink WAY too much, going from comfortable to ballcrushers in one wash and dry cycle. Some reviews have mentioned defects and I have now joined that crowd. I bought a pair back in April. Do I wear my new jeans right away? No, but I like to have a backup pair or two because I wear them to work and having a new clean pair on hand is important. I tore open the packing on the new pair this morning and was wondering if I had brain damage as I sipped coffee and tried unsuccessfully to get my belt in the belt loops, wondering what was going on... until I realized the jeans HAD NO BELT LOOPS. What in the holy hell use is a pair of Wranglers without belt loops? And what has happened to the quality control of these jeans that a defect like that could go unnoticed? Since it is now near the end of June it is too late for me to return the jeans without going through all kinds of bull____, so I am EXTREMELY disappointed with Wrangler AND Amazon. Now some of you might say, "Jack, why didn't you just open the goddamned package when you got them and give them a look see?" My response? "They are Wranglers from Amazon. I checked that I got the right size and color, why should I have to check for belt loops?" Please note I'm a long-time Amazon shopper who has rarely had to return anything. So... anyone want a free pair of jean with no ____ing belt loops? For Christ's sake. I guess I'll see what Levi's has to offer in relaxed fit and hope I don't get shafted again with missing belt loops or one giant pantleg or some other insanity.

Update 2011 07 18 - Two weeks ago I unwrapped the last pair of Wranglers I had tucked away from my last purchase. For two weeks they were great - a good fit, with a bit of room in the butt and crotch (I have to bend and squat and sometimes get right down on the floor under desks at work, so a bit of room helps avoid the dreaded testicular crush). On the weekend I washed these jeans. NO detergent, just water. COLD water only, for a 20 minute wash and rinse cycle. They went in the dryer, COLD AIR DRY only, for about twenty minutes. Then I let them hang and finish drying at room temperature. When I put them on this morning they had shrunk at least 1 full size. I felt like my gonads were being crushed by an angry Sumo wrestler. That CAN'T be normal. Should I just buy jeans 2 or 3 sizes bigger from now on and assume they will shrink? This is crazy.
1212 comments|118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 13, 2014
I have bought many other pairs of jeans from Wranglers and always buy the same size, but even though these are the same waist and length they do not fit me by quite a bit. I'm wearing a pair I picked up from Walmart with the same size and the Walmart pair fit.
on April 23, 2007
One reviewer is doing a VERY GREAT disservice to purchasers of this brand of Jeans. I followed his claim that the waist size is 2 inches off and his recommendation that everyone select a size 2 inches larger. I followed his advice, and I now have a pair of jeans that not only do not fit properally, but are in fact 2 1/2 to 3 inches too big!!! Ignore the "buy oversize" claim and buy what your tape measure suggests. Just think, if I loose 10 pounds, my pants will then be 2 entire sizes TOO BIG !
33 comments|67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on August 4, 2014
Ordered two pair, both pairs the zipper stuck in the up position, once I jerked them down with a pair of pliers, the zipper started working fine. Why it got stuck on both pairs I have no idea. But fine now. A little tight but not bad, Wrangler isn't as good as they used to be, since they started making them in Mexico. When they were made in the US, they were very dependable and you got what you paid for. Now when you buy a size like for example, 30x34 it may be 30x34 or it may be 30x32, one pair is as the size says and the other pair is not. I buy two to three pairs of the same type every time, and every time they fit different, and it used to be simple, you would by say relaxed fit and that is what you got, now they have 500 different styles in relaxed fit and I can't ever find the style I have always bought and they won't ever fit the same! So confusing and never dependable on the sizes! FRUSTRATING!
on May 17, 2015
I've worn Wrangler jeans for probably three decades, but I don't think I will any more. For longer than three decades I've worn a 1 1/2-inch belt with my jeans, and the Wrangler belt loops were wide enough to easily accommodate my belts. Not this pair, unfortunately. The best loops have been reduced to just barely 1 1/2 inch, which means my belts won't go through them.

To make sure this problem wasn't just a manufacturing defect on this pair, I went to a local store and tried other Wrangler jeans. They were all the same.