Your Garage Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Jessy Lanza Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% Father's Day Gifts Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

My three year old daughter loves to be read to any chance she gets so she was beyond excited to see One Sweet Race from Disney's Wreck-it-Ralph. They say not to judge a book by it's cover but the look of delight and excitement on Paige's face when I handed it to her begs to differ!

This book is adorable with colorful and creative illustrations with equally creative characters. From their names to the way that they speak and the things that they do, these characters are unique and memorable.

The story is about Rancis (who it's really hard not to call Francis) and he wants to win a Sugar Rush Cup in a race. His kart is made entirely out of candy. My five year old didn't want to hear the story but as soon as he heard me reading about all the candy in the story, he came running!

Candy is a special treat my kids don't get often so to them, a place with candy everywhere is simply magical. When Rancis runs into trouble with his first kart, Valellope shows up and helps him build a new one. They work together to make it the best they can which is a testament of working together, true friendship and not giving up on your dreams.

One Sweet Race is magical and fun and my kids now both request to hear it over and over again.
on November 24, 2013
Would have given it five stars but one of the characters name is wrong. Writer keeps referring to Candlehead as Minty. My six year old is obsessed with Sugar Rush so he new right away that is was incorrect and pointed it out to me. Otherwise, he loves the book.
on January 13, 2016
The story takes place after the movie, so small spoiler alert for reading it. Good moral, and my niece loves Vanellope and how "smart she is" in the story. Its a really cute story.

Its got some great art by Brittney Lee who is popping up often on Disney books. I really like it as its not standard illustration. The font is unusual but easy to read despite changing colors on every page.

The character from the movie named "Candlehead" is called Minty, but this is not an error on the author's part but was actually a last minute change in the movie's production team. ...I'm a nerd for knowing that.
review image
on January 25, 2013
My kids love the story and the CD is very well done, the movie sound effects are great, but the book itself feels flimsy and cheap. It is a current favorite, but I fear that it will wear out quickly. I hope to be proven wrong. I'll let you know...
on November 10, 2012
We got this about a month before the release of the movie, and my son loves it. It's one of his go to books every night at bedtime. The artwork is very bright and colorful, and the mini story from the movie is very sweet and has a good moral.
on February 6, 2013
Neice has wanted this for awhile, got it for her for christmas and she had the cutest smile on her face!
on January 8, 2013
I bough this for my 6 year old nephew and he loves it. He has read it more than 5 times since he first got it. We are waiting for the movie to come out on DVD/Blue Ray so we can watch it.
on April 6, 2014
BOOK IS SUPER CUTE!! WOULD DEFINATELY RECOMMEND THIS TO ANY KID WHO IS A "WRECK IT RALPH" FAN & LOVES THIS MOVIE, AS WE DO OVER HERE.
on September 9, 2013
Beautiful artwork, and a very sweet story. Kids and fans of the film will absolutely love this book. Five stars.
on June 19, 2013
It was the best book eva
So I rated it full
The second page was the best-selling book eva
Bye