Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wrights 881917 Fix It Fast No Iron Hem Tape, 5-Yard
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it The Pop Ups Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on November 4, 2011
This product works as described. I used it to temporarily hold hems in my son's hand-me-down pants until I could get them pinned and hemmed. It held well - he wore one pair all day long to play without a problem. The only problem I have with this product is that there doesn't seem to be very much of it. The package claims 15 feet (5 yards) but it doesn't look like there is that much in the roll. It seems to be a bit expensive for what I'm using it for. I think you would get the best value out of this product if you needed it to temporarily alter a borrowed garment or something like that. It would be perfect for an emergency rescue kit for brides on their wedding day!
on July 11, 2012
I bought this on a whim -- we've been spending a lot less on clothes in our family - and things are taking a bit of a wear -- a few weeks back I realized I had 4 pairs of pants that fit -- but the hem was falling out so I didn't wear them...what a waste. Anyway, this morning I decided to give it a try. I opened the package and the tape roll wasn't all that big -- but it was easy enough to peel off a piece about 4 inches long...used my iron...I'm wearing the pants today. I love it. Never again will I have to wait until I have time to fix a hem -- this is a great product and really belongs in every person's closet!
Product works as advertised. Sticks to anything (even heavy denim) and holds reliably. Very thin adhesive layer, so it's hard to detect even under thin fabrics.

There are a few issues though...

One is that the adhesive doesn't hold up well to moisture - get it wet, and it's all over.

Two (and this was my biggest challenge with the product) is that the adhesive and the backing are difficult to separate. Perhaps there's a way I haven't discovered, but I find that it can be really challenging to get the paper separated from the adhesive to expose the second sticky side. I ruined quite a bit of the product trying to peel the backing off, only to get the adhesive itself twisted and stuck to itself rather than where I wanted it.

Otherwise, this is a good product and definitely worth having around for those occasional emergencies.
on September 20, 2012
You buy something like this in case of a mini-emergency, i.e. your hem falls down. In that situation, you don't want to have to spend 20 minutes fiddling with a poorly made product, which this is. This is simply a double sided tape that you can't let get wet and that must be removed prior to washing. The problem is, it comes with a backing tape that is near impossible to separate from the adhesive to get it to work. As other reviewers have said, It takes quite a while of fiddling with it and working it with your fingernails (don't even try to use this if you have short nails), and then a lot of it has ended up balled up and stuck to itself. Scotch double sided tape is much, much easier and better than this product for most fabrics.
on November 4, 2012
This hem tape holds fabrics together well using basically a better version of double sided tape. If the fabric is too fluffy it will tear it apart it is so strong. A little hard to get the backing off of the sticky side.
on March 14, 2014
For some reason I thought this tape was bigger it was small and looked used but it did the job. I don't think I'll buy more I will just go to the nearest walmart or side store
on September 15, 2013
THIS IS FOR THOSE OUT THERE LIKE MUSELF WHO WANT HEM FAST SOLUTIONS
WELL THIS IS IT !! NOT LIKE THE 99 CENT STORE STUFF THAT DOES NOT HOLD
on March 6, 2014
The Tape did not stick well and was difficult to place , have used other similar products that work much better.
on September 4, 2014