5.0 out of 5 stars A review by a nurse
I purchased this item for for professional purposes. As a nurse, I want to ensure accuracy, so I felt testing it was necessary prior to relying on it. I also want to make it clear that I will continue to test it's accuracy (similar to calibration) on a regular basis.

Published on February 6, 2007 by MagnoliaSouth

2.0 out of 5 stars Sort of Disappointed
Published on August 13, 2007 by James L. Ellis Jr.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A review by a nurse, February 6, 2007
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)

I found that it is quite accurate, but only when used properly. As the manual indicates, the key is that the wrist must be held above the heart, and if not the blood pressure reading will drop by approximately 20 mmHg (or points). When the wrist was above the heart, it was quite accurate.

I've used many wrist cuffs over the years and the one thing I've always disliked about any automated cuff (even for the upper arm) is the over inflation, which is often painful and quite annoying. This one is very comfortable and does not over inflate itself.

The readout screen is very large and easy to see, and it is fairly simple to use. The one downfall that I found is that there is no way to turn off the power, or if there is, I've not figured out how and the manual offers no clear instruction on this. That said, it does shut itself off and there is a little badly worded blurb in the manual which perhaps indicates that it shuts off after one minute, and after using it this sounds about right. I don't particularly care for that feature, as this is an additional minute on battery time which I would prefer to save.

All in all this is a good blood pressure cuff and is lightweight, easy to use, accurate as well as inexpensive. That makes for a good buy in my opinion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Small, quick, easy, but finicky., August 8, 2004
D. Braasch "Dan Braasch" (Lake In The Hills, IL USA) - See all my reviews
I tried off-and-on for the first 2 days owning this to get a good and consistant reading. The readings were almost always high, or occasionally ridiculously low. I was about to send it back when I decided to try something. In the quick reference instructions, they show a picture of something supporting the forearm to keep it at heart level, but don't say what this item is in the text. If you read the full instruction manual (RTFM, STUPID!!!!) they call it an armrest. Later in the manual they suggest using an object such as the carry case to support your arm.

Turns out, the top of the small carrying case the monitor comes in is nicely curved and angled to fit your forearm, and when I set it up like in the picture, the readings became consistant, and the readings came quite close to my other, larger electronic monitor with arm-cuff and bulb (which I have had checked out at my doctor's office, and is very accurate).

So it seems that this unit likes to be used only one way, and if you do that, it appears to work quite well. Now I like it, and am going to keep it. It is interesting how sensitive it is to position compared to my other monitor, however.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great little device, November 15, 2006
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
I actually bought mine from a different vendor, paying $10 more for it, before I found it on Amazon. I am very satisfied with the product. Excellent value at either price. It works great, and has memory locations to store previous readings for me and my wife. (it actually has 3 memory locations)

5.0 out of 5 stars Handy Wrist Blood Pressure Monitor, April 7, 2006
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
I am extremely happy with this little device! It has been a major help in monitoring my blood pressure and has helped me to know exactly what time of day is best to take my medication. The compact size makes it easy to carry anywhere, it's readout is very easy to read, and it is very simple to use. I highly reccomend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Monitor!, September 16, 2007
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
I bought the WrisTech Blood Pressure Monitor hoping to find an inexpensive, portable machine that would be close to accurate as possible. I would be comparing this to blood pressure checks from my doctor.
After receiving the WrisTech and using it for a couple of months, each and every check has been fairly close to what I have been receiving at the doctor using the regular arm cuff.
I've read the other reviews and I'm not sure why they were having difficulties, but this has been an excellent little machine for me and my family. I check my results both day and night and they have been consistent as compared to the doctor's office every two weeks. I think there has been from 1-5 points off. I think that's terriffic for such an inexpensive piece of equipment. Like anything you buy that has been made, perhaps there were a couple of flawed units out there. WrisTech Blood Pressure Monitor

2.0 out of 5 stars Sort of Disappointed, August 13, 2007
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
I experimented with the placement of this monitor on my wrist and level of it relative to my heart. It seemed to be relatlive consistent in most all positions but the readings were quite high to what I was accustomed to what my Doctor typically found when blood pressure was checked in his office so he placed a 24 hr monitor on me to record readings about every 15 minutes. The printout of those readings showed very slight variation in my blood pressure but consistently 20-25 points LOWER than what the wrist monitor had been showing. I'v concluded that the wrist monitor is CONSISTENT but reads higher than my actual blood pressure. Knowing this doesn't discourage me from recommending the monitor so long as one is willing to accept this error reading and compensate for it when taking their blood pressure with it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wristech Review and Question, August 15, 2008
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
Hello All, I purchased this monitor for my Mom and at times she gets a reading about 15-20 points lower than readings taken by her Doctor, but at other times its within 5 points. I own and use the same monitor for last 4 years and my readings are always within 5-8 points with the doctors which she says is fine and she has nothing bad to say about wrist monitors and thats coming from a top cardiologist and Uconn Medical center in CT!

I've taken this monitor to my health club and did readings on some of my friends there and they all said they got the same readings at their doctors give or take 5 points.

I know BP moves up and down all day long and also the anxiety factor at the Docs has to be factored in..so Im assuming this point diff at times is not a big worry. Just wanted to ask, many say to hold wrist above heart level when taking readings, when directions say hold even with heart, which is correct....?
thank you in advance...

email me at: advance.pc@hotmail.com

Mark D.

5.0 out of 5 stars Incredibly easy to use and accurate but not idiot proof, November 10, 2008
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
Very accurate and consistent if used properly. As long as your wrist is between your heart and head level and the wrist strap is not too tight around the wrist to start with (the problem most people have). My results have always been well within 5 pts after multiple readings in 1 hours time. The numbers correlate well with my doctor's readings (I took it into the office and the Dr was impressed). I've owned it for over 5 years and it's still working great!

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, August 9, 2008
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
this was the best product i have bought so far,it really works great.it is accrate and right on the mark with the one that wraps around the arm.i am a cna and caregiver i work at a group home and watch the nurses take blood pressures and i toke mine in to work and asked the nurse if she would use it just to see what she got and then use the wrap around one and they were the same numbers she said she liked the wrist one better,so do i.thank you

1.0 out of 5 stars Inaccurate, March 21, 2007
This review is from: Wristech Blood pressure monitor (Kitchen)
I got this monitor for the price and easy to take with me. I need to monitor my blood pressure during the day and the regular types are just too bulky to take with so I thought I would use a wrist one. This one give very high readings compared to other monitors I use at the same time. And with 5-10 minutes the reading vary by 20-30 points. My blood pressure does not vary that much when I have not moved. It is not worth the cheap price to buy.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›