5.0 out of 5 stars For $14, What's NOT To Like?!
Published on May 1, 2008 by Tumazon

3.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward Sports Watch
Published on April 1, 2008 by Tomcat R8ing

5.0 out of 5 stars For $14, What's NOT To Like?!, May 1, 2008
I already own the Timex Ironman 'Triathlon' GPS watch which I use for running. I wanted an inexpensive, but attractive, digital with a bit larger time display for casual wear - the time display on the Ironman is only about 2/3 the size of the 1440's. Setup was easy (normal display items plus daily alarm, 24-hour display and 'other' time zone); display size (the time, at any rate) is quite adequate; the watch is attractive. All the buttons worked fine for me . . . The only complaint I have is that the 'date' (day of month) display is easily partly obscured by any shadow cast by the high edge of the 1440 logo ledge at the top of the display. Also, the diameter of the face, at about 26mm, seems a tad small. However, this really is nit picking. The 1440 is a decent, attractive, 'name' digital at an unbeatable price!

4.0 out of 5 stars For $15 - Great watch, August 2, 2011
This watch has already racked up a bunch of informative reviews, so I'll just add this brief personal experience:

I do a lot of working out, including jogging. I also mountainbike. I need a training watch to be rugged, simple, waterproof/sweatproof, have an alarm an a countdown timer. I also don't want to invest too much into a sports watch, as I tend to destroy them far before their natural service lives would otherwise be over with. I have Boss watches and Tag Heuers for professional life - I need near-disposable watches for when crashing my bicycle or banging my hands against iron weights.

This watch looks the sporty part, does everything I need so far, and it's so inexpensive that when the battery dies (if it survives that long), I will probably just replace the entire watch with a new one.

Four out of five stars due to not knowing how long the battery will last, or just how rugged it will end up being. For $14.88, though, it's already proved itself a bargain.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Christmas Gift, January 4, 2011
I recently purchased this watch for my 12yrs. old son. Since opening it on Christmas morning he has not parted with it. He loves the luminated feature as well as the bold numbers. I would recommend this for any one. Apart from the mentioned features the Resin strap is a plus as it is very durable. A total value for money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great watch, One Flaw, June 18, 2008
This watch is great. Just got mine about 1 week ago, but there is one problem. Most people wouldn't notice this, but there is no option to turn the beep off when switching between the Clock, Stopwatch Etc. But otherwise a great watch for 15 Dollars!

3.0 out of 5 stars Straight Forward Sports Watch, April 1, 2008
Watch just arrived. It is a simple straight forward sports watch. Still like Timex for their Indiglo feature. It is one of the industry's best affordable timepiece illumination. The only downside to this watch is personal preference. I do not care much for the date feature. I would like it much more if they stayed with the Ironman style with the simple 2 letter readout (SU, MO, TU, WE, etc...) instead of the black dot. Looks like a work horse for years to come. Have always owned an Ironman and stuck with it but decided to see if quality was across the board. I feels like a nice sturdy piece and may replace my Ironman (temporarily) as it is about to retire.

A good inexpensive watch with straight forward easy to read display. Indiglo, a must have...

4.0 out of 5 stars A good digital watch for the vision impaired, March 15, 2011
This watch is good value for the price. I'm 55, so I really appreciate the large font. I swim with it, run with it, shower with it, and use the stopwatch functions simultaneously. The only drawback is the easy-to-scratch glass face. It is really easy to scratch.

5.0 out of 5 stars timex1440 watch, July 14, 2010
irJIM (northern, CA USA) - See all my reviews
Works like a Timex...great watch, large numbers and simple interface as expected as I don't even miss my Timex Ironman sports watch.

4.0 out of 5 stars A great work horse for a really great price but I decided later on that the face was too small when exercising, May 4, 2010
I have a few expensive watches but decided to get a watch that I can use when exercising without having to worry about losing or damaging it. This watch fits the bill, it does almost everything you want it to do. I initially thought that the display was good sized, but after using it a couple of times for running, I found that it was not big enough (for me at least) so I decided to give it away and bought another timex with a bigger (44mm) face.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Value, May 24, 2010
CA EV Owner (Glendale, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This watch has a very large, clear display - perfect for older eyes. I use it every day for lap swimming. I have been through more than a dozen watches after decades of running and I have a GPS watch, several dress watches, but the simplicity and functionality of this - at a terrific price - make this a great choice.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, February 3, 2010
The watch face scratched after a few days since it's only a plastic polymer. The paint is wearing off after 3 weeks from friction against other surfaces. I like that it has Chrono, timer, alarm, time, and date. I am eager to test out the water resist feature this summer. It held up well in the shower. Overall, it's holding up and it performs well. I also like that the band is molded so it is much harder to catch on objects and pop it off. Indiglo: thumbs up but it stays lit and slowly fades when you let go. If I ever go a reconnaissance mission deep in enemy territory this excess illumination could pose a problem.