Truck Month Summer Reading Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Shop now Amazon Cash Back Offer LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship LoveandFriendship  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Outdoor Recreation SnS

Format: Paperback|Change

on October 14, 2000
Every college student should have a copy of "Write For College." It contains information on so many things, for instance, the writing process, revising, proofreading, sentence structure, grammer, writing a college essay, resumes, reports, analytical writing, literary analysis, MLA and APA documentation style, note taking, test taking, building a vocabulary, speech giving, punctuation, capitalization, spelling, weights and measures, the periodic table of the elements, world maps, and the U.S. Constitution. There is even a section that has tips on how to deal with test anxiety! It is well worth EVERY penny. This is an indispensable resource.
on January 19, 2001
I have used this book for a high school composition class for the last 3 years. Every time I read through it, I learn something new! This is definitely one to read with a highliter in hand. My students have found this book helpful, and many have purchased their own copy for college use. My best results have been with the advanced level students, although all writing levels have benefitted from it. Read and re-read it again. Enjoy!
on September 12, 1997
Write for College is a very informative student handbook. This guide provides a wide array of information ranging from writing and grammer to computer terms and learning skills. It gives the reader a great sum of knowledge that will help them succeed in college. This information-packed book even has a small almanac in it.

Adjusting to the book's format does take a little time. The book does not have page numbers; instead, it has topic numbers. Sometimes, there may be five topics on a page, and other time there may be only one. But none the less, this is an exceptional guide that every college-bound high school student should get.
on April 27, 2002
I'm returning to college after 15 years of being in the "real world" and this book is great. I have a lot of natural writing ability and overall, I'm comfortable with the writing process. But it has been awhile since I've had to sit down and write a college position/research paper and I don't recall ever being required to use the MLA document style before! It's great to be able to pick and choose through the sections of this book as I need them!
on May 25, 2006
Hey, I'm way past college age but when I went back to school and was told that all my papers had to be submitted in APA format, I was lost. American Pilots Association rules??? It's actually the American Psychological Association rules. Anyway, all the different formats are available in this book. There are tons of examples. I know it works, When I go my Bachelor's Degree, I got A's all the time and I wouldn't if the papers weren't formatted right. What you write is important but if you put it in the wrong format, you're starting out in the hole. Give yourself an advantage and get this book now!

Update (Oct 2008) Well I've gone back to Graduate School and had sold my book so I bought it again. That's the faith I have in this book.
on September 20, 2002
I used this book in an advanced class in High School, and I plan to continue using it through college. It is very easy to read, follow, and understand, and very helpful to almost anyone who will use it. I would recommend this book to any person who will have to do a lot of writing.
on November 17, 2010
I ordered this book after I made a 75 on an APA style paper due to wrong resources off of the internet. I was able to redo my paper and made a 95 on it becuase of this book giving me the right guidelines. I skimmed through the rest of the book and I am able to tell you that I will deffinitely use this book for the rest of my life to write a lot of different things. I highly recommend this book for anybody from middle school, high school, college and even beyond in the different fields of work.
on January 11, 2016
I was given this book by my high school English teacher, and I've used it regularly since. Recently, my daughter has been complaining about her struggles to understand different types of writing, so I ordered her a copy. She uses it daily for everything from English essays to Chemistry lab documentation. I will be ordering several more copies for the rest of my children as they reach high school.

I tell everyone I know to buy a copy for their children and themselves. This book contains valuable instruction on all kinds of writing (not just "for college"). It's an excellent investment!
on November 1, 2012
I have used this recently for tutoring a beginning college student in writing essays. She had lots of problems (both of her parents are writers--wouldn't you expect the child to have issues with writing?). This was easily the best guide that she had ever seen. As a tutor I find that it helps me address all sorts of issues that are not touched in many of the standard writing textbooks.

Note: These folks have a whole series of books out on the craft of writing, a book targeted to middle schoolers (or even before) up through this book for people in college (or preparing to write for college in senior year of high school). Interestingly, many of the books are formatted similarly--that is, they cover the same topics. I have found that "Write for College" is good for college students, but also good for 9-th graders--and I don't mean that it is dumbed down at all for high schoolers--it really works for students at various levels. (The format is similar, but the depth, language, and samples of writing are very appropriate to the targetted grade level.)

I have always loved finding a book that has just the right information, lots of it, that I can use, and little that I can't--not a typical thing for most textbooks. This is one of the good ones--a great Swiss Army Knife for a tutor, and for a teacher.
on April 8, 2014
I bought this book some years ago. I never opened it due to lack of time. Now it has come handy -too handy in fact. I think this is the best manual of writing I've ever seen. The format is appealing to the eye; the explanations are concise, to the point and clear. I consider this book a MUST for anyone interested in polishing his/her writing techniques.
You can find answers that are difficult to get in a classroom.... This book has become my best friend ever!