Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Water Sports

on April 9, 2012
As someone who is currently trying to attract media attention for a novel (a hard sell in any economy!), Steven Lewis' book caught my eye. Though I haven't yet put his ideas into practice, I can already see that his tips are going to help tighten up my writing and get my message across to the right people.

Why? Because he's done it himself, and shares his success stories with you, in point-by-point detail, to explain how he creates the perfect press release.

As a blogger, I also appreciated the way he mentioned going after blog publicity with a little more finesse than the "Here's my press release!" email. Though I've worked as a journalist and don't feel particularly offended by receiving a press release served straight, I'm always annoyed by PR hacks who don't even research my blog for the 10 seconds it'd take to find out its (very obvious) themes and interests, much less address me by name. Lewis gently sets people straight, pointing out that if you think the blogger is doing enough right that you think their mentioning your book/product/service will benefit you, then you ought to lead with that and make it obvious that you aren't just CC'ing a million other people about this item. Bloggers dig the personal touch, and the more human (and less spammy robot) you seem, the better things work for all involved.

Looking forward to implementing some of Lewis' tips and tricks in my next press release!
on August 10, 2012
As an author looking for PR, I found this incredibly useful. The anecdotes Steven uses to illustrate the points are useful as it explains the why behind the what. Finding a hook to see a story, or a lens through which to see it is key, as well as writing the release in such a way that it makes it easy for the journalist to use. This book is packed with information that, if utilised, will enable authors & business people to get PR on their own, without the use of an expensive publicist.
on June 2, 2013
This book tells you everything you need to know about writing press releases yourself. Steven Lewis breaks it down into very easy to understand chunks. He also gets rid of myths and reveals common mistakes. I especially liked learning how to get into the mind of the journalist and having story angles instead of just thinking the story is all about me (Small World Syndrome). I'm about to write my first press release draft TONIGHT!
on January 28, 2013
I have been trained in newspaper journalism, and how to rewrite press releases. What I really needed in my job as a literacy administrative assistant was how to originally write them. Lewis presents the major issues writers need to realize when writing a press release. Awesome information, good reading.
on April 13, 2014
There were a number of good points made by the author, though it's pretty standard information that can be gleaned reading so much that's available for free on the web. But Lewis has his own perspectives that is helpful. While this is not an Earth-shattering breakthrough -- I don't think such a thing is possible -- I'd recommend it if you don't already have another book on writing press releases. If you do, much will be redundant.
on May 27, 2016
Excellent resource. It's extremely helpful for folks like myself that tend to look too deep into things.
on September 9, 2012
This is the definitive guide to perform an annoying but necessary task in any area of self-promotion. The author also has an extremely valuable web site.
on October 2, 2012
i just was not very impressed with the book and hope you find another source to help your PR education.