Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Melvins Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Paperback|Change

on September 7, 2007
I am a credentialed teacher who now tutors only. I bought this book primarily for ESL students who were learning to write in English. My three ESL students this past summer had very well-developed English vocabularies, but found it hard to put their ideas into English writing. Creating "Super Sentences" was a major help.

I also introduced the book to native English writers in grades 2-4. The book helped them see how they could easily vary their sentences by changing the position of some of the "formula" parts.

I then took the book one step further. After each lesson was finished, we cut and saved all of the suggested phrases in a personal reference book. I highly recommend the book to parents and teachers who are helping children grow beyond simple three word sentences.

Also, the book does flow well into the recommended partner, Fabulous Paragraphs.

Linda in Anaheim, CA
on February 17, 2012
I am a homeschooling mom and I am always on the lookout for new, fun and engaging activities, this one sure fits the bill! We just used this for the first time today and it was a HUGE hit! We used the "level 2" sentence organizer and discussed nouns, verbs and adjectives. Then, we filled out the chart with at least 5 words for each category. They were all giggles while coming up with adjectives for the pig. Next, they wrote their "super sentence" on a copy of the "activity page" and colored it in - they turned out great! We are going to keep them on the fridge for a few days and then put them in a folder to make a book. My son is dyslexic and dysgraphic and this activity was great for him; short, sweet and direct! We are planning to use these for Fun Fridays - 2 thumbs up!
on June 12, 2005
I purchased this book to use with second graders (many of whom are in the process of learning English). I have found the activities to be useful in assisting students in assembling grammatically correct extended sentences. The kids also have a great time coming up with funny sentence parts. This is a good book to purchase if you're looking for a short daily exercise to assist students with sentence construction.
on February 13, 2008
This book is GREAT. It's really helped me have my second graders actually break down and look at their sentences in a simple way. It's wonderful.
on January 16, 2016
My 6th grader is having problems with sentences being too long and not using punctuation. This book is very very very basic. It did help and we refer to it because it helps your child understand nouns, verbs, adjectives. It sets the stage for a good sentence helping children go back to basics on sentence structure in an easy way. But this was taught on the first 3 pages of this book. The rest was just repeating the same things with different (easy) assignments. This book was definitely meant for a teacher to use.
on November 6, 2013
I wish I could give this more stars. This really helped my students understand the elements of a sentence and made the parts of speech easier to understand. They now have a "recipe" to follow to make sure their sentences are actually sentences AND interesting to the reader.
on July 10, 2013
This is an excellent way to teach students how to write good, complete sentences. I have used it in my classroom and would recommend it for all elementary school teachers. Step by step and very easy to understand for both the teacher and students.
on November 16, 2014
This book really helped our 8 yr olds understand basic sentence structure. I love Evan Moor products. This is a great one to start with kids who are about grade 2. It gives them pictures for story prompts and is easy to use.
on February 17, 2013
I'm always looking for additional practice work for my students. These type of books save hours of online searching for skill specific practice.
on February 1, 2014
My students just loved a year of learning how to write a super sentence! The graphic organizer that promotes brainstorming was a fun way to begin each lesson and the pictures that go with each topic are great. We did this lesson once a week all year and I love how it built on itself.