Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: How to Write & Sell Simple Information for Fun and Profit: Your Guide to Writing and Publishing Books, E-Books, Articles, Special Reports, Audio Programs, DVDs, and Other How-To Content
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Showing 1-8 of 8 reviews(3 star). Show all reviews
on April 15, 2011
The book provided a lot of good ideas, e.g. taking your existing materials and making audio programs/DVDs out of them, but felt light on specifics and implementation. While reading the book, I would frequently search the web for more information regarding the specific topic. After doing that for a while, I began to wonder why I purchased the book.

For me, it's best used as a quick "ah ha, I'll do that" type book for sparking ideas, with more in-depth research done elsewhere.
77 comments|101 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 8, 2012
I bought this book to get some useful tips and I am not disappointed.

However, I wonder if the book could not have been written in less than half its length.

Also I found the cross selling efforts within the book somewhat irritating.

In spite of this the book is useful.
on April 15, 2011
This is an average book. While the author insists your written product is 'simple information', gleaning the publishing information from this book is anything but simple. I was hoping to get some concise and applicable publishing tips. While you might extract some specifics, they are far and few between- and the same old 'same ole'. I also felt the old school tone of salesmanship in this writing... as if the book was not truly for my benefit, but for the author who could con the masses to send money for such redundant, common sense information. I felt a bit 'taken'... but perhaps that was the point? Either way, I wasn't very impressed... obviously.
on March 24, 2013
This book is written for beginning writers and entrepreneurs who have never actually earned a living from writing. Once I realized there was nothing in it that was really novel or new, I traded it in for Amazon credit. If you're new to the information marketing scene however, this book could be primer to get up to speed with.
on February 3, 2012
I have been a fan of Bob Bly's for years & read a number of his books. This book is a good, basic guide for those who are just starting to consider getting into information marketing. It is easy to read & digest, compared to some books that are so long & overwhelming. He touches on all the major topics, but for more in-depth information, you may need to find other resources.
on October 26, 2011
Honestly, I like this book for the following reasons:

- Simple language, easy to understand.
- New ideas according to the new techonologies.
- Brief, no rambling around.
- Useful as hell (if you are a beginner).

The one thing that could be improved is giving more information about the actual writing, and not focusing only in the "selling". If you give it a try, I recommed chapters 2, 4 and 14.
on November 14, 2014
I must like the look of this cover since i clicked on it. When the view was enlarged I was puzzled to see a blurb, right at the top of the cover from Herschel Gordon Lewis! Holy cow! The Master of gore films has read and recommends this book?! Blood Feast is crazy! See it if you can.
I'm not sure that's enough to make me buy, but it did stop me long enough to write this note. I'm already writing simple information for fun (but no profit). The end.
on December 19, 2012
Very simple easy to understand. Needs a follow up step by step how to do book. Buy it, don't buy it. Your choice.