5.0 out of 5 stars The best tool for student writers!
When I was in 7th grade I first purchased this book, and I have used the guidelines outlined in it ever since. There is quite a lot of valuable information packed into the book!
Published on May 28, 2000 by David Bennett

3.0 out of 5 stars Three Stars
ordered the wrong book... had to send it back.
Published 3 months ago by Melody

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars The best tool for student writers!, May 28, 2000
This review is from: Write Source 2000: A Guide to Writing, Thinking and Learning (Paperback)
There are sections on Basic Grammar and Writing Elements, the Art of Writing, Personal Writing (such as in a journal), Subject Writing (such as a news story), Creative writing (such as poetry), Thinking skills, etc.
One of the most helpful parts of the book is the "Yellow Pages" section, which is basically a grammar tour de force that explains subordinate clauses and other potentially difficult elements of English Grammar. Perhaps the most useful part of this section is the "Using the Right Word" section. It has commonly misused words, such as "Effect" and "Affect." It has each word properly defined and used correctly in a sentence as an example.
Finally at the end is a tables of weights and measures, a periodic table, a Morse code alphabet, a world map set, historical documents such as the Emancipation Proclamation, etc.
What more can I say? I am now 22 and I rediscovered this book a week ago, and it is still just as relevant today as it was then. The book also plenty of interesting illustrations to keep any student ages 8-17 satisfied, but it also has quite a lot of clearly explained writing guidelines. It is amazing, and should improve the writing power of whoever would use it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A writing and thinking handbook with some voice!, August 22, 1999
By A Customer
Write Source 2000 is one of the most valuable tools in my sixth grade language arts classroom. I have used it in place of the state adopted grammar book for two years with great success. Students find its colorful layout and relaxed voice nonthreatening and fun to use. It offers wonderful suggestions for writing, reading, and thinking, and I recommend this book to any teacher or parent seeking quality educational materials. Parents of children older than twelve or so might try the sister book Writer's Inc.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book for Teachers and Students!, July 9, 2002
Harrison Jackson (Cambridge, MA USA) - See all my reviews
If you've ever had a problem defining preposition, or needed a way to explain ellipses, then you should buy this book. I teach an English class for refugee children, and this book has proved an invaluable teaching tool. My kids find the explanations clear, while I grin when I see higher scores on my grammar quizs. And for a textbook, this is CHEAP!
I highly recomend this book. I myself used in in middle school, refered to it in high school, cleared up obscure grammar points with it in college, and now laud it as a teaching tool. You will not be sorry you purchased this book!

5.0 out of 5 stars An excellent book for school and for fun, June 1, 2004
This book has a wealth of knowledge about a variety of subjects. First of all, it's a great writing source back. It has lots of great tips and suggestions. There's a section on grammar, and it actually uses humor to make it more entertaining. The book is easy to read and the layout is very attractive. This book is useful for both kids and adults, and there's always something you can use in this book. There's a reference section also with lots of useful information.

5.0 out of 5 stars Gramma steals kids' book!, March 17, 2006
How fortunate the younger generation is to have such an amazing resource! I ordered my own copy when my grandson needed his back, and learn something new every time I open it. Great for crossword puzzles, writing for genealogy class, my office job, and just plain letter writitng.

5.0 out of 5 stars This Book Rocks!, March 2, 2000
Robert Rosenthal (Cherry Hill, New Jersey) - See all my reviews
The Write Source 2000 is a great resource to have by your side. My grades were really bad in writing when I started the school year. When I got the Write Source 2000 it taught me how to write any paragraph or essay. I also used it for other stuff besides writing. This book is very good resource.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Best Language Arts Resource for Any Student. Every home should have a copy of this exceptional resource., June 23, 2013
"Write Source 2000" is an exceptional resource for any student or person wanting help in English skills and writing. Don't miss out on having a copy of this book in your home. As a teacher and school principal I could not recommend this book enough to the families in my school. it is easy to find what you need and almost anything you need to know about English and writing can be found in this book. For example: Do you know the difference between their, there and they're or insure and ensure? Do you need help writing a paragraph or a speech? All of this information is available in easy to use language in the "Write Source 2000".

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Material, August 22, 2012
Of all the books I got in high school, this was the only one I held on to for years afterwards. It's more about how grammar works in practice, taught so clearly and so basic, that even a child can understand. It's a great source for quick reference in a variety of different writing types, from essays to creative writing. And it's easy to use.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, December 3, 2008
P. Jackson (Detroit, MI USA) - See all my reviews
This book is fantastic. I bought both copies this one and the writers book. They are very similar but there are some differences. I thought I was getting a workbook with this one, which would be a great idea...hint, hint... but I would recommend any of the books in this series.

5.0 out of 5 stars great resource, January 27, 2013
great resouce and reference book for kids writing book reports. would highly reccomend for and student doing a paper. helps you document any source among lots of other benefits.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Write Source 2000: A Guide to Writing, Thinking and Learning
Write Source 2000: A Guide to Writing, Thinking and Learning by GREAT SOURCE (Paperback - January 1, 1999)
$31.95 $30.35