Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Rules for Writers with Writing about Literature (Tabbed Version)
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on July 18, 2013
If you are a writer or aspiring to be a writer, this is the book for you. It is concise, compact and user friendly. Even if you are not a student, it is a good book to have on hand to help you with grammar or writing or doing citations.
on September 2, 2012
Since school only started this week, I haven't used this book extensively. My instructor insisted that her students must have this (7th) edition as there were quite a few changes from Hacker's "yellow book" (the previous edition). I used the 6th edition last year and I found it very informative, in addition to being easy to use. I particularly like the tabs on this book, as it shortens the time spent searching for a particular topic.
on July 20, 2015
Every student needs this book. In fact, every person needs this book. With the advent of social media, comma splices and poor grammer have become an all too common trend. As a teaching assistant at a local university, I've noticed that shoddy grammer dominates most papers. This book would serve to enlighten those students in the same way that its helped me hone my writing skills.
on October 8, 2012
This manual is one of the most used books in my college studies. This manual will help you in any class that requires writing papers of any kind. I like the fact that they use real world examples for the citations and they have both APA and MLA styles to use.
on January 6, 2015
Ordered because it was a required text for a college class. Keeping it instead of selling it back because it is a GREAT reference and very compact. I keep it in my backpack. MLA & APA examples and info. Love the section of commonly confused words in the back (accept vs except, affect vs effect, lie vs lay, etc). Super helpful! I'm a writing tutor at my college and find that I use this resource to help students that come in. The tabs are AWESOME! Will certainly order another one when a new edition is available. Now we just need one of these for Chicago/Turabian & AP style!
on March 24, 2014
Got it on time and in perfect condition. Just what I needed and it's a spiral bond. The pic doesn't show that BUT it is!

Using it for school, so as we go thru i will make sure every page is there and be sure to give an updated reveiw if neccessary.
on February 6, 2014
Well written. Helps the student construct excellent essays and prose. Highly recommend for any writer that wants to hone their skills
on April 15, 2013
This book was recommended to me by a English major student. I was having difficulty with proper APA formatting from various sources. This book explains it quite well. I'm glad I purchased the reference book. When my degree is completed, I'll place in my reference library at work.
on September 22, 2013
The tabbed version is the one to buy. It's easy to use and makes sense. so buy this version you'll like it
on March 4, 2014
good quality, and it is just the one that i need for my english class, and i very like it.