5.0 out of 5 stars 3am Knucklehead
So, I did indeed stay up until 3am (eastern) so I could hear this as soon as it released - Amazon did not disappoint and I got the mp3s a few minutes before 3, actually.

Published 7 months ago by Mike B

3.0 out of 5 stars I have really enjoyed their albums
I am a Fan of this band. I have really enjoyed their albums, and their take it or leave it attitude. They are amazing live! That being said, this 2nd half of the release doesn't have the same impact as the first half. Almost comes across like some old B side compilations. Not bad, just not as good as...well.....honestly....anything else they have released. I would say...
Published 3 days ago by Eurometal Fan

5.0 out of 5 stars 3am Knucklehead, November 19, 2013
Mike B (DeKalb, IL USA) - See all my reviews

I can *very* much hear and appreciate why FFDP wanted to release all the tracks from Volume 1 and 2 and not sit on any of them (personally I would have loved it if volume 1 was "Wrong side of heaven" and vol 2 was "And the righteous side of hell" rather than vol 1-2, but eh, awesome music > CD titles). Every track I've heard is driving, moving, or both.

I was grinning like an idiot when I heard "Cold" start up - the lyrics from Black Blood Orchestra, with FFDP music! I think it's awesome that Ivan's bringing his old songs up to be heard by a bigger audience!

I'll try to expand the review once I get some sleep, but for now I can be a very happy and sleepy knucklehead!

5.0 out of 5 stars The Death Punch Sound IS Their Claim To Fame!!!, November 21, 2013
This review is from: The Wrong Side Of Heaven And The Righteous Side Of Hell [Explicit] (MP3 Music)
Volume 2 is here and was very much worth the wait (even though it was only a few months). It's musical sound fits very well with volume 1 but has it's own style to stand on it's own. This time around there are no collaborations or duets (not that there was anything wrong with them, I enjoyed them) and I was happy with that (the more of Ivan's voice heard, the better IMO). What I was kinda surprised about was that there really wasn't any kind of referencing to volume 1. I would have really liked to have a split story kind of deal, maybe with volume 1 being more the wrong side of heaven and volume 2 the righteous side of hell,,, something like that if it makes sense. But it's nothing to complain about, the album is excellent and will not disappoint. To me the band keeps getting better as time passes. As for the songs themselves.... I'll start with the exciting surprises. Cold and The House of the Rising Sun. Cold is a remake from Ivan's past with Black Blood Orchestra. I had only discovered BBO by accident awhile ago and I think it's great for Ivan to bring his past work into the present. The song is awesome and haunting all at once. And House of the Rising Sun, I have to say I love this unexpected cover. So many artists have covered this folk song, and I have liked past versions, but to hear Ivan sing it makes me feel the song was meant to be sung by him. I hope to hear more songs like this on their future albums.

I'm not going to do a song by song breakdown for this album as I do not feel there is a need. There is not a single song to skip on this album and no filler. The Agony of Regret is the one instrumental song on the album, but it's just over a minute and a half, so if you aren't the biggest instrumental fan out there, you'll still be good(I'm not much of one and I was fine). The rest of the songs are exactly what you expect from the band and all 5 of them work together to make some killer sounds.

My personal favorites this time around are: Here to Die, Wrecking Ball, Cradle to the Grave and A Day in My Life. I love all the songs on here but these are the 4 I truly enjoy because they are the ones that make me feel as if Ivan is pulling excerpts from my own life. That's another reason I love this band, besides the awesome music, I really feel like they relate to the average guy (or at least do a very good job of trying to).

Anyway once again I highly recommend this album to all fans and potential new fans of the band. If this is your starting point, make sure to do yourself a favor and experience the rest of their stuff. (also if you like Ivan's voice and his style be sure to check out his other works like Ghost Machine, Motograter, Black Blood Orchestra....) If you are already a Knucklehead, then get this now if you haven't already and immerse yourself in it. That's what I've been doing these last couple days and what I will be doing for an indefinite amount of days to come. GOOD STUFF!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid FFDP Album, November 19, 2013
Amazing!? Yes. This album does not fall short of any other FFDP album. FFDP is keeping the music to the core of their style but evolving just enough to keep it interesting. If you have enjoyed the previous FFDP albums you will for sure enjoy this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Redeemed, December 18, 2013
Having been an avid FFDP fan since the early days, I was surprisingly disappointed with Wrong Side Vol. 1. It felt bland and quickly thrown together. Vol. 2, however, is classic Death Punch. Strong lyrics, fast-paced and unique riffs and beats, all mixed with just the right amount of occasional ballads. I'll be listening to this album for a long time.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it!!, December 2, 2013
I've been a FFDP fan since the beginning but I must say I really wasn't too thrilled with vol. 1 so I was a little scared to listen to this one. Much better!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this band., December 12, 2013
Awesome stuff, there is a reason it was #2 on the charts when it came out. Great driving or work out cd. I think it is even better than Vol. 1.

5.0 out of 5 stars FFDP does it again!, November 20, 2013
Hearing a snippet of "here to die" and the release of "battle born" got me super excited for the whole cd. I knew the guys wouldn't let us down! The new cd is incredible and it's fun to see friends that made it on the love concert DVD!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, December 18, 2013
Like all from FFDP this thing ROCKS. Glad to hear they didn't change it up for mainstream like so many before them have keep rocking it

5.0 out of 5 stars mr. moody and crew of five finger death punch do it again!!!, December 12, 2013
Every song is impressive! I love 5fdp! Hope they enjoy doing it cause I love listeing... House of the rising sun it's the best cover I've ever heard!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, March 19, 2014
Has to be their best album to date. House of the rising sun is my favorite also battle born. Would definitely recommend this album.

Rate and Discover Movies