Wubbzy: Best of Walden
Format: DVDChange
Price:$9.99 + Free shipping with Amazon Prime

This year I have had the chance to watch a few new cartoons that I have never heard of before. Last weekend, I watched the DVD Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! Best of Walden, which I received a complimentary copy in exchange for my honest review.

Wow! Wow! Wubbzy! aired from 2006 to 2010 on Nick Jr., totaling fifty-two episodes (two segments per episode) and two movies.

The Best of Walden DVD features six episodes about Wubbzy's friend Walden, who is the bookish, kindhearted, science nerd of the series. In these six twelve-minute episodes, Walden bakes a marshmallow lasagna, finds a strange elephant-like-creature in his yard, catches the Chickenitis, collects figgety-fig leaves, learns how to swim and how to be cool.

The episodes on the single disc are:

Perfecto Party

Bonus Features are:

Coloring Activity Sheets
Music Videos
Bonus Episode: Come Spy With Me

Animation styles have changed since I was a kid, but I do like the comic book style animation in Best of Walden. The character reminds me of myself as Walden loves books. Each episode is cute and has a great message for children. I especially liked the bonus episode titled Come Spy With Me, where Wubbzy and Widget spy on Walden. Overall, I enjoyed watching the DVD and I recommend it to others.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon April 11, 2013
My kids have always been Wow Wow Wubbzy fans so they were thrilled to watch Best of Walden, the third in the "Best of" Wubbzy DVD series. Walden is Wubbzy's loveable friend known for his intelligence and creativity.

I've always loved the unique magical world Wubbzy and his friends live in. The bright color and distinct shapes really capture pre-schoolers attention. Their silly humor has my kids laughing all the way through and there is nothing my ears love more than the sound of my children's laughter.

While Walden may not be the "coolest" character, I loved the episode Mr. Cool where his friends encourage him and convince him that he is in fact cool and doesn't need to change who he is! I think it's such an important lesson for toddlers to realize that being cool doesn't mean being just like everyone else. I want my kids to feel free to be themselves and not try to fit into the mold of what society deems cool.

"Don't try to be something you're not" is one of the lines in the song at the end of this episode and is something I'm really trying to impart on my kids so I love when there's a catchy song I can sing to them to remind them when situations arise. My daughter has no problem marching to the beat of her own drum but I worry about my son being more of a follower so I loved talking about this with him.

Walden is the smart one of his friends and is constantly sharing his brain power and knowledge. I want my kids to look up to a character like this. I love each of the unique personalities on Wubbzy and that their differences are embraced and championed.

Best of Walden is a fun DVD filled with silliness, great lessons and fun catchy music the whole family will love!
on September 2, 2013
This is the compilation of the best Walden episodes as voted by the fans. Walden learns how to be cool yet stay true to who he is. Learns how to be honest with his friends about things he's afraid of (swimming at the beach) & much more. Walden may be the smart one of the group of friends but he is also very adorable with charm & an Australian accent. Kids can learn a lot from Walden & parents can feel safe with their kids watching it.
on July 8, 2013
Even though he had many more presents to open, he wanted to stop and watch this video! I think that says it all.