4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job - Cheaper Replacement Options for Lost Magnets
Published 18 months ago by R. Kane

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some MONEY! Do not buy
Buy yourself the "24 Metal Collar Stays in a Clear Plastic Box - 4 Sizes" and the "30 Neodymium Magnets 5/16 x 1/8 inch Disc N48" and still save yourself about 10 bucks and you get almost 10 times the amount and different sizes and they work exactly the same.
Published 14 months ago by onlorders

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some MONEY! Do not buy, April 23, 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job - Cheaper Replacement Options for Lost Magnets, January 17, 2013
For the past dozen years, I've been able to meet with clients without a tie as dress codes have relaxed. The only problem with that is when your collar dips under your jacket it looks sloppy--these do a great job keeping your collar in place when you're wearing a shirt and jacket with no tie. However, the magnets can be easily lost--I lost one the very first day of having these collar stays. Looking at the brand's replacement options, they wanted $15 for 6 magnets, which is crazy expensive.

Instead of going that route, you can easily find an equivalent magnet here on Amazon or eBay. I purchased 30 magnets for $12.99 plus shipping (they'll be useful or other things vs. just shirts, but getting 5x the amount for less money was a no brainer). You'll just need to do a search for 5/16" x 1/8" N48 neodymium magnets (the N48 is the power rating, and they seem to be equivalent strength to the ones that came with the collar stays). Much cheaper and virtually identical to the ones that come in the package!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but....., February 29, 2012
I was excited about the idea and review from others.
Little skeptical about the price but finally pulled the trigger.
Stays are OK. But the magnet is so fragile...maybe it's just me.
After A day of use, one magnet cracked/broken and other one has the line of crack.

[...]

It could be perfect if they improve magnet quality.
Great idea but I am returning the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, but..., May 12, 2011
Good product, but lousy customer service. I purchased the three pair combo and on my 1st evening wearing one of the pairs the magnet came off on the left side. The magnets look pretty strong so I am not sure if it was poor positioning or my collar got lifted enough by the shoulder strap on my seatbelt to let the magnet fall. Yup, if your collar lifts or you pull it up the magnet will fall off.

I e-mailed WurkinStiffs to ask if they could possibly send a replacement magnet..no response. I sent a 2nd e-mail request. Still no response.

So there you have it. Decent product. Poor customer service..and they might want to let people know about the seatbelt thing.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping your collar in place, March 16, 2012
This keeps your collar looking good all day, especially when wearing dress shirts without a tie. When wearing a tie I use them without the magnet, as the tie pretty much keeps your collar in place. The magnets are strong and cannot be felt while wearing them.

Two cons, 1)The high price 2) The magnets are not durable, and I have had two crack because I forget they are on when taking off a tie, and they fell and hit the bathroom tile floor. Luckily they sell replacement magnets. 2.5 inch work well for most collars, but if you wear an english spread (such as found on Charles Tyrwhitt shirts) you will want to opt for the shorter 1.5 inch version

5.0 out of 5 stars A "stand up" product, January 19, 2009
These little items really work and add a level of sophistication to a man's collar. I've priced other comparable items and the price of these stiffs are actually better. We've purchased several pair and will most likely purchase more. The delivery was QUICK.

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy Quality, August 1, 2011
Ajay Mago (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of magnetic collar stays generally, however the Wurkin Power Stays are of poor quality when compared to other magnetic collars stays that I have purchased in the past for about the same price. The metal casing on the magnets break very easily . I would like to purchase more, but I don't plan on buying another product from Wurkin's until I know the quality has improved.

3.0 out of 5 stars Great product, but way over priced., July 10, 2013
These collar stays are a great idea and they work great. They keep my collar looking just the way I like it without having to buy shirts with buttons which I do not like. I don't wear a tie at work but like the collars to look straight and be angled a certain way. These stays do the trick.

However, they are ridiculously overpriced. I bought a box of 24 metal collar stays for $11 and 24 5/16 x 1/8 N52 disc magnets for $19. I now have 24 sets for $1.25 each vs. $6.66 each. Even at $25 per box, these would be overpriced but at least reasonable. At $40 I believe they are unfairly overpriced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple but effective, December 12, 2011
Saw the product on Shark Tank then decided to try them. They work exactly as promised. The magnets are surprisingly strong. I've been using them 5 days a week for a year and am still on my first 3 pak. I've purchased several as gifts. My only suggestion to the company is to offer the opportunity to custom engrave them their they're optimized for corporate gifts. I would purchase more if that were the case!

5.0 out of 5 stars My life has changed, June 12, 2011
An amazing product, great idea and incredibly functional. After seeing the product on Shark Tank i knew that I had to buy it. My whole office is now converted and we are all 'stiffed'

Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM