4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job - Cheaper Replacement Options for Lost Magnets
Published on January 17, 2013 by R. Kane

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some MONEY! Do not buy
Buy yourself the "24 Metal Collar Stays in a Clear Plastic Box - 4 Sizes" and the "30 Neodymium Magnets 5/16 x 1/8 inch Disc N48" and still save yourself about 10 bucks and you get almost 10 times the amount and different sizes and they work exactly the same.
Published 22 months ago by onlorders

2.0 out of 5 stars Save yourself some MONEY! Do not buy, April 23, 2013
This review is from: Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM (Apparel)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the Job - Cheaper Replacement Options for Lost Magnets, January 17, 2013
This review is from: Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM (Apparel)
For the past dozen years, I've been able to meet with clients without a tie as dress codes have relaxed. The only problem with that is when your collar dips under your jacket it looks sloppy--these do a great job keeping your collar in place when you're wearing a shirt and jacket with no tie. However, the magnets can be easily lost--I lost one the very first day of having these collar stays. Looking at the brand's replacement options, they wanted $15 for 6 magnets, which is crazy expensive.

Instead of going that route, you can easily find an equivalent magnet here on Amazon or eBay. I purchased 30 magnets for $12.99 plus shipping (they'll be useful or other things vs. just shirts, but getting 5x the amount for less money was a no brainer). You'll just need to do a search for 5/16" x 1/8" N48 neodymium magnets (the N48 is the power rating, and they seem to be equivalent strength to the ones that came with the collar stays). Much cheaper and virtually identical to the ones that come in the package!

2.0 out of 5 stars Great idea but....., February 29, 2012
I was excited about the idea and review from others.
Little skeptical about the price but finally pulled the trigger.
Stays are OK. But the magnet is so fragile...maybe it's just me.
After A day of use, one magnet cracked/broken and other one has the line of crack.

[...]

It could be perfect if they improve magnet quality.
Great idea but I am returning the product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, but..., May 12, 2011
Good product, but lousy customer service. I purchased the three pair combo and on my 1st evening wearing one of the pairs the magnet came off on the left side. The magnets look pretty strong so I am not sure if it was poor positioning or my collar got lifted enough by the shoulder strap on my seatbelt to let the magnet fall. Yup, if your collar lifts or you pull it up the magnet will fall off.

I e-mailed WurkinStiffs to ask if they could possibly send a replacement magnet..no response. I sent a 2nd e-mail request. Still no response.

So there you have it. Decent product. Poor customer service..and they might want to let people know about the seatbelt thing.

5.0 out of 5 stars A "stand up" product, January 19, 2009
These little items really work and add a level of sophistication to a man's collar. I've priced other comparable items and the price of these stiffs are actually better. We've purchased several pair and will most likely purchase more. The delivery was QUICK.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for keeping your collar in place, March 16, 2012
This review is from: Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM (Apparel)
This keeps your collar looking good all day, especially when wearing dress shirts without a tie. When wearing a tie I use them without the magnet, as the tie pretty much keeps your collar in place. The magnets are strong and cannot be felt while wearing them.

Two cons, 1)The high price 2) The magnets are not durable, and I have had two crack because I forget they are on when taking off a tie, and they fell and hit the bathroom tile floor. Luckily they sell replacement magnets. 2.5 inch work well for most collars, but if you wear an english spread (such as found on Charles Tyrwhitt shirts) you will want to opt for the shorter 1.5 inch version

2.0 out of 5 stars Shoddy Quality, August 1, 2011
Ajay Mago (Austin, TX United States) - See all my reviews
I am a big fan of magnetic collar stays generally, however the Wurkin Power Stays are of poor quality when compared to other magnetic collars stays that I have purchased in the past for about the same price. The metal casing on the magnets break very easily . I would like to purchase more, but I don't plan on buying another product from Wurkin's until I know the quality has improved.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good idea, and good execution, May 2, 2014
This review is from: Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM (Apparel)
Pros:

- Does what it says, keeps collars in place
- You can adjust your collars as you like
- If you are going tieless and leave your top 2 shirt buttons undone, this is a must have unless you love that disgusting sloppy look when your shirt collar sinks behind your jacket lapels. With these bad boys your shirt collars stand high, strong, and proud even if you are weird and leave top 4 or 5 buttons undone and show off your chest hair. Gross but this will help you.

Cons:

Only 1 con which is why I remove 1 star, the magnets, while they are really effing strong, there still is a possibility of losing them. BUT, i think you can just replace them really cheap by buying 50 of them from home depot for like 5 bucks or something. No sweat.

5.0 out of 5 stars They Work Perfectly, April 22, 2010
This review is from: Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM (Apparel)
If you're thinking of buying this product, you've probably got two questions you want answered.

First, why would you want to buy magnetic collar stays in the first place? Because normal collar stays don't help keep your collar "up," (rather than laying flat across your shirt), they just keep the collar from curling up or down. An "up" collar actually looks a lot better than one that is just laying flat across the shirt. It's why a lot of people go with only the button-collar. Button collars stay up because the button makes the collar stay up. So in order to get that same look without having a button collar, you need some help. This product is designed to give you that help.

Second, does the product work. Simply put, yes. My main worry before I got the collar stays was that the magnet would not be strong enough to hold onto the metal collar stay, or that it would shift around during the day, resulting in the flat collar anyway.

The company uses neodymium for the magnets. Look them up. Neodymium is the strongest permanent magnet known to man. By way of example, I let two of the small magnets (smaller than the buttons on my shirt) attach to each other by accident and was amazed at how much force was needed to separate them. I've been using the stays for several days now and haven't had an issue with the magnets detaching from the collar stays or with the collar moving out of the place that I put it in at the beginning of the day.

They are easy to use, fully adjustable, and easy to remove.

If I could give this product a higher rating, I would. Do not hesitate to get this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Much better than DIY attempts., July 21, 2014
This review is from: Wurkin Stiffs 2.5" Power StaysTM (Apparel)
The magnets this comes with are STRONG and work perfectly with the collar stays. I had a pair of wurking stiffs that I lost the magnets to and tried buying some other rare earth magnets to use with them but they weren't strong enough and I kept losing the magnets.

I got by with one set for a long time but when I went to buy again I decided to get the 3 pack so I could keep a spare set at work just in case.

IMO, there's a good chance you'll waste more money trying to do this yourself.

Wurkin Stiffs 2.5-inch Power Collar Stays 3 Pairs