5.0 out of 5 stars Great with Room for All Sizes
Published on May 4, 2006 by Tiger

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but it has some major design flaws.
Although it states it is an 11 slot knife tray, in reality it holds 14 knifes plus a sharpening steel.

Published on September 19, 2008 by enpdllp

5.0 out of 5 stars Great with Room for All Sizes, May 4, 2006
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
The product is exactly as pictured. It fits all my largest knives, including several types of chef knives. The raised slots are plenty wide to accomodate wider handles from an assortment of knives from various brands. Some of the other knife blocks brands have narrower slots for the raised section, but this one has plenty of room for all of my knives, including my Chicago Cutlery knives. The knife block fits well in my drawer when full. The block seems to be plenty longer than my longest knives.

2.0 out of 5 stars Looks nice, but it has some major design flaws., September 19, 2008
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)

My first impression from the picture was positive. A closer look when I received the item showed that on the bigger knife section, the edge of the knife is sitting on metal rods that are covered in rubber. In the one that I received the rubber did not completely covered some of the metal rods which left the blades of some of the bigger knifes exposed to the metal rods. I will still be concerned if the metal rods were completely covered with the rubber since with some use the rubber will wear out and the edge of the knife will be in contact with the metal rods which will deteriorate the edge of the knife.

I will have to look for another tray to store my knifes.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Wusthof Wave Design is Larger Than Amazon's Description, April 9, 2008
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
This is a nice knife holder, but Amazon is describing this as a ll slot knife holder, with smaller dimensions. I ordered 2 based on Amazons dimentions. What I received was a knife drawer, that holds 14 knives. It requires a 17" drawer depth, 9" wide and 3" high. The 2 knife holders, will not fit in the drawer as planned. This doesn't detract from the quality of the knife holder. But, please note the dimensions, what Amazon is describing is not this design model. The 29.99 is a great price for this item. I had ordered the version that Amazon is describing last year from an Amazon seller, and paid more for it with the shipping, than Amazon is currently selling this one for.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof Knife Tray, March 31, 2007
Big-D (Lake Havasu City, AZ United States) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
Although my Wusthof set of knives came with a knife-block, I wanted the ability to keep this fine set of cutlery in a drawer instead of on the counter top taking up my space. This tray fits the purpose to a "T". It easily holds my entire 11 piece set of knives plus the sharpening tool. The only piece it won't hold are the poltry scissors, which I just place in a tray next to it. It is not a big deal to me that the scissors won't fit. I was a little afraid that children could get ahold of the knives if left in the block. Being concealed in a drawer is "Out of sight, out of mind". The tray fit in a basic drawer and the knife blades are protected and secure. It was well worth getting. And yes, I would buy it again.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality and defective assembly - DON'T BUY!!!, April 2, 2011
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
Ordered with Wusthof knives for my wife. The discription says "Oak", but the selection choice for ordering is either "Beechwood" or "Walnut" (higer priced) and the attached picture appears it is made of Beechwood. This unit is made in China and not sure what the species of wood is, but it is laminated with a lot (8) of knot defects in the wood. The indiivdual blocks that make up this organizer were out of alignment/crooked so that one of the large knife slots is unusable. Only 1 of the large knive slots was aligened with the end block. Wustohf knives are of excelent quality and I don't know why they would allow such an inferior product to have their name on it.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, poorly finished, December 2, 2010
Reader (Cedar City, UT USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
Beware. This item is made in China, and the quality is seriously lacking. The one I received had rough, uneven sanding, no sanding in the knife slots. Gouge marks, and even splinters. Wood filler used in places and not even smoothed. Uneven spacing between knife slots. Sloppy brand mark. I would send it back, but don't want to pay the shipping. Over-all I expected much more for the price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knife holder review, February 24, 2006
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
This knife holder is very good quality and fit exactly as intended. I looked into others and this one was less expensive, more compact and is nice looking.

3.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work very well in shallow drawers, January 21, 2013
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
The bolts holding these pieces of wood together on the underside are very thick. Sturdy! The drawback is that it raises the knives, and the angle of the wood that is supposed to cradle the knives makes them stick up a lot. I have 3.5-4" deep drawers and bought this to fit 3 cutco kitchen knives, 4 generic kitchen knives that came with my old knife block, as well as a set of small steak knives to fit in the upper slots.

The 3 cutco kitchen knives fit. All the others, no. The combination of the bolts and the angles of the wood did weird things with the other knives so that the handles stuck up too much to close the drawer. Even the little steak knives!

So.... nice construction, very sturdy, but you might not want to buy it if the handles of your knives are not puny and/or do not have drawers AT LEAST 4" deep.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, October 13, 2011
I purchased the beechwood knife tray fits my drawer just fine....wooden dowel connectors no metal or rubber parts. Holds 14 knives and has space for one sharpening steel, some other brands don't have a seperate space for a steel. Quality materials and finish. This style of knife tray/holder is a counter top space saver and keeps sharp instruments from precarious locations. I'll never go back to counter top knife blocks, as long as this style is available.

4.0 out of 5 stars Finally Knives in Order, March 23, 2009
This review is from: Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray (Kitchen)
The 9 by 17 inch Knife Storage Tray fills the whole drawer but the knives are neatly aligned and most easily located. There is not much finish but the slots are straight and the tiers allow for deep, long, or short knives. The holder arrived promptly.

Wusthof 14-slot In-drawer Knife Storage Tray