4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and of high quality
These knives have been fantastic. I wish they were slightly heavier to the feel, but they are great quality. They don't feel cheap at all. I have medium sized hands and they're perfect for me.

The edge was very sharp straight out of the box.
Published on June 3, 2011 by zeezrom82

1.0 out of 5 stars Wustohof "Gourmet" is NOT Wustohof Classic
Published 14 months ago by Mike in San Clemente

1.0 out of 5 stars Wustohof "Gourmet" is NOT Wustohof Classic, July 17, 2013
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
Buyer beware. the Gourmet line deceptively looks like the Classic line from the picture, but it's far inferior. Much lighter and thinner. The blade only partially goes through the handle so the handle is part of the structure of the knife not just a grip. And it's plastic and unlikely to last like the Classic. You might have thought you were getting deal, buying the set at what seemed half the price. But at best they are worth half the price and probably not even that

1.0 out of 5 stars Fakes?, February 4, 2013
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
Having owned 4 sets of Wusthof knives in my life, I am about 99% sure that these are fakes. They are rusting after being used less than two weeks. They are also flimsy and not built like Wusthof knives are typically built. They will not balance in your hand. The labels looked like they were printed on an inkjet printer. I will be returning these ASAP for a FULL refund.

4.0 out of 5 stars Sharp and of high quality, June 3, 2011
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)

The edge was very sharp straight out of the box.

5.0 out of 5 stars The Product of Extensive Examination, June 27, 2011
Gridley (asheville, north carolina USA) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
We bought this set after a great deal of shopping and examination. The block is well balanced and looks great, and the knives hold a good edge. I recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very nice set., October 11, 2011
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
A+++ Very nice knife set, I wanted a quality product from Germany and that's what I got.Good and sharp,my wife's a cook and uses them daily.

1.0 out of 5 stars Steak Knives Rusted After 3 Weeks!, January 1, 2013
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
It's unbelievable to me that two of the steak knives would rust after washing them three times. I bought these knives to replace Henkels that I've had for nearly 10 years, which have never rusted.

I sent them back to Amazon and was refunded my money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Stickers, January 20, 2012
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
The knives work great, it warrents mentioning that the Wusthof red triton symbol on the handle of the knives is a mere sticker. The blades themselves had the wusthof text on them.

2.0 out of 5 stars Blades are good, but handles break, August 11, 2012
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
I'm very disappointed with the handles of these knives. Within a somewhat short time after purchasing these, one of the handles broke and fell off one of the knives. Within a short time after that, another one cracked and soon broke and fell off. I'm not sure what the material is that is used by Wusthof, but it seems very brittle. I've had much cheaper knives that have never had issues with handles breaking.

If I was buying another set of knives, I think I'd go with another brand.

4.0 out of 5 stars Wusthof for good price, not professional grade, January 8, 2011
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
Purchased these knives as gift for in-laws. They are as described, and I got the extra steak knives as well. I am used to my Henckel's knives which seem to have much more weight. These knives have a great edge and will do fine for the non-discriminate cook who just needs some decent knives. If you're looking for that "pro" quality that is found with typically more expensive knives, keep looking. Regardless, good knives/block for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for a very good set, November 26, 2011
This review is from: Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block (Kitchen)
I never was a regular cooker, but now with my new knifes it really got me. I also recommend the 3 piece set with the smaller ones as an addition. There are other knife series from Wuesthof or Henkel which are more professional and pricier, yet considering the value you get here, it's a great deal. You can not compare them with any knifes you would get in a supermarket.

Wusthof Gourmet 12-Piece Knife Set with Block