Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Bread Knife
Safety Month botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro STEM

Size: 8-Inch Bread Knife|Change
Price:$46.29+ $4.69 shipping

on June 12, 2010
I got this knife because I am a home bread baker and I was tired of my sandwich slices looking like they had been chewed off the loaf. This knife is very sharp and glides through all my breads from sandwich loaves to crusty artisan loaves. I haven't had it for very long so I cannot say how well it holds its edge but I've haven't noticed any change in sharpness in the months I've owned it. Overall I am very happy with this knife.
on July 18, 2012
You just might cut yourself without knowing it, it is that sharp. As a bread knife this has been one of the best. Having worked for several years as a chef in som rather well known restaurants I am pretty familiar with good cutlery German Solingen to be precise (and no not because I was born there). There are many brands all linked to the Solingen factories Wusthof is one of them. I have also owned Henkle and others. This was however by far the best bargin.
on January 1, 2011
Someone on here complaining about thickness and worried about it breaking, but I think you need a thin, flexible knife for bread. The metal is great and I like the handle better than the riveted knives.
on March 12, 2013
The Wusthof Grand Prix II Bread Knife is one of the highest rated by Consumer Reports and Cooks Illustrated. This is a beautiful knife and is made in Solingen, Germany (not China or Spain as some think.) The Grand Prix II line are basically the same as the Classic except the handles are Ergonomically designed polycarbonate and not the triple riveted with a fully exposed tang. The blades are all High-carbon, rust-resistant stainless steel, but you should wash and hand dry after use. I paid $50 for this sharp, well balanced knife! It cuts sour dough bread like butter! I highly recommend the Wusthof Grand Prix II line.
on May 19, 2013
Been a chef for more than two decades. Everyone has a different brand or style knife they like and the Grand Prix II are my choice across the board. This bread knife is skinnier and lighter than the one they sold previously. The blade is thinner, so it's lowers the weight. I dig it. I have both, but this is my go to serrated.

Great for fruit & bread fo sho!
on October 7, 2013
I got this knife very cheap. The reviews said it was well made and would take your finger off with out hesitation. They were very correct. I still have my fingers and after a year the knife is super sharp.
on January 19, 2013
I really have a bad set of knives. Serviceable, but they are junk Sabatier block set from Bed Bath and Beyond for really cheap.

Lo and behold, a deal for this Wusthof bread knife appears. After reading all the opinions about how the bread knife should be one of the last knives you replace for a quality blade, I decided to get it anyway. And I am not regretting it. While the Sabatier knife cut bread, this knife gloriously sliced it. My Sabatier slid off a sourdough bread I attempted to make and cut right into my finger. This knife has yet to do that (although I've been a little knife-shy and haven't tried to bake any country-style loaves for a while). The store-loaf styles however, are a dream to cut.

This knife has a nice slot in the Sabatier wood block, and I couldn't be happier.
on January 27, 2011
This bread knife is awesome. It cuts every bread I have tried quickly and easily. The previous bread knife I owned would tear the bread quite frequently. This knife is as smooth as silk. Highly recommended.
on January 28, 2013
I'm a professional caterer, chef, food stylist, and blogger, and have used a lot of knives... but never a Wusthof. After hearing others clamor over the Wusthof name, I always kept the brand on the back burner, and finally decided to make the purchase after Amazon featured it as a daily deal item.

Overall, I'm not particularly impressed. This knife does a fine job cutting through bread, tomatoes, and other foods, but it didn't live up to the hype. Perhaps my expectations were set too high by friends and coworkers who loved the brand?

Personally, I like my knives to have weight to them, and this knife is fairly light. I also read multiple reviews here that said the knife's blade seemed to bend... in general, I'm skeptical of reviews by others because you never know how trustworthy the reviewer is, but I have to agree, the blade does bend slightly. The bending isn't enough to worry about for general purposes, but it does move when you're cutting really crusty bread.
on January 24, 2011
I love Wusthof, so I am a biased reviewer. However, I can tell you that it is a sharp blade and I have had no problems cutting through bread. No hangups or "catching" while cutting. It is a light blade and doesn't feel sturdy, but it IS a bread knife.