5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multi-purpose knife, January 5, 2008
This review is from: Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Hollow-Ground Cook's Knife (Kitchen)
If it wasn't for my sister then I'd never know about these knives. Bought it for her as a present because she wanted a quality knife. I only used it once & I don't want to use anything else now. For those who love to cook & seek a well made knife then look no further. The balance from handle to tip is excellent, handle is solid & ergonomic, & the blade zips through about anything. Aside from being a great tool in the kitchen, it looks intimidating like something Special Forces could use. Don't let the lack of reviews fool you because I'd buy another one of these without hesitating.

Another quality German made product.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm in Love!!!, July 13, 2005
This was my second Wusthoff knife. I love it as much or more than my santuko. I now have trouble deciding which to use. I have thown out all the rest of the knives in my drawers. Only Wusthof for me from now on.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, November 12, 2011
I've had this knife for a few days now. Truthfully, I would give it a rating of 4.5 stars. The tempered stainless steel is clearly of high quality. The finish is the right finish for a chef's knife. It cuts like a dream, and it's big enough for my hands. Also, the santoku-style cutaways certainly allow the knife to slide through solid foods easily. The blade is relatively thin, which requires this knife to be babied, as most fine knives should anyway.

The only drawback I would mention is its balance. When holding it just behind the bolster, it tips forward (the blade tends to fall down). For me, this translates into slightly reduced feeling of control. I've used some very expensive chef's knives before and they tend to achieve balance when teetered behind the bolster.

The handle feels great and it's some sort of hard rubber polymer. It has good grip when wet. However, it doesn't look as good as the harder handles; it looks cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife ever, December 19, 2009
By far the best knife i have ever owned. I bought it with the ceramic sharpener and sharpen it ever 5-6 time I use it and it stays dangerously sharp. This was the first real forged knife I had ever owned, but from here on out it'll be all i buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars wonderful!, July 8, 2010
R. Wiegers "bobbywigs" (Chattanooga, TN United States) - See all my reviews
this is our first "real" kitchen knife and we couldn't be happier. it stays very sharp and it is a joy to hold and behold.

5.0 out of 5 stars Knife is awesome, April 4, 2013
Knife is awesome, we are using it to cut fresh chicken, turkey, pork to make raw dog food. I think we may get another for us!

5.0 out of 5 stars Best knife ever!, September 20, 2011
This is the best knife I ever owned - I use it for everything - so worth the money! =))

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent knife., April 4, 2011
Great product, was everything I expected and more. Super sharp, huge (8in), large grip and it just feels like what a knife should be.

4.0 out of 5 stars almost the best, April 10, 2010
Most people would be astonished at this knife and how nicely it holds an edge. The handle is quite ergonomic, as some other reviewers have mentioned. It is very easy to get it incredibly sharp in just a few strokes with the Wusthof brand steel. I think that might be the best quality of this knife: that you don't need to hire a professional to sharpen it for you (unlike the Shuns).

I weighed this knife at 9 oz (approx. 255 grams) on a postal scale, for those who are curious. I was hoping this 8" knife would be lighter like the earlier Gran Prix 2 knives (thus 4 stars), but the steel is very dense and probably very tough.

Wusthof Grand Prix II 8-Inch Hollow-Ground Cook's Knife