Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Elizabeth Cook Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1 AllOrNothingS1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro

on April 25, 2013
Our picky brood of 4 cats LOVE this food. They all agree on almost nothing. Normally, we feed Fromm Four-Star Nutritionals Surf and Turf Formula Dry Cat Food, 5-Pound Bag and Orijen Regional Poultry and Fish Grain-Free Dry Cat & Kitten Food, 5.5lb, but in a pinch we needed a quick Prime delivery of a reputable grain-free dry cat food, looked around, read reviews, found this on Prime. Bingo.

This kibble looks like small fertilizer pellets, smells not especially appealing, and appears kind of drier than most kibbles, so we weren't holding our breath. But they all ate up every bite in their bowls. Never happens with a new food. And, we thought, this won't happen again tomorrow; it was just a fluke. Well they repeated their performance and hoovered up every bit again the next morning. And they continue to love Epigen-90.

Thrilled THRILLED to have another quality food to rotate into their diets, since variety = the spice of life, right? And also a better way to hedge your bets for getting a wide range of nutrients. Also really happy there are organic ingredients in this formula -- and no subpar likely-GMO proteins isolates, like pea or potato protein (this is only true of the Epigen-90 formula, though!). We also offer one small can of Peking Ducken Wet Cat Food Size: 3 oz, case of 24 each meal, and the cats are very happy, excited at mealtimes, with lovely coats. Please keep offering this on Prime!! Please, pretty please, Wysong, keep to this formula! ...Fingers officially crossed...

EDITED TO ADD: We no longer feed Orijen due to concerns about product quality and changes in the formulation. Epigen-90 continues to be a big hit with our cats, and they're in great health on it, too. Wish it were cheaper, but when you pay for quality on the front end, the better quality of life & good health over time saves plenty from big expenses on the vet-end of things. Anything to keep the cats happy, anything to avoid hauling us all over to the vet's.
on June 18, 2013
This is as good as it gets when it comes to kibble. There is a ton of meat, helpful things like probiotics, and no starch or hurtful items like coloring or by-products. Not surprisingly, the food itself isn't formed like the usual 'yummy' looking kibble. Instead, this is a bland pellet food that looks made for rabbits. I'd assume this is because the lack of starch gives Wysong very limited options in how to create the kibble. Luckily, dogs don't care what their food looks like! Woohoo! I have 9 dogs - yes, 9 - of varying sizes and mixes since they are all rescues. I feed them Epigen 90 once a day and Orijen once a day. I would love to feed Epigen 90 all the time but A) Eating the same food non-stop can cause problems and B) Orijen, though also expensive, helps curb the even higher cost of Epigen 90.

I highly recommend this food.
on April 8, 2014
I feed this product and Young Again cat dry cat food since these are the only two dry foods that are not just grain free but completely starch free. Grain free is great but for diabetics the food needs to be low carb and not all grain free cat foods are low carb. Some of them have just as much starch as regular foods. I have one diabetic and one healthy cat and they both really love this stuff. They prefer it to the Young Again. While wet food is best for cats if yours demand dry food in addition to wet like mine do this is a very good choice.
on May 15, 2013
This Wysong "Epigen 90" is a good grain free, starch free high protein dry food. Its good for both Dogs & Cats which in a multi pet household would be a time & money saver. But, the price is HIGH and it only comes in 2 lb or 16lb bags, no inbetween size. At $72 for the lrg bag, its just not an affordable choice for most ppl. While its a good food, there are others that compare well and are at a much lower price tag. I get a 2 lb bag from time to time but with 4 cats I cant afford to feed on a reg basis . the other Wysong foods, though claim "starch free", have questionable at bet ingredients. The regcWysong is low protein & has CORN protein!? Why add CORN anything into our pets foods?!! Other things in these are less than favorable for Cats as well as Dogs. So while I would recommend this Wysong Epigen 90 , I would not want the others for Free! I use EVO & have never had an issuse. All my cats like it and no digestive problems. Orijen is or WAS another good food yet they went & changed their formulas to include CHEAPER ingredients than previous used ones- Herring instead of Salmon for 1. But the price is still as high! So no more Orijen for me. But there are a few good grain free foods, this is one if you can afford the price...
88 comments|6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on April 26, 2014
After trying numerous kinds of food for my cat with a super sensitive digestive system, I decided to try this food. Because it is still new to him, I mix this food 50% with another grain free brand I have been using for a while, which was the best I could find up to that point. In the last few weeks his issues have improved so much that I am convinced that this food is making a big difference. His stool is almost normal now, a huge improvement!
on October 3, 2013
When P&G bought out Innova Evo, we needed to find a good alternative and this was it. She's getting all the nutrition she needs, and I could swear she seems like she has more energy. It's absolutely worth it! She plays much more. I feel really good about giving this food to my kitty. :)
on April 14, 2014
Was feeding my cat raw for years when she decided she was DONE with it! Total
Disappointment to me. She was a previous dry food addict.... So here we are back on dry food, and I feel that this is at least a good quality starch free grain free dry food. She won't touch canned food either. She LOVES this food tho! I'm
Very HAPPY I found it!!!!
First off let me say I have finicky cats and have been through so many dry foods trying to find a good one since I stopped feeding them Purina One due to recalls, etc. Tried Orijen 6fish, Orijen Chicken, several varieties of Fromm, Arcana and then took a chance on this food after reading reviews about it and seeing that it is mostly meat! Happy to say my cats love this! When they ran out because my order was taking so long to arrive (from another online store not amazon) they ignored the food in their other bowl and just stared at me as if to say why aren't you feeding us, did we do something wrong? It felt like forever waiting for the food to arrive. Ordered three more bags of this (from amazon) to make sure I don't run out again! I tried a bag of the Wysong Epigen original in the black bag but they didn't care for that one, only the Epigen 90 in the yellow bag. They are both over 10 years old and they seem more playful on this food, more energetic and frisky. They went from mostly sleeping cats to playing everyday cats. Could be because they seem to have more bowel movements on this food which I guess makes them feel better? I am happy because one of my cats always seemed kinda constipated, this food has helped that. Like one of the other reviewers we seemed to get a bad batch too, they didn't act like they wanted to eat it as readily as before. Now it seems okay for the most part, they just aren't as crazy about it as they were initially. Would like to find one for sensitive stomachs and/or skin since they still seem itchy and like their stomachs hurt sometimes.
on August 25, 2013
THIS FOOD WOULD BE THE ONLY DRY FOOD I WOULD FEED MY CATS. ITS GOT EVERYTHING THEY NEED AS FAR AS HEALTH. BUT IT IS PRICY. I DO ORDER THIS FOOD, WHEN I CAN AFFORD IT. AMAZON IS GREAT THOUGH, THEIR SERVICE ABD PRICES IS TOTALLY WONDERFUL........
on May 8, 2014
It was a long and difficult process trying to find a dry dog food that my whippet both liked and could eat. He suffers from allergies and it seemed like every single dry food had at least one thing in it that he was allergic to. When I found this, I was hopeful but ready for my pup not to like it since we had such terrible luck in the past. However, he took to it right away! He eats this kibble more often than any of the others we've tried combined. The price isn't exactly cheap, but since we use this food to supplement his wet food diet, and it's difficult enough to get him to eat anything, we don't go through the bags very quickly. I would say that we probably get a new 2lb bag every 3 weeks or so which makes the cost a little better. Overall, I'm happy with the quality and the ingredients. We will continue purchasing this dry food for the foreseeable future.

See 1 answered question